It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Wrote to the White House Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is not any news, just one man's rant to a government that has betrayed us to serve the oligarchs. I posted this to the comments section of White House.gov. I am sure I'll be put on a watch list, if I am not already. When you place a comment, you must select a policy area which reflects the comment. I chose "taxes," but it might have been placed in any policy category:

---------------------------------------------

"Actually, the comment is broader than a single policy remark as it is more about disaffection and disappointment. I voted in 2008 for change. I held my nose and voted strait D last month. I don't need to be lectured about change being hard. The President has not tried to effect change. The instant he even thinks he'll be opposed by the right on ANYTHING, he gives up, he rolls over. It has become his MO, and the Right knows this, thus their total lack of respect for Obama. Consequently, he is single handedly responsible for his failure, for his sycophantic suck ups to the Right and to the oligarchs.

America is a FAR worse place under Obama than even Bush (who is am embarrased to have voted for once and so you do not mistake me for a progressive). Our media teaches us to hate other and YOU (government) is teaching us to hate you. No what was suposed to be MY government is chasing down whistle blowers, protecting war criminals and bankers and using the same Bush fear LIES and MANIPULATION about "keeping America safe." You idiots, you are making America less safe with every day as you BREED new terrorists and demonstrate with stunning clarity our government's disdain for truth and for its people (TSA abuse, yeah go ahead and laugh I'm sure), the Patriot Act and covering up killings of civilians over seas.

It is incredible to actually come to the stark realization that my home country whose Army I enlisted in and served with distinction has ironically become the enemy of freedom everywhere. Those proud people in robes and rags defending their own homes are not terrorists and had you left them alone they'd have minded their business like they have throughout their history. I hope you are happy with your oligarch buddies living large on the blood of the soldiers you order into battle for profits. (The proof lies in the knowledge that this very comment will cause my name to be entered into a database somewhere as a potential threat; the minions making that decision and entering my name not even aware of their role in advancing our police state.)

How so very sad that this has only worsened under the one man we all thought had the audacity to be truly transformative. How sad and dejecting to learn we elected the greatest bootlicker to every occupy the White House. Over time, watch as the word "Obama'd" will enter the American lexicon as a synonym of betrayal of trust, as a way of labeling anything performing wildly and horrifyingly below expectation."

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Cheers for you, telling it like it is.
IF we all speak up their lists will be useless.
What they desperately don't want us to know is just how useless they are.!
Pure evil will not be tolerated by the citizens of the US much longer.
They are waking up to the fact that our nation has been hijacked and they intend on crashing it.
Thanks for the courage to write the WH.
Regards, ATA

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yep, that ought to get ya on a few
watchlists, lmao

but I am in agreement with
the sentiment

S&F

cheers

boon

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Well expect to have an IRS audit this year.

They just added you to the list.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Lmfao.. S&F for having the intestinal fortitude to let the corrupt bastards in dizzy city know how the people feel.. Though doubt they will heed it.. Ah well.. Let them make their silly list it makes them feel impotent..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow...didn't"pull" any punches didja...

Nicely written it comes across as passionate but still thoughtful.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Do you think anybody really reads any of the mail you send?
Anyone other than other "discontents" that stumble upon it?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I suppose it could also be a testimony on how bought our representatives are. How corporations truly rule, regardless of who is in office.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Expect your form letter of "Thank You" any day - other than being put on the list that is all you will get. I have wrote to the White House many times - the letter they send in return when you do get one will say thanks and they will pass this on da da da da and we are doing our best da da da da!

Good try anyway friend!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

First Amendment; United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

- Thomas Jefferson
3rd President of the United States
Primary author of the Declaration of Independence

Star and Flag for you my friend.
You are guaranteed to speak your mind according to the Constitution.
If the Government chooses to persecute those that exercise that right, then shame on them!

The U.S. Government and the U.S. media tell us that North Korea, Iran, and other countries are bad because they persecute their citizens for speaking out?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Even then, sometimes one just needs to scream into the wind.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
reply to post by pajoly

Well expect to have an IRS audit this year.

They just added you to the list.

Not if He/She is unemployed (and not collecting unenjoyment as more that 30% of the unemployed aren't receiiving said unenjoyment) as they would not be filing anyway. But I don't advise him/her to try to fly anytime soon. lol.

top topics

join