It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks accuser admits being on CIA payroll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
You guys are pissed enough at the US Government over their treatment of Assange that you are willing to ignore any claims brought against him as its viewed as some type of conspiracy theory.

I ignore claims without evidence.

Had she been raped, she had every chance to get that evidence. All it takes is a simple swipe.

Is it so wrong to let justice have a chance to wok in this case?

Not sure in this case.

Is it so wrong for a woman to accusse a man of rape without any evidence? I think so.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Assange Lawyers Prepare for U.S. Spying Indictment

In response to widespread criticism of the sex crime charges, a lawyer for the two Swedish women accusing Assange said the charges are in no way politically motivated and the woman are angry at that suggestion.

"They were attacked by Mr. Assange and then they are treated like perpetrators themselves," attorney Claes Borgstrom told ABC News. "He has molested them and then sacrificed them for his own interests."

One woman accused Assange of sexually coercing her twice in August, including one time when he allegedly "forcibly parted her legs, preventing her from moving... then had intercourse without a condom," according to prosecutors. The second woman claimed that Assange had unprotected sex with her while she slept.

People want to know why the females did not go to the Hospital? One of them did.

Borgstrom told ABC News one of the women went to the hospital following one of the alleged attacks

This is from the lawyer for the females. The bomb shell is this part:

Working for the CIA... Hmmm ok.. how about this from thier lawyer:

But Borgstrom said his clients were hardly against Wikileaks. Rather, the two were employed by Wikileaks and were in fact "admirers" of Assange's work.

They worked for wikileaks according to their lawyer.

Whats more hypocritical than arguing Assange has a first amendment right to post his info? Attacking companies and individuals who disagree with Assange and wikileaks. Apparently its ok to argue 1st amendment grounds for assange, but its not ok for business to excersize theirs, in addtion to being a private business who can decide who they do and do not do business with.

If a business disagrees with Assange, they are attcked.. Intresting turn of hypocrisy there.

The good thing is Operation
ayback is now under invesitgation for criminal activity. Or are we going to argue they had a first amendment right to break the law also?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well this is a rawstory article but for what it's worth:
www.rawstory.com...

also.. what is "sex by surprise?"

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I love the way the stick in "Christian fundamentalist" - the central left wing boogie man - into that description of this false witness. Liars using smears in describing a CIA liar who smears. Life is twisted. What if everyone just stopped lying long enough to get through one drama to the next drama!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

One of the women is claiming Assange had sex with her, unprotected, while she was asleep.

Either she is a heavy sleeper, or Assange is doing this massive leak to compensate for a small, uhm.. stature.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

People want to know why the females did not go to the Hospital? One of them did.

Borgstrom told ABC News one of the women went to the hospital following one of the alleged attacks

That does change things. Did they find the evidence? If so, why wasn't he charged and arrested then and not now?

The good thing is Operation
ayback is now under invesitgation for criminal activity. Or are we going to argue they had a first amendment right to break the law also?

First: I am glad this org is being investigated.

Second: Who said Assange had a first amendment right to rape a woman? I sure didn't.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Considering none of the reports indicate violence or charges like assault. I would say that are milking this one out of context. She probably went to the hospital where they looked inside for signs of rape collected semen etc.
Which they probably found because she had sex with him.

They will have lots of good luck investigation operation payback since it was anon and there is no organization to investigate.

And finally.. anyone with common sense knows he didn't rape these women.
edit on 10-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ah.. well hell, he should just claim he was asleep too. Sleep sex is a real condition.
If you are going to spoon naked.. you should expect some residual sex.
These charges are so bogus.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
That does change things. Did they find the evidence? If so, why wasn't he charged and arrested then and not now?

I have no idea about the outcome of the result. I know here in the states when we work a rape, the examination is performed by medical staff, and the "recovered" items are secured as evidence to go to a crime lab for analysis.If there is bruising, etc, photos will be taken to document. Also you need to take into account turn around time at the lab. We have a new regional crime lab in my area, which reduced our evidence return times from 6-9 months down to about 3 months give or take.

