It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileak : Ukraine transferred UAV technology to Saudi Arabia, possibly ballistic missile technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure if this is the right place in the forum to post this... but hell.

Well ain't that sweet!

Wikileak cable from Nov. 2009

22. (S) Boris Atamanenko, National Space Agency of Ukraine, stated that Ukraine had transferred MTCR Category I items to the U.S., Russia, Germany, and Saudi Arabia [...]

MTCR Category 1 item are...

What is the difference between MTCR Category I and Category II Items?

Category I items include complete rocket and unmanned aerial vehicle systems (including ballistic missiles, space launch vehicles, sounding rockets, cruise missiles, target drones, and reconnaissance drones), capable of delivering a payload of at least 500 kg to a range of at least 300 km, their major complete subsystems (such as rocket stages, engines, guidance sets, and re-entry vehicles), and related software and technology, as well as specially designed production facilities for these items.

So it's missile and UAV technology transfers

Ukraine then said this to the US :

Ukraine will not transfer any technology that would create any missile systems.

So if it's not missile systems, the only other thing in category 1 is UAV technology.

BUT Ukraine didn't really cared when they transferred technology to India...

A principal purpose of the MTCR is to prevent the transfer of MTCR Category I items to non-MTCR countries. Van Diepen further noted that he understood that Ukraine had previously notified MTCR Partners of an MTCR Category I transfer to India, to which the U.S. objected but Ukraine transferred the items anyway. He stated that the India case was the first time that an MTCR Partner had gone ahead with a transfer when objections were made by another Partner.

Also :

Pursuant to the MTCR Guidelines, exports of Category I items are subject to an unconditional strong presumption of denial regardless of the purpose of the export and are licensed for export only on rare occasions. Additionally, exports of production facilities for Category I items are prohibited absolutely.

UNCONDITIONAL STRONG PRESUMPTION OF DENIAL.

Meaning THEY WILL DENY IT, even if they did transfer missile tech to Saudi Arabia...

So to recap... Ukraine is giving UAV technology to Saudi Arabia and maybe even MISSILE technology...

Thank you Wikileak!

edit on 10-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What is the problem with that? As far as I know Saudi Arabia is not an enemy of the United States. And who's America to stick its nose up in everybody's business.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Yeah they are not enemy uh? Like Pakistan isn't? Or the Talibans weren't?

What happens if the Saudi Regime gets overthrown? What happens when they run out of oil? What happens if they say SCREW AMERICA, we now switch to the Yuan and sell oil only to China?

I see Saudi Arabia becoming Pakistan 2 in the near future.... they have missiles, they have nukes (because you know they are developing them), they could be overthrown at any moment and can raise hell....

Basically a future danger.

Also remember that Saudi Arabia are those who fund the most terrorists in the middle-east...

Also, the extremist ideology of WAHABISM, the ``Bin Laden`` ideology, CAME FROM THERE... Also Saudi Arabia tortures, treat their women like crap, ect... Our allies? Give me a break.

Or to those that believe the 911 lie... most hijackers came from there...

For all the reasons mentioned above, Bush should invaded that #hole of a country, not Iraq. But since the Saudis have huge investments in the US and are buddies buddies with the Bush family, forget about it...

new topics

join