It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am livid that a certain pet forum deleted my post because I posted this link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
www.bornfreeusa.org...

you would think they would want to know

sigh

some ppl prefer not to know I guess

do you think I should post this in their humour section?

jeremy29.smugmug.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Some people dont want to hear the truth. I made a thread here at ATS on the hidden dangers of neutering/spaying your pet and many were just plain mad at me for even suggesting that foregoing neuter/spaying could be healthier for your pet. I have been verbally attacked on several occasions at my local dog park because I choose not to neuter my dog.

Its disgusting to me the things that they put into dog food and its even more disturbing as to who is pushing these terrible brands. You friendly Veterinarian. They give out those puppy packs and samples from Purina, IAMS, etc. And the first ingredient on their list is Corn. A terrible product for dogs. Fortunately there are manufacturers that produce grain free options.

Make a thread here to distribute your article. I think people need to know these things.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Some people dont want to hear the truth. I made a thread here at ATS on the hidden dangers of neutering/spaying your pet and many were just plain mad at me for even suggesting that foregoing neuter/spaying could be healthier for your pet. I have been verbally attacked on several occasions at my local dog park because I choose not to neuter my dog.

Its disgusting to me the things that they put into dog food and its even more disturbing as to who is pushing these terrible brands. You friendly Veterinarian. They give out those puppy packs and samples from Purina, IAMS, etc. And the first ingredient on their list is Corn. A terrible product for dogs. Fortunately there are manufacturers that produce grain free options.

Make a thread here to distribute your article. I think people need to know these things.

well i gave the link here

I dont think there really is a forum here for it
the issue with dry cat food for me is that the superheating process depletes enzymes and so there is no enzymes in the food and so the cats or dogs liver and kidneys have to work 4 times as hard and give out 4 times as fast

hence the epidemic of cats piddling all over the house

my mother in law has 4 cats and I took 1 of them - that cat is still alive and has never peed anywhere but the litter box

my mother in laws cats have all died now and they all peed all over her house all the time and even all over her when she was in bed

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I live in a huge pet community, and do you know how much people spend on pet food here? 250 a bag! Why? Because the pet food is home made/organic, and it expiries in about 2 months of packaging. I make a few bucks importing Dog chocolate for xmas, they love that.

Yeah, big companies will kill or dogs. And i bet you the vet industry pays them for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I live in a huge pet community, and do you know how much people spend on pet food here? 250 a bag! Why? Because the pet food is home made/organic, and it expiries in about 2 months of packaging. I make a few bucks importing Dog chocolate for xmas, they love that.

Yeah, big companies will kill or dogs. And i bet you the vet industry pays them for it.

if it is good for your pet that is at least acceptable

but most processed food for pets is not good for them but is good for the profit margin of the manufacturers

how can ppl object to a kennel mix for dogs from a pet meat abbatoir because it includes some offal and yet the same offal is the meat by-product that is in dry and tinned pet food and they buy that

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If you are stupid or needy enough to own an animal that cost money to feed. That cuts away from human care taking.
You should know that your animals food is what they would have eaten in the old days lips and a88holes.
What kind of happy land do you live in?
Dogs and cats are food themselves it is just sick to feed and take care of them for any other reason.
Dog people lack social skills and cat people are controlled by zombie snails.
stupid meat sack humans.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

how does one justify spending that kind of money when humans need it?
The first thing I will do when i gain control of my area after the fall,will be round up all the stirfry that people talk to.
how many lost humans own pets to compensate for no brain?
In Ft.Myers Fl. today i was made aware that 123! cats were removed from a dead lady's house.
There was a fire from ants that crossed the circuit breaker in a filthy cat house in Merrit Island.
Dogs are mauling and maming and all because people think they deserve to keep animals.
Fleas,Ticks and Worms,...My father owns a pest controll business ,...Animal people are diseased in more than one or two ways.
Do you know about the snail that controlls cat lady brains?
dirty people.
edit on 12/10/2010 by human32826 because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by human32826

You are aware that Toxoplasma gondii:

a) isn't a snail;

b) has not been shown to control people's brains - rather, the people who have it have life habits which correlate strongly with behaviours that are associated with contracting it. Am I the only one who sees the confounding variable there? Certainly a lot of the popular media didn't.

c) is more likely to be contracted by people whose animal hygeine is POOR than people who own cats generally.

As to the whole neutering argument of the OP, I agree - women who don't want to have more children aren't typically advised to have a histerectomy (however it's spelled), because the hormonal changes associated with whipping it out can lead to Osteoporosis etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by human32826

If you are stupid or needy enough to own an animal that cost money to feed. That cuts away from human care taking.
You should know that your animals food is what they would have eaten in the old days lips and a88holes.
What kind of happy land do you live in?
Dogs and cats are food themselves it is just sick to feed and take care of them for any other reason.
Dog people lack social skills and cat people are controlled by zombie snails.
stupid meat sack humans.

so what you are saying is that I should forgo the little pleasures in life because there are ppl who are worse off than me

so tell me - do YOU forgo little pleasures