To those who have never been involved with a rape / sexual molestation case, please be careful with comments. People handle these situations differently, and when there is truth, the effects are devestating, physically and mentally. To question why a female did not immidiately go to a Hospital is valid on its face, there are reasons why there are delays, and not all are sinister. Im not saying these women arent lying, but at the same time lets not discount the claims. If its bogus, the courts will handle them.

I am not sure how Swedish law works in this area, but I would imagine its going to be similar. Also, since its a potential criminal case, anything recovered as evidence would not be released to the public, since it can taint any proceedings and prjudice the case.

Originally posted by Nutter
First: I am glad this org is being investigated.

Second: Who said Assange had a first amendment right to rape a woman? I sure didn't.

Sorry not you.. People in the forums and the commentators / lawyer for Assange is claiming he had a first amendment right to do what he did. The Problem with that argument is he did not do this inside the US, so there is no 1st amendment protection under US law for him.

The article made the argument as well.

What I was getting at is tons of people are saying Assange has a 1st amendment right to do what he is doing. At the same time, the people making that argument, are attacking companies who choose not to do business with Assange as well as entites who speak out against Assanges actions.

The people are pissed because Assange is not being allowed to speak his mind, while at the very same time attacking the people who are speaking out against Assange.

Kinda poetic if you ask me... Making an argument while undermining and invalidating it all at the same time through actions.

Nothing but the truth, the half truth and whatever helps assanges case I guess..
edit on 10-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okay. The vast majority of people on this website really need a lesson in critical thinking.

She's being sarcastic. Under your interpretation, she's also in love with Julian Assange. Pretty sure she's not.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Ah.. well hell, he should just claim he was asleep too. Sleep sex is a real condition.
If you are going to spoon naked.. you should expect some residual sex.
These charges are so bogus.

Curious.. how are you involved with the swedish prosecuting attorneys office to come to the conclusion the charges are bogus?

You are exactly what I am talking about. You are so quick to dive into the conspiracy theory realm, that you are dismissing a possible crime because its against a person you happen to agree with. I would familiarize yourself with the law in terms of what constitutes an assulat and sexual misconduct. You are applying a black and white interpretation that is anything but that.

Also the thing to keep in mind is Sweden issued an arrest warrant for questioning. He is not officaly charged as of yet. The best equivelant I can give would be what we call a material witness warrant.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Curious.. how are you involved with the swedish prosecuting attorneys office to come to the conclusion the charges are bogus?

Well the Swedish prosecutor actually dropped all the charges..End of story....
UNTIL a politician demanded it be reopened..
Wonder why, a late night call from Hilary maybe??

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
No she is NOT.. She is a woman.. That after comparing notes... found out that she wasn't the only woman he had slept with.. So these 2 took their jealous rage, and decided to turn him in..

Ah a small 'tweet' of sanity in a world gone Wiki mad... This is starting to be worse than the plot of a B movie... Blogs as breaking news, quotes out of context...

[[[going outside to see sign on door.... yup still says ATS...]]]

:shk:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Actually this is wrong. One prosecutor did drop the case, and it was picked u by a different prosecutor. You have a source to the Politician claim?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well THAt is the key point here... the charges were actually laughed out of court as I heard it, which seems more is step with the Swedish thinking.

...they even used the term that this had been originally "laughed out of the court in Sweden"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I guess politicians in Sweden can reopen a case already dismissed? No 'double jeopardy' laws in Sweden?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Actually this is wrong. One prosecutor did drop the case, and it was picked u by a different prosecutor. Youhave a source to the Polotician claim?

I could find it but oddly I don't see a source for your claim either.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ah a small 'tweet' of sanity in a world gone Wiki mad... This is starting to be worse than the plot of a B movie... Blogs as breaking news, quotes out of context...

Ohh that's happening a lot now..Any blog will do..

Next we will be accepting photoshoped pics in the Alien forum..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Original stories always seem to get buried... and the blogs rule the roost. Welcome to the new ages

A senior prosecutor in Sweden on Wednesday announced she is reopening an official investigation into a rape allegation against Julian Assange, the Australian cofounder of the whistle-blowing Web site WikiLeaks. She also said a parallel investigation into allegations of "molestation" by Assange will continue, and indicated it might even be expanded.

