It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation LeakSpin (Anon)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Looks like Anon are starting a seperate mode of atack here...

'The game has changed. When the game changes, so too must our strategies.

Begin searching through Wikileaks. Find only the best, least exposed leaks you can get your hands on. Post summaries of these, along with the complete source.'

Yes they are playing the same game as the media....spin.....

kx

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Just because some jackoff goes into photoshop, makes an image telling people to do something, puts a headless/faceless black suit figure and throws in a meme or two, doesn't mean anyone cares about it and it doesn't mean anyone is going to do it.

# like this is posted all the time. I can go into any number of IRCs, imageboards, and the like and every day someone will call a crusade against something using some image, telling people to us this method, with a meme involve.

Why people choose to assume everything and anything posted on 4chan is the word of all of Anon is absolutely unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

The BBC is reporting this is news, too.

Basically, the security is more than the botnets can overcome with the companies they really want (like Amazon), plus they will only piss of The People if they screw up holiday shopping.

So the tactics are changing. It isn't just some schmucko on 4chan.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm loving this revolution via the internet.
Looks like the ball is rolling.
I'll be doing anything I can to keep it rolling.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Because every news outlet to ever report on Anon has been accurate in their portrayal of who or what Anon is.

I guess I'll need to say this again; things like this are made all the time. I remember previous efforts in the earlier months by some of Anon to do the same thing in fact. It never got anywhere.

Hell, I remember a earlier fox report a few years ago that took something so seriously minor and bumped it up to something so ridiculous it was hilarious.

If anything, by the mere fact of this being reported as news, it might actually build up support for it.

But again I'll have to repeat this it seems for people who don't like to listen; it's not a super secret group. It's a bunch of people on the internet posting ideas that sometimes gain a stampede of support. That's it. Nothing more. Stop being stupid. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Stop being stupid. Seriously.

Take another look man...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5258c26e68a1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You call me stupid, i could call you presumptuous. Name calling will achieve nothing other than making us both look like total asses. So squash that.

Anon is, as you describe, not a "group" but more of an ideological meme. A concept. It is hard for people to understand such loose groupings without understanding the internet meme culture. I get this.

Geez, why do you have to make it extreme one way or the other? You say that the tactic change announcement is bull. I say that there is evidence supporting it. You reply by telling me i am stupid? Is that what passes for dialogue in your world?

I don't care how "inside" you may want to think you are. Or how clueless you may think I am. Your manufactured snobbery is off putting. Please, if we are to continue discourse, inject some civility into your tongue before hitting reply.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
www.saichotictech.net...

*hums along*

I might take the time to participate in this one, though. It's good.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WE'RE BACK

It went offline?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Yeah, the "official" one was offline for a while. That was ages ago though -- the page just never gets updated, because what is there to update?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Why people choose to assume everything and anything posted on 4chan
is the word of all of Anon is absolutely unbelievable.

I think very few people understand what Anonymous is. They apparently think it's an organization of some kind.

edit on 10-12-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

You call me stupid, i could call you presumptuous.
Yes, I'm the presumptive one who is suggesting an image macro and a news report is evidence that one of the literally hundred crusades called on the internet every single day is legitimate and will build up steam.

Anon is, as you describe, not a "group" but more of an ideological meme. A concept. It is hard for people to understand such loose groupings without understanding the internet meme culture. I get this.

You apparently don't get this because....and I'll get back to this in the next text quotes....

Geez, why do you have to make it extreme one way or the other?
Firstly, unrelated to the above, why do you need to misconstrue and misread what I said?

You say that the tactic change announcement is bull.
See, I never said that. And considering it's a page back, I don't think I need to prove I never said this. Because I didn't, but feel free to quote me where I said "This announcement is bull". Now, going back to the whole "understanding what Anon is", you don't seem to understand this because you consider this an announcement. Again, because some jackoff can make an image macro doesn't mean a damn thing. And just because a news agency reported this, which has in the past, and like every news agency, hilariously misreported something Anon doe, doesn't mean a god damn thing. You can't seem to get this for some reason.

