It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Slams West for Wikileaks' Assange Arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If this was a Russsian releasing diplomatic files, he would have been killed, not arrested. get real. this is hypocrisy.

They are just jumping on the bandwagon, because it is popular to support wikileaks.
edit on 10-12-2010 by
edit on 10-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Pot meet Kettle.

I wonder how many people Putin has silenced. I got a chuckle out of that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by blaenau2000

"Still top Dog"

Since when has Russia been top dog?? Or do you mean that he has his hand up Medvedev's but controlling him like a puppet?

Top dog as in Alpha dog, This was how the Americans viewed Putin in the leaks. Never mind it was meant as a jest.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I would tend to mostly agree with that. Based upon what I remember about the leaks they said (as far as Putin) - that he was basically "The Man" when it came to Russia. However, his power is sometimes tempered by a clumsy bureaucracy or the various interests that hold huge some of $. Of course, that's is the "Frogs translation"
But it seems to line up with what you see with regards to Russia.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The older I grow (and my grandfather was an American) the more Russia makes sense. They fought the Kraut to an end. Were they talking sense all along? Did they fight hard for the real freedom that we all dream of?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

Oh Please.. Its Putin of all people. Having Putin make any type of statement in regards to wikileaks would be no different than having the SS investigating Aushwitz.

Its pointless, unfounded, biased and ignores there own issues. Throwing rocks in a glass house.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'm sorry but, I can not take this seriously. How can a man that was a member of the KGB, and had former spies murdered with radiation, even open his mouth about this? To me that is like the playground bully telling somebody else to behave.

edit on 10-12-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Ask the millions that Stallin murdered, in his own country, if they were fighting for real freedom. Ask the millions sent to Gulags as political prisoners if the freedom was real.

America has never been innocent. However, to claim Russia was ever fighting for real freedom shows a lack of historical knowledge.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Ask the millions that Stallin murdered, in his own country, if they were fighting for real freedom. Ask the millions sent to Gulags as political prisoners if the freedom was real.

America has never been innocent. However, to claim Russia was ever fighting for real freedom shows a lack of historical knowledge.

Ask the Yanks about the (native American) Indian extermination, ask the Brits (where do I start) about the Irish Catholic (native) extermination and the rest.

Let us listen to today................................................

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Ask the Yanks about the (native American) Indian extermination, ask the Brits (where do I start) about the Irish Catholic (native) extermination and the rest.

Let us listen to today................................................

Actually before we "ask the Yanks" about Indian extermination, we should check in with our European brethren who actually got the ball rolling long before we were a country.

We are all in the same boat on that one.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Putin is off here.. He talks about the arrest in the manner Assange was arrested for the leaks, and not for the supposed sexual misconduct.

Oh - come on - seriously? The sexual 'misconduct' charges are why Interpol was chasing him?

The history of the charges themselves show them to be utterly bogus - they were dropped, and the women admitted they simply wanted him to take an STD test. then suddenly the charges re-appear with some embellishment?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

One of the released cables from the U.S. embassy in Paris quoted Secretary of Defense Robert Gates saying "Russian democracy has disappeared and the government is an oligarchy run by the security services."

Again, the pot calling the kettle black!

I have said it before (and in my 'sig'):

When you finance and train entities like the CIA in the art of de-stabilising and overthrowing foreign Governments what in gods name makes people think they wont overthrow their own?
"The Agencies" upsurped their Governments and are bringing in the NWO for the elites?

Bush Sr, Rice, H. Clinton, Obama, et all
Putin may have supplied the ideal model in taking over their own Govt, but look at all those in the US Govt who have moved into positions of power from the Alphabet Agencies.

Juntas, Juntas, Everywhere

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
can anyone tell me how the russians would of treated him
if the shoes were on the other feat as one would say?

Russia doesn't run around preaching to the world that they should have freedom of speech and peace and justice for all.
The US constantly brags about its ability to have a free and open society yet the Russians critisize it for it's own hypocracy and you cry foul.
Last time I looked Russia wasn't in multiple countries bringing democracy.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The whole world seems to have people wanting to control the masses opinions

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So what about the so called democratic liberty of speech ? I am confused about this ,how can they arrest a man that just do something that the law allow him to do ?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Interpol does not chase people. They take the warrant a nation issues and places it into the network so toher member nations are advised their is an active and valid arrest warrant with world wide extradition.

And actually if you guys would go back and read up on the charges, you will see new information came to light, and a prosecutir that specializes in sex crimes reactivated the case, over ruling the previsou prosecutor. At no point have I seen any info about the women wanting him to take an STD test, so please provide your source for that.

The 2 ladies worked for wikileaks, and one of the females did go to the Hospital after one of the incidents occured. All of that info is coming from the ladies lawyers, and is supported by the new Prosectuor.

The US has not issued any arrest warrants as of yet, so I am not sure how we are implying the arrest is based off US actions and not Swedish.

And to bring it back around to being on topic, Putin has no room to bitch about anyting regarding wikileaks. He is jsut as guilty as the country he blames.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

If by bringing democracy you mean Russian reoccupying former soviet satelite states then sure, that would work.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was gunna do a thread about this! cool someone else noticed this
my local paper, world and nation section, talked about Putin and assange..saying putin made a remark 'obviously the west has its own problems with democracy' that made me think, what he knows, was thinking ya know?
down with globalization!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
After the lies the US got busted telling in regards to the U$rael lead prpoxy attack in Georgia,
(the defence minister was Israeli and the funding and advisors were US and Israeli)
I'm sure Putin is enjoying the leaks very much.
I bet he is also enjoying all the international criticisms regarding the American Media
being even more full of it then the Soviet State propaganda organ ever was.....
Guess where those that control the American media and politics learned their stuff?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
After the lies the US got busted telling in regards to the U$rael lead prpoxy attack in Georgia,
(the defence minister was Israeli and the funding and advisors were US and Israeli)
I'm sure Putin is enjoying the leaks very much.
I bet he is also enjoying all the international criticisms regarding the American Media
being even more full of it then the Soviet State propaganda organ ever was.....
Guess where those that control the American media and politics learned their stuff?

This is the firt im hearing about Georgia and Israli / US involvement with the spat with Russia. You have a link to that info?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join