In an official statement posted on the Web site of the Swedish Prosecution Authority, Marianne Ny, a director of public prosecutions, made the announcement: "There is reason to believe that a crime has been committed. Considering information available at present, my judgement is that the classification of the crime is rape. The basis for further consideration is not sufficient at the moment. More investigations are necessary before a final decision can be made."

As Declassified and other media have reported, the rape allegation first surfaced on a Friday night last month when a junior prosecutor issued a warrant for Assange's arrest. The warrant was canceled the next morning when a more senior prosecutor examined the case file and ruled there was insufficient evidence for the case to proceed. However, that prosecutor also decided that a parallel investigation into an allegation of "molestation" against Assange would continue, and later instructed police to interview Assange about it. Assange agreed to the interview, which a spokeswoman for prosecutors said occurred earlier this week.

Claes Borgstrom, a lawyer for two Swedish women whose interviews with police led to the opening of the Assange probe, had told Declassified he believed the rape investigation should be reopened and that he would appeal the decision to close it to a higher authority. Ny's decision to reopen followed Borgstrom's submission appeal.

Borgstrom confirmed to Declassified last week that his clients' allegations relate to efforts by Assange to have sex without condoms, and his subsequent refusal to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases. One of the more thorough accounts of the women's stories—apparently based on a censored copy of the original police report—was published earlier this week by London's Daily Mail.

NEWSWEEK

lets save it somewhere

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Actually this is wrong. One prosecutor did drop the case, and it was picked u by a different prosecutor. Youhave a source to the Polotician claim?

I could find it but oddly I don't see a source for your claim either.

Way to deflect...

The Swedish wire
Assange could face espionage charges
Timeline: sexual allegations against Assange in Sweden

August 20th, 2010 - The Swedish Prosecutor's Office issues an arrest warrant for Julian Assange. Karin Rosander, the head of communications, says there are two separate allegations - one of rape and one of molestation.

August 21, 2010 - The arrest warrant is withdrawn. "I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," says one of Stockholm's chief prosecutors, Eva Finne.

Ms Rosander says the investigation into the molestation charge will continue but it is not a serious enough crime for an arrest warrant.

The lawyer for the two women, Claes Borgstrom, lodges an appeal to a special department in the public prosecutions office.

August 31, 2010 - Mr Assange is questioned by police for about an hour in Stockholm and formally told of the allegations against him, according to his lawyer (at the time), Leif Silbersky. The activist denies the charges.

This is what you are looking for:

September 1, 2010 - Director of Prosecutions Marianne Ny says she is reopening the rape investigation against Mr Assange. Ms Ny is also head of the department that oversees prosecution of sex crimes in particular.

"There is reason to believe that a crime has been committed," she says in a statement. "Considering information available at present, my judgement is that the classification of the crime is rape."

Ms Ny says the investigation into the molestation claim will also be extended. She tells AFP that overturning another prosecutor's decision was "not an ordinary (procedure), but not so out of the ordinary either."

Now, your source please.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Nothing but the truth, the half truth and whatever helps assanges case I guess..[

So what about the statement by the LAWYER for the women?

Borgstrom confirmed to Declassified last week that his clients' allegations relate to efforts by Assange to have sex without condoms, and his subsequent refusal to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases. One of the more thorough accounts of the women's stories—apparently based on a censored copy of the original police report—was published earlier this week by London's Daily Mail.

NEWSWEEK

If he gets through this, someone oughtta tell him to keep his pants zipped;
It's distracting from the leaked documents

So you arrange to have sex, they agree; you want to do it with out protection, they say 'get the test' and then we will agree; and he refuses to get the test so it's rape... So that implies if he HAD gone for the test, they would have consented. Wonder why he was afraid of that test

This world has really gone the way of the Dodo... we are already dead... just to stupid to know it yet

:shk:
edit on 10-12-2010 by zorgon because: PHAGE has been ABDUCTED by ALIENS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join