I say that there is evidence supporting it. You reply by telling me i am stupid? Is that what passes for dialogue in your world?

No no, you said there was evidence. I explained how what you see as evidence has happened in the past and didn't mean and do a damn thing. You continued to suggest this is evidence. That's when I said you were stupid.

If I'm in the wrong here, why do you need to misconstrue and misrepresent what I said and what I mean?

I don't care how "inside" you may want to think you are.
Clearly, I'm telling you how Anon works considering I've been heavily involved with this sort of stuff since before the site 4chan was ever even imagined in moots mind. Before this concept or "group" some people like to think this as was even called Anonymous. Frankly, if you want to know if Anon is actually going to do this you could seriously simply ask considering I know for a fact this has been brought up several times in the past and up till now, garnering very little support.

Your manufactured snobbery is off putting. Please, if we are to continue discourse, inject some civility into your tongue before hitting reply.

I will when you decide to inject some reasoning and mindfulness first. Until then I don't see the worth of injecting civility when you lack the civility to listen to someone who knows more about what and how Anonymous operates than any single person on this site thinks they know, does know, or desires to know.

You're basically telling a Math professor how to add 2+2 together and continue to insist it's 22. I think a Math professor would call you stupid as well if this happened.

I can actually prove right now this won't go anywhere and no one in Anonymous cares about this.

I haven't seen this image or name at all on 4chan all day.

I haven't seen this image or name at all on several IRC channels I regular on, including the channels where the original war on Scientology, which by the way I was involved with starting in that channel. Channels dedicated to planning this stuff in a way that will actually succeed.

I haven't seen this on any single *chan site. Not 7chan. Not 420chan. Not 99chan. Not 12chan. Not one single chan, of which all usually get involve, and several of which has the board /i/ known as INVASION which exists solely to plan these sort of things.

This hasn't appeared on several wiki and data dumping sites, whose purpose is to organize, explain, and record things like this that occur.

This hasn't appeared on the largest of all these sites, Encyclopedia Dramatic, who was pivotal in organizing the war on scientology for the masses to be involve in with all their stupidity.

I have not seen one noteworthy discussion or even mentioning of this other than news sites. Some reporter was likely browsing /b/ when they saw a post with 10 replies in it with this image and thought this was the real deal.

If this was an "announcement" by Anonymous, there would be lots of activity I would be aware of. If this was happening and it garnered popular support, things related to this BY Anonymous would front page of google searches on the term. All you get are a few groups that happened to use this name completely unrelated to this, and a few news reports. Absolutely NOTHING else.

But please, don't listen to me. I don't know a god damn thing apparently.
edit on 10-12-2010 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I haven't seen this on any single *chan site. Not 7chan. Not 420chan. Not 99chan. Not 12chan. Not one single chan, of which all usually get involve, and several of which has the board /i/ known as INVASION which exists solely to plan these sort of things.

www.711chan.org...

It's the very top post, fool.

rockstararmy.com...

It's fourth from the top.

If you're such an expert, you should know that 711Chan and RockstarChan have the most active /i/ boards, and that you should always check those first. And, lo and behold, Operation Leakspin is on both of them with approving comments on both boards.

This hasn't appeared on several wiki and data dumping sites, whose purpose is to organize, explain, and record things like this that occur.

Wikipedia itself: Operation Leakspin

Reddit: Leakspin

Buzzfeed: Operation: Leakspin

More to come

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Looks like Anon are starting a seperate mode of atack here...

'The game has changed. When the game changes, so too must our strategies.

Begin searching through Wikileaks. Find only the best, least exposed leaks you can get your hands on. Post summaries of these, along with the complete source.'

Yes they are playing the same game as the media....spin.....

kx

Ok send to all of my friend on facebook 2500 +
and by the time i finsh was get feedback their were doing the same

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

top topics

join