It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea: We will use Nukes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

N.Korea: We will use Nukes.

www.breitbart.com

Pyongyang will rely on nuclear might to defend itself against the United States and South Korea, North Korea's Foreign Minister Pak Ui Chun told Russia's Interfax news agency Friday.
"We are once again assured of the rectitude of our choice of the songun (army first) policy, and in strengthening a defence that relies on nuclear forces for deterrence," he said.

Moments after his comments, the Russian foreign ministry issued a statement stating that "all sides must avoid taking any actions that can escalate the situation."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Imagine if Yemen, Iran or any other oil rich nation was to openly state they have nukes, test them and directly threaten their neighbours and allies??

They wouldn't get the chance to dot their "i"s and cross their "t"s before warplanes dawned overhead.

I don't think US/SK/JAP will need to use Nuclear Weapons to break the back bone the NK's military infrastructure... It seems to be collapsing on it's own, but nothing a new MIRV's could help expediate the process.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Lol nice... I think N. Korea is on its last leg. Even if war did break out I just cannot see the N. Korean military standing their ground. I see mass surrenders / defections just to escape the regime.

I also saw some report talking about the North talking about making Nuclear torpedos.. Hell of a way to fish but whatever works.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well Kim Jong won't attack California, he likes Hollywood movies too much.

Furthermore, I posted about how South claimed they would bomb North if North attacked attacked them one more time. -

My suggestion is to let the two brothers duke it out. They obviously aren't going to nuke eachothe, it'd kill them both. So make them fight it out, and quarantine the area outside.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

LOL more Terror and need for making new weapons and defense against said nukes. I can see though the BS now. Why threaten when we have gone back home this is a joke we held our war games then leave and they spout off the second we get back lol
edit on 10-12-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: North Korea knows we would knock them out of the sky so fast it would be a joke. they had to buy plans from us on how to make rockets work.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I highly doubt that NK has the military ability to bomb the US directly with a nuclear missile, but I could see trouble in South Korea, especially Seoul, which is well within NK's strike distance.

With that being said, how stupid would NK be to do this? Let's be honest here--and I think they know this as well--if they even attempt to nuke anyone, they would be DEMOLISHED almost immediatley by US and South Korea's military prowess. Remember, the north does not have high tech, updated military weaponry, and if that's the case, it would leave them extremely open to air based strikes from other countries, and I'm sure within a few months, a regime change would happen.

Here's the thing: power is more important to these people than anything else. If they launch a nuclear strike on another country, that power will be challenged more directly than ever before. Will they take the risk of losing said power? I don't think so. This would be far too big of a chance for them to take.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Normally I would agree, however the North would be on a suicide mission. I could see their wingnut leader using nukes, in addition to using his own people, to do as much damage as he can.

His mindset, at leat to me, comes across as all or nothing. If I or my family cant have this part of Korea, then no one will.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I want to know which douchebag gave North Korea the scraps to build a nuke in the first place. They are the ones who should be dealt with immediately.

Arrest the guy who sold the kid the gun and PCP, riight?
edit on 10-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: Had to add PCP for effect.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I want to know which douchebag gave North Korea the scraps to build a nuke in the first place. They are the ones who should be dealt with immediately.

Arrest the guy who sold the kid the gun and PCP, riight?
edit on 10-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: Had to add PCP for effect.

Russia, China, post-USSR breakaway nations... I believe.
SAME ONES helping Iran

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Is there proof that Russia did?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
they are scared, they have embargoes stopping them from feeding their people and any spare money is spent on defence as they have so many agressors on their case. its sad really but i am sure if we had left them alone then we wouldnt have these threats to national security.
what business is south east asia to us, why should we have a say on their politics unless they are actually nuking each other or us.
if you back a wounded animal into the corner then you will get a fight.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The 800lb gorilla in this situation is China. It has been their protection of what is basically their "crazy little brother" that has largely let this situation continue. NK knows it can get away with things as China continues to accept its actions and warn other countries not to act against it.

However, will there ever come a point when NK's actions become too much for China to tolerate?

My personal guess is that China is just keeping other countries away from NK until it collapses under its own insanity. Then China will move in and attempt to take over NK after the collapse.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Look up the Korean war....that history lesson will inform you that Russia helped the NK, and have since then.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

not much different to the "douchbags" who let israel have nukes

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There latest disclosure of their new nuke site has raised some eyebrows. The speculation is N. Korea had some pretty sophisticated help building it in terms of design, layout production etc. Its a lot more advanced than where N. Korea is on nuclear technology.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
NK wouldn't stand a chance. Much like Israel destroyed Syria nuke sites when Syria tried to " flex " their muscle towards Israel. Within 24 hours, Israel war planes destroyed what was to be nuke silo's and material sites. Same scenario will occur here.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: didnt destroy syria, just there nuke sites

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Good find...they situation is going to come to a head anytine soon...Probably by spring offensive time.
The NKs will not doubt in my mind use nukes if attacked they are just that face saving crazy....
The troops may want to revolt but they all have family, as well as officers that would shoot the laggards at a seconds notice.
Alaska may be targeted already with pyonyangs finest scud and warhead.
We may loose hyder or nome, but i dont think they can hit seattle...
japan could also be in the gusights of the NKs they would efinatley shoot them if they thought they could score even one hit.
Woe betide the japanese prime minister who ever let a nuke fall on japanese soil again....
The japan defense air force, the US aiirforce, the ROK(south)airforce have between them, enough aircraft for a devastating first strike....(after the war breaks out i mean...)
NK would be better off to shoot first if they want to shoot at all.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Is there proof that Russia did?

Yes.

Russia secretly offered North Korea nuclear technology

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

i would be more worried about China's patience when it comes to a slightly larger more powerful country than North Korea

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ok, can we please all be real clear about this. It is not the North Korean people, neither is it the US or South Korean People who will or won't be instigating any of whatever happens. Just as the government of the USA is not acting in the best interests of the people much of the time, and against the majorities will, the same with these countries.

Our thinking and decision making would be much more effective - do you not agree? - if we used the correct terminology i.e. NK leadership, and responses by the USA leadership etc.( It is most certainly not the average people doing all this stuff). I have no issue with almost all North Koreans, and I'm sure that they are mostly decent folk who would have no issue with me.

Lets keep this all in perspective and apportion the blame where it really lies, not with the 99.9% of ordinary folk around the world, but the "elected" or self appointed leaders, bringing the world to destruction and war for the people they allegedly represent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join