It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH-64D Apache(s?) over Houston, TX today, East and West

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am aware of the occassional flyby of the Apache over Houston, they can can be spotted doing touch and go's at Ellington field. Its on the SE side of town.

Driving back from Alexandria, LA today, I saw one on the I10 bridge east of town. The one thats under construction with a new one right next to it.

It was traveling E-NE and was N of my position on the bridge.

When I got home (probably 30-40 miles), I stepped out back for a smoke and guess what I see. Yep, Apache, north of me (would have to guess a mile or less), flyin W-SW in a gentle left bank, around 250 ft.

Was that chin gun tracking me....!?....maybe just the wind(!?).

Anyone else see these birds of prey today? Their flight pattern seemed odd to me today. The airshow was in Oct, and none in town now that I know of. I am used to seeing them every now and then, but was just odd that I see one east of town, and then one right near my house, just when I got home.

Using me for training purposes? IR track, cell track?

holla back

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Your on the terrorist " watch list"! You didn't know?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Your on the terrorist " watch list"! You didn't know?

Okay seriously OP, perhaps they are just doing a fly-a-round?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Coulda been mere transport from one base to another.

Or maybe some type of flight test exercise.

I will only freak out after they start firing hellfire rockets into someones backyard.

Let me know when that happens, and I'll gladly freak out all day with you lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Its possible they are gearing up for deployment also. The Air National Guard base close to where I lives on occasion will use the C-130 and other large haul craft during their training. Flying lower than normal around the city and what not.

Worst case contact the nearest military base and ask if htey had maneuvers going on. They will either conifrm in through their PIO, or say no. Check with the airport who had radar control for that airspce / level see what they have to say.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You know, just by saying that, they put you on the list!

2nd

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In all seriousness though, I wouldn't be to worried about it. Could be simply flying it to get the telemetry back, maybe it was worked on. Or testing new flight control equipment. I don't know anymore, but for years in Arizona, the Apache was manufactured there, so we would see them all over the place.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I have lived in Baytown for 10 years and I see them fly over my house almost daily. This usually occurs in the evening however.They go out and hang over the swamp for a bit and turn west to Pasadena and back to Ellington. So don't worry(yet). lol!

top topics

join