It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An introduction from a former lurker ZipLogan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hello all. I wanted to say that overall at all my time lurking I have found your topics and discussions quite interesting and thought provoking. I will be honest that I find the news topics more relevant to my interests than others and I hope to see more REAL content along those lines that is less open to debate about the topics and more details and discussions from alternative viewpoints. I daresay that ATS will evolve into an Alternative News Blog in the future itself. Anyway the reason I chose to stop lurking and actually join at last was the photo I will link in a moment (if first timers are allowed to link) - I was helping a co-worker on her computer when I saw a strange photo in a folder. I was working on other things at the time work related so I did not get full details of who what when where from her but did grab a copy from her computer later. When I talk to her later on today I will get the full details from her. Anyway - From what I know she was hiking somewhere in Northern Ireland (I don't know if GPS info is in the photo or not) and she has photos before and after this but she mentioned something along the lines of ( "I don't remember taking this photo" )
I am sorry for the poor quality - thats always the way with these isn't it.
I did not fake this photo, She did not fake this photo. It was taken on a Nokia phone. I don't know what model.
The image is interesting enough that I thought I would share. I am not claiming this is a UFO - I am not saying my co-worker had an experience of some sort. It could have just been a plane or something.
I have tried gamma and exposure on the image to see what else is in the shot... but there is nothing else to see... a bright light in the sky over some houses. Thats all. The image I linked to is the original - unedited - poor quality but interesting Nokia image from her phone.

I will post more about myself in the next post ( promise )

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Anyway - thats my reason for joining at last.
I am in my 30's male... Married to an Irish cutie for several years now. I am living in Ireland through I am from the States originally. I work full time for a charity organization that helps many others in other nations around the world. I have traveled all over Europe as part of my job and I love it. I work in technology as well as social work. I prefer helping a grumpy person than fixing grumpy software or hardware. My programs are in use in many parts of the world and aid many in ways - that to mention more would put lives in danger. Underground social and activism work to say the least.

- I believe in a global conspiracy against the people of the world
- I believe the time to panic has not come yet and may not come in the way people envisage
- I do not believe in UFO's (as far as aliens are concerned) but suspect something is going in our skies
- I am a Christian - but am often embarrassed at the display of imbalance and wrong preaching and demonstration that Christianity (the real thing) gets as a result of those that are more visible than others.
- I love zombie movies and Sci/Fi in general
- I believe we are using technology that was outdated 50 to 70 years ago that has only slightly improved in quality but has not seen any great advances for some reason past a certain point.
- I think thats enough for now before this sounds like an ATS dating post.

I think I have a lot to share with ATS - I look forward to talking to you soon!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I'm not 100% sure what that is, but I'm sure with a little tweeking in Photoshop, you'd be able to see what is is. My guess,
1. a street light
2. the moon with some very light cloud cover, giving the "haze" around the light.

Can your friend remember if the moon was out that night? Why did she take the picture?

If it was a full moon, the camera would set the exposure for the bright moon, making the rest of the picture dark. If it was really a "UFO" or something like that, she would have noticed it and probably remember taking that picture.

Like I said,, just my guess..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments. While I would not call my co-worker wild - I would not call her boring either. Not sure why anyone would take photos of a streetlight. Photoshop does not do much for the image. Nokia phone must be a low megapixel one because the information is just not there.
A couple of strange notes I saw in the data of the image says it was taken during the day...
4 Mar 2010 09:22
Exif Version: 2.2
Exposure Mode: Auto exposure
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
FlashPix Version: 1.0
FNumber: 3.2
Focal Length: 4.9
Light Source: unknown
Pixel X Dimension: 1600
Pixel Y Dimension: 1200
Scene Capture Type: Night scene

Make: Nokia
Model: E51
Orientation: 1 (Normal)
Resolution Unit: inches
X Resolution: 300
Y Resolution: 300

Anyway - I can't clean it up any. Still wanted to share. Figured this was the site for it.

White Balance: Auto white balance

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sorry last post on this unless someone else contributes... this was just supposed to be an introduction. Seriously.
Anyway. Googled the date March 4 2010 and Ireland and saw that Pudsey, Leeds in the UK had sightings later on that same day. Interesting to say the least. I googled ( march 4 2010 ireland ufo ) and looked at the first result. Not going to link the other site.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplogan

Since the picture was taken in the morning, I'd have to say it's the sun. The f# at 3.2, facing into the sun, would make the shutterspeed real fast, thus an underexposed image.

The lines from the light source is probably just lens flare from facing directly into the sun.

Go outside on morning aroung the same time and take a picture of the sun with your phone, it should look pretty similar.

Good luck, but sorry, I dount think there's any mystery here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS!

Cant help you with the picture tho. It seems to me a normal picture of the moon or a light, and the camera adjusting to the light in typical fashion. But what do I know - point and shoot and hope the batteries work! Oh and if one shot is good then 10 is better...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Newbie questions sorry - can someone direct me to a help section for setting up avatars (non-enlighting kind) sigs and backgrounds? I am sure its a privilege that comes after many posts but I cant seem to find it yet in the forums.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Hello ziplogan, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Off Topic, One Liners, and Backscratching Posts.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Just to add...

There is no post minimum on ATS to be able to create and use avatars or profile backgrounds.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks for that! I promise i did look... perhaps it was because I was looking and posting while at work that I may have missed it... was kinda doing two things at once.
Thanks very much for the links!

Cheers

Zip

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ZipLogan: Hi I'm ZipLogan and I'm an ATS lurker.....

ATS: (group) Hi Zip! welcome...

ZipLogan: (weeps)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS,,

I don't see a picture at your link, I think your bandwidth has been exceeded, you can host it here on ATS.

You can use the tool bar above, "Tools" then "Pictures" and follow the instructions to upload files to ATS.

Sauron
Super-Moderator
edit on 18/2/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

top topics

join