It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tron: Legacy...Dec 17th - How many can't wait to see this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't know about you, but I loved the original, and have been really looking forward to seeing this sequel. Looks like they really did it right.

The original also had some real important themes about control and the emerging cyberworld...really ahead of its time, so I'm curious to see how those concepts work in this one...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'll just raise my hand and say "Nuff Said"

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
For sure as it looks so polished and stunning!!

Reviews say the story is 2/5 but 5/5 on the eyes! So overall a 3,1/2 outa 5

Still it's gotta be a must see.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm going to see it just because of this trailer.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The movie is highly allegorical.

From the little that ive gleaned, it seems to be an allegory paralleling the war waged by the sons of man vs. G-d in the tower of babel narrative in the Torah.

Im looking forward to seeing it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I really want to see it. Though I admit it is a little depressing when they remake a movie that you saw the first time....
now I know how my grandparents felt.

But it looks cools, and they kept a lot of the original idea without chaning it altogether.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I just watched the original on Youtube yesterday, so I am eager to see this new movie. I love Jeff Bridges!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I just watched the original on Youtube yesterday, so I am eager to see this new movie. I love Jeff Bridges!

I went to see the original at the cinema...many, many moons ago, the cinema I saw it in is now a Marks and Spencer...
.... and I don't think it has dated all that much, not sure why the remake, lack of original material I suppose. I may indulge myself though and give it a go. Little fun in being a purist....I should imagine anything it lack in substance will be compensated with lots of shiny special effects and general prettiness.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am so looking forward to it. The trailers look incredible.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's not a remake, it's a sequel. This one is about his son entering the same Tron world, and finding his father.

In the first one, his dad had first gone into the world, and then needed help (from a program named Tron) to get out. I think they did an amazing job (from the previews) of keeping the same feel, but updating the look...and the music choice of Daft Punk is spot on.

I'm actually looking to purchase a DVD of the first one, so we can see it before going to see this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I might have to watch the original one again, first. Been so long I don't remember the plot.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If you cannot find a dvd it is on youtube, thats where I just watched it. You could hook your computer to your tv so everyone could watch it maybe.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yep, I've done that before when we've missed a show or something. Nice thing about the LCD tv's.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I saw this Friday night, luckily due to the snow no-one in town went out apart from us, people in this country are such wimps. Still it meant we had a nearly empty movie theatre and plenty of parking. As for the film - awesome! As long as you remember to take it for what it is you won't be disappointed, personally I loved it and can't wait to see it again.
The storyline is basic, but it's Tron and at the end of the day the main thing is the setting and effects in my opinion, if you want to see an oscar winner about character development then you'll need to watch another movie. If you want to see awesome 3D effects, amazing action and fight sequences and loads of women (and men if you prefer) in skin tight figure hugging light up costumes then it's spot on.
You need to watch the first movie though, otherwise the eccentric storyline and lingo may seem confusing.

Oh yeah, if you're into riding bikes you really need to get these:

www.udreplicas.com...
edit on 20-12-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join