It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Assange, simply put, is a cowboy who...perhaps on a do-gooder crusade (but I believe more likely on a quest for fame and fortune)...broke multiple laws (and may now be responsible for many new ones) and will - and should be - prosecuted.

Following this, many other of his "followers" - including perhaps some people here at ATS - will be prosecuted for their actions in supporting his criminal activities. Not all, of course, because the numbers of lemmings are too large to prosecute everyone. But, likely enough of you will be taken down to act as something of a deterrent to future legally-protected-information thieves.

As I have stated previously, at the very least he is guilty of possession of stolen property. He is very likely guilty of the dissemination for personal gain (as is Wikileaks as a legal entity) of contraband. If he/it indeed assisted in the collection and transmission - and then the general publication - of known Classified documents, then perhaps he/it is also guilty of espionage.

Do not be surprised if, in addition, you find Assange and his associates charged with racketeering...and so they should be.

The United States, and all other affected nations, ought to - and trust me they will - take all necessary steps to prosecute these crimes.

If you don't like the laws of the United States and other Western Countries, then (wherever you are a citizen) lobby for changes in an open and democratic manner. Do not involve yourself in criminal activities, as the full weight of the law will be brought down on your shoulders.

I happen to believe that our way of life...flawed as it is...flawed as we all are...is worth defending. Assange, and all the nosy Parkers who seem to think that all government activities need to be revealed in real time - need to be dealt with in accordance with the law.

I hope Assange is, ultimately, convicted, put in jail and that they throw away the key.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

He was wanted for questioning in relation to the second warrant. Didn't you see the news coverage??? He was brought before a court for questioning and all the questions were in direct relation to the charges alleged by the Swedish prosecutor, Miss Ny.

Seriously dude... What have you been smoking???

*Edit: The British Police couldn't arrest him with the first warrant because it did not contain any charges. That is why they requested a new warrant with specific details as to why he should be extradited. Soon after the police received the second warrant with the charges listed, they had no choice but to arrest Julian.

Julian turned himself in soon after his lawyer was informed of the charges listed in the second warrant. If that second warrant was never issued then the British Police would have done nothing and Julian would still be 'free' (though living like a fugitive).
edit on 11-12-2010 by radionactive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
He is getting what he deserves and being a veteran of the armed forces I really hope that no one in the military or some other country helping us loses their life over this idiot, think of this, some people are saying what did he do wrong ?well first of all I will use a simple example, do you know that receiving anything willingly that is stolen is a crime? if you purchased something from someone that is stolen knowingly or they give it to you that is a crime, well this just happens to the be the extra strength stolen merchandise, stamped all over the documents is us government property and classified watermarks he could have saved himself the trouble at that point and contacted the U.S. government even before receiving the goods, but even after receiving the information complete with classified stamps on it and all chose to leak it to the world, now it is debatable whether this idiot is really a bona fide member of the press also, I mean anybody that owns a website can declare themselves a member of the press????? and hide behind that after they leak information and have got their butt in a sling, this is the property of the U.S. government in the first place an our government for whatever reasons chose to classify it for our own security, and honestly it is not everyones business why especially if it were a matter of national security and really that is for no one outside the government to decided...come on, I dare you to do something like that, I guarantee you will regret it, just as this complete idiot did and he has it coming to him, and also the private that is imprisoned right now is learning his lesson and is lucky he is not being executed, so Assange is no hero by any stretch, just an idiot who made the wrong choice to do something so irresponsible and now he will pay for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

So Assange should just go to jail and same # ( people in power ) should just go on? People in power lying to people and taking advantage of everything?

Sir, you are officiailly a sheep, a drone.

" I don´t care what they do to us and how much they lie to us as fas as I get my monthly payment and pension and so forth"

Sheep drone sheep drone sheep.

I´d like to know how do you justify the criminal acts of United States? How do you justify the criminal acts of Vatican?

You just don´t wan´t to know whats going on. Yeah I know, ingorence is a bliss but come on!!

Everything from Halliburton is made to make more money to the ones in power.

You should also check what "Ecole Nationale d´Administration" really is about and tell me there isn´s same kind of thing going on in USA?

Living in a bubble....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Veteran of the army...yeah sir you are a drone. You went where ever you were ordered to go even without questioning the orders. Wihtout governments and their orders your brothers in arms would still be alive. A fact.

You are just brainless paws in the games of psychopatic people trying to gain for themselves. 4 percent of the politicians are for the people, rest of them are for themselves...

Learn histiry and Voltaire and everything about history. No war is fought because of the people. They are fought because of egosentristic people who can´t confess they we´re wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Dr. Tarpley sees right through this. Remember, nothing happens by accident.

Dr. Webster Tarpley

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion

Veteran of the army...yeah sir you are a drone. You went where ever you were ordered to go even without questioning the orders. Wihtout governments and their orders your brothers in arms would still be alive. A fact.

