It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying military crafts in PA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live near an Air Base just outside of Philly. It was supposed to be shut down by the government back in 05, however it's still obviously in service and they've increased security. Since last Spring I've noticed more planes in the sky, and they've been flying lower lately. Even when I go to Philly, I see these military planes flying in the opposite direction of the airport uncomfortably low.

The past month or so I noticed that you can hear a plane, but you can't actually see it. At times it actually shakes my house with how low flying it must be.

Another point: The military at the base have been walking around "patroling" in their uniforms a lot lately. They never did before, and they're acting simular to cops.

I'm personally have four theories on this.

1) This is training for martial law so we're used to the military swooping in and them keeping an eye on us.

2) Those planes have backscatter machines in them, and they're flying low to do scans.

3) They're plotting another 9/11, this time in Philly.

4) It's part of project Blacklight.

Any thoughts on this or simular experiences?
edit on 10-12-2010 by songofthebirdy because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by songofthebirdy

They are watching some?!?!?!?!? my guess
I live in western PA. I do see the very low flying planes slow flying at that. I also hear the planes up in the air when the grey skys are up and dont even see the lights. I was associating what I had observed to some form of trial runs??? Anyway its interestin to hear others are seeing them as well. I mean about a week and a half ago I dont know what plane it was but it was flying so low it appeared to be close above the treelines and it was flying slow. I dont know with all the transforming plane threads and chemtrail threads I tend to not worry too much because all I can do is what I will. They are strange to see I will try to capture a pic of one on the phone. Sometimes when I look up they seem like they are on GLIDE MODE peacefully sitting higher up but moving almost like a copter? then they move along. I am a wild spirit so things like this only strenghthen my spirit because I feel there is more to the game then the rules they tell us. peace
edit on 12/10/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
bay area california.

ive also seen a HUGE upsurge in low flying planes in my area. ive actually kept a log, they fly directly over the house extrmely low about every 12 minutes on average. ive lived here my whole life and never seen even a fraction of this many in the area, let alone directly over my house.

its the same 3 or 4 planes, doing figure 8's around the city. ive kept up with every terminal radar control on my scanner, and they dont takeoff or land from nearby airstrips.

they have flown so low on occasion i was able to intercept transmission frequencies on my mobile scanner.

ive also noticed on approach they sometimes kill the engine and glide over in somewhat of a dive, then kick the engine back on after they are already over the house. i find it odd that youve mentioned being able to hear them but not see them, ive also noticed this as well.

i too, suspect backscatter

ones actually flying over as i type this.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It is illegal for military personnel to act as civic officials in the United States. By what authority are they acting as police officers?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by songofthebirdy

"The past month or so I noticed that you can hear a plane, but you can't actually see it. At times it actually shakes my house with how low flying it must be."

Do you look outside? Or just stay indoors?

"Another point: The military at the base have been walking around "patroling" in their uniforms a lot lately. They never did before, and they're acting simular to cops."

get a picture and post.

Any thoughts on this or simular experiences?
edit on 10-12-2010 by songofthebirdy because: Spelling

I've noticed A-10's a lot lately in couples, but thats normal... just increased in their numbers

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well the OP is talking about Willow Grove AFB. It ndeed has been slated for closure but actually will not cease operations until March 31, 2011. The following aircraft still operate out of the airfield: CH-53E Super Stallion chopper, C-9 Skytrain II, C-130 Hercules.

Because the closure has been put off until the beginning of 2011, flights in and out of the airfield are still common sights in the greater Philadelphia area.

McGuire AFB in New Jersey is also close by being 30 miles from Philadelphia so once Willow Grove shuts down, militray flights will still be seen in the greater metropolitan area.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What kind of Kool-Aid you be drinking OP?

As you can see from my location, I'm pretty close to you. I live in the Harrisburg area and see low flying aircraft all the time. Aircraft I see pretty often are CH-47 Chinook (Saw one yesterday morning at the crack of dawn), UH-60 Blackhawk, A-10 Thunderbolt II, F-16 Falcon, and the bad-ass EC-130J Commando Solo II from the 193rd Special Operations Wing stationed at Harrisburg Intl.

Hell, a couple months ago I saw an Antonov An-124 Ruslan (Accidentally put the An-225) the take off from Harrisburg Intl. and I didn't freak out thinking the Russians were invading. I also saw an Army convoy of Humvees and equipment (Looked like portable radar) go down the 81. I've also seen a lot of flat bed 18 wheelers haul Strykers and other LFVs. We're next to a lot of military installations, and thus see a lot of action.

In the end, I wouldn't worry about any of the scenarios you've mentioned.. Here look at this thread I made this summer: U.S. Military preparing civilians for martial law!!!

My thread fits yours perfectly... lol.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Maybe they are just training incase a war happens on our soil.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Look they even allow camera crews and reporters on the base!

abclocal.go.com...

It must be all part of the conspiracy? The base is still operational, they have to train with the types based there, so what do you expect to see and hear in the skies?

TJ

edit on 11-12-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
Maybe they are just training incase a war happens on our soil.

Close. How about they are just training.

Flying low? It's called, "Shooting approaches". Nothing to get all excited about. Unless someone screws up and that C-130 cartwheels into a neighborhood, killing everyone in a horrible moment of death and destruction.

Just saying.....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by abovetopsecret111

deja vu.....

As stated above, the base will continue to be in operation at a federal level until spring of 2011.

After that I believe that the PA Air Natl Guard will still operate there.

All other operations will be relocated to McGuire AFB in NJ, only 30 miles away.

deja vu

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I make monthly visits to visit family north of Willow Grove and have noticed some more activity in the recent months. I asked my father if he knew what was going on at the base since he drives down that way for work and had no clue as to what may be going on. I also asked my mother since she retired from the Air National Guard that was stationed there and still talks to a few people. But I didn't receive any answer except it's suppose to close. I did notice that they did install more runway lights coming from the south but recently they no longer have them lit at night like before. I have also noticed more security presence there and on occasion seen trucks parked at the main gate. If I find anything out I will keep everyone posted.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I im in NEPA and for years I seen military cargo planes and other military aircraft out and about. Also you have to remember PA has a pretty good National Air Guard so sometimes it is easy to confuse their planes with US Air Force planes.

The only spooky thing really is the black helicopters you see every now and then....

Keep in mind the Lehigh Valley has been having tons of UFO sightings for atleast a decade. Look up all the plasma orb sightings in Bethlehem PA.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by korathin

I saw one of those the other day. I used to be a huge war buff (and am actually getting back into it...not that it's a good form of "certification" but...) So I know a ton of different helicopters. I can tell you it definitely wasn't a blackhawk, warhawk, apache, cobra, huey, or chinook. It also wasn't any type of foreign helicopter either. I'm sure I'm missing a good many types here, but this thing looked brand spankin' new. Real sleek, loud as all heck, and completely black. I was pretty excited to see it actually. Also, I live in SW PA so, figured it maybe related a bit? I'm not sure what else to add OP, but I do hope you get some answers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join