You are just brainless paws in the games of psychopatic people trying to gain for themselves. 4 percent of the politicians are for the people, rest of them are for themselves...

Learn histiry and Voltaire and everything about history. No war is fought because of the people. They are fought because of egosentristic people who can´t confess they we´re wrong.

You seem to be trolling now, you demean a man from the service, while you can not even spell?

Go get a life, no one cares what you think.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And how in the hell someone in the military is going to get in harms way over these leaks?

You have not read any oof these leaks you are just saying what the media and pentagon drumms away. So Hillary orders USA to spy on other UN members? Who gets in harms way in USA military?

Catholic church/ Vatican wants immunity to their pedofile priests in Ireland ? I guess you are a pro pedophile?? Whu?

In the future the eral reason for global economy collapse ( Wall street banks and bail out stuff ) ...So you like to be pissed on by the banks ??

I really don´t undestand people who WANT TO be pissed on by corporation and governments ? What the hell is wrong with you?? What??

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

The internet is a powerfull media for those who can't control the media!!!
Just look at 911 for example....the puzzle pieces coming all together, in random order...almost every single day!
Who is responsable for that......WE ARE, the dubyadubyadubya users!
So we are the beast THEY fighting with, and THEY wanna stop that beast! How!...by killing the only media who is danger for THEM.....the almighty WWW.( It could be a false flag again?)

So if Assange has leaked 'some' info, why is it so important fot THEM. Maybe for some lives who are at stake...yeah?! wright!?....a few lives, just expandable assets!
THEY, yeah THEY fu-ck-ed up so much true the ages, you just can't imagine that!

There are way to many sheeps who need to know the thruth!
And for those who surfing the occult websites?
My guess is! That they have opened their eyes, how about the rest.

So don't blame Assange.....cause he is just telling the TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Siddharta

Well what I know...

To avoid any misunderstanding: I was referring to Xcathdra's statement, that Assange had actively helped Manning to get the data. If so, than the US wouldn't have to bite their fingernails so long to find anything against him. It was an idea, Adrian Lamo brought into the discussion, just a fantasy, which is repeated by Xcathdra as important information.

Regarding the rape case, I think you got the things right. It was a joke from the beginning, when one prosecutor decided, it was rape of Sophia W. and sexual molestation of Anna A., the next prosecutor said, there was nothing, and the third came up with rape again after weeks of "investigation".
Finally a judge had to confirm this and changed it into some "minor" assaults.

Who knows, what else will come....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Did I not read in one of the released cables that Hilary Clinton sanctioned espionage on the UN ?

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander as they say.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

"A man from the service"

So they are sacred to you?

I call them clones. They do, they don´t ask. If Obama tells to bomb Australia, they just bomb and don´t ask. That´s why I prefer thinkin people than drones and soldiers don´t come up as the most thinking people to me.

And no, I´m not trolling, I´m saying how it really is. Reality bites.

I really hate people who think criminals should be charceg, unless the criminal is the goverment and Im s sheep.

Hybris and megalomania....that´s what´s wrong with people in power who now got caught by wikileaks.

It´s like Muammar Gaddafis son Hannibal, who got beating servants was arrested. He couldnt apprehend the fact that there is something wrong. He and his father are so blinded by power that they think they can´t do anything wrong. Same goes here. people think that government can´t do anything wrong because it´s so big.

Same goes to Assyrians who killed everyone on their way because they we´re god´s chosen. And that´s why every bad thing that their war gave to the people alla over was because of the oppsing force, not be the attacking Assyrians. Assyriasn fell by this thinking.

History teaches. Same will happen if there is no change.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I´d like to know how do you justify the criminal acts of United States? How do you justify the criminal acts of Vatican?

Believe me, I understand your frustration with criminal acts committed by politicians, police forces, governments, religious organizations etc. And where an individual uncovers such abuse of power, steps should be taken - within the law - to put a stop to it. I would even support carefully skirting around the law (as I have said in others posts) where an offence was so egregious (or so high level) that there was a high likelihood that it would be buried by law enforcement.

But, within the context of this discussion, can you identify any governmental criminal activity unveiled by the current release of 250,000 diplomatic communications? If so, I would like to know about them. I might also support the idea that these alleged crimes should have - through some legal mechanism - been shown the light of day.

But to willy-nilly release 250,000 criminally obtained, and legally Classified, documents to the general public - which very definitely includes sworn enemies of the United States and other Western Nations is, well, criminal.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not a single US soldier or diplomat has lost his/her life over the release of these documents since April 2010.

That is a fact.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What governmental criminal activity?

How about telling bald-faced lies to it's own people in relation to foreign policies?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Fruit of the poisonous tree is your answer by the way.

Fruit of the poisonous tree is a legal metaphor in the United States used to describe evidence that is obtained illegally.[1] The logic of the terminology is that if the source of the evidence (the "tree") is tainted, then anything gained from it (the "fruit") is as well.

Such evidence is not generally admissible in court.[2] For example, if a police officer conducted an unconstitutional (Fourth Amendment) search of a home and obtained a key to a train station locker, and evidence of a crime came from the locker, that evidence would most likely be excluded under the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine. The discovery of a witness is not evidence in itself because the witness is attenuated by separate interviews, in-court testimony and his or her own statements.

The doctrine is an extension of the exclusionary rule, which, subject to some exceptions, prevents evidence obtained in violation of the Fourth Amendment from being admitted in a criminal trial. Like the exclusionary rule, the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine is intended to deter police from using illegal means to obtain evidence.

The doctrine is subject to four main exceptions. The tainted evidence is admissible if:

1.it was discovered in part as a result of an independent, untainted source;
2.it would inevitably have been discovered despite the tainted source; or
3.the chain of causation between the illegal action and the tainted evidence is too attenuated; or
4.the search warrant not based on probable cause was executed by government agents in good faith.
The fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine stems from the 1920 case of Silverthorne Lumber Co. v. United States.[3]

Which has been part of my argument about the manner the documents were released. Wikileaks shot themselves in the foot by trying to expose this in the manner they did, because they guaranteed a challenege to the admissability of the information because of:

The Manner the info was obtained - Stoeln by Pvt. Manning
The manner it was dissesminated (Maning to Wikie, either one way, or assistance from wiki - still open for debate)

The manner it was released - mass dumping of the documents with no way to verify what copies are legit, which ones are fake (which we are already seeing with the "cable about Obama being taken to the bunker during the Spiral light issue in sweden".

All of it can be questioned, from top to bottom, and will raise enough doubt in the American Legal system that I cant forsse it being admitted at all.

So...that long posts simply says to me...that the American Legal system is bunk!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by radionactive

Exactly.

Sheeps who believe everything that government says to them are still in denial.

What? Govenrment lies to us? The ones runnins our countries are not for our good but just to gain own personal benefit?

Nooo it cannot be so?

It starts from the universities and with the right name you can get the place to some certain "title" even you are not the most qualified.

Examles are all over the world.

Recent example from Britain. University studies annual fee triples >>>>> stupid rich people to the power, not the brightest....just like Bush.

History repeats it self all over again and again.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by radionactive

What governmental criminal activity?

How about telling bald-faced lies to it's own people in relation to foreign policies?

Not to be a pain, but which bald-face lie(s) are you referring to in amongst these 250,000 documents? And where you can demonstrate that the Government released information to the American public that is contrary to that shown to be communicated to foreign officials (in the leaked documents), how was that difference criminal?

Maybe if we had a couple of examples to talk about, we could have a more interesting exchange of ideas.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Bottom line is he is in possession of stolen classified material. He could have returned it, he instead chose to make it public. Im all for free speech but this goes beyond that. It constitutes espionage, treason (if he were a citizen) and spying. It is also a threat to national security.

Assange and his entire organization should be treated no differently than any other terrorist group when captured. I hope they bring him back real soon so you all can see this bogus "INSURANCE FILE" he's supposedly holding on to thats going to change the world. Does anyone really think theres information that will shock anyone? We all know politics are corrupt. They shake your hand then stab you in the back with the other.

Call me a drone, a sheep, naive, ignorant or what ever other troll comments you wish I welcome them. Maybe all the Assange sympathizers can get together and put up their homes in an effort to free him. Anyone supporting this man should leave this country if they think it's so horrible here. A plane ticket will end your suffering!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm not a big supporter of Julian Assange. Mainly because what I see in this whole thing is the dialectic at work. However, I have a tendency to agree with the ideology he has asserted.

well first of all I will use a simple example, do you know that receiving anything willingly that is stolen is a crime?

Uhmmm. You mean like the governments of the world do all the time? You mean like they have received stolen goods from the people in the form of illegitimate taxes on your personal income? You mean like redestributing your money because you make too much? You mean like stealing the lives of thousands of innocent people in their senseless wars? Ad infinitum? Oh, but it's OK because it's big brother doing it.

now it is debatable whether this idiot is really a bona fide member of the press also, I mean anybody that owns a website can declare themselves a member of the press?????

Did you mean to say that he's not a member of the bought and paid for corporate elite propaganda machine? Then you might just be right there.

this is the property of the U.S. government in the first place an our government for whatever reasons chose to classify it for our own security, and honestly it is not everyones business why especially if it were a matter of national security and really that is for no one outside the government to decided

The US government owns nothing. It is we the people who own those documents, and them. They are servants. Not officials. Not authorities. And it is very much our business. National security my butt. That's an excuse. Not a reason. We are the government! "We The People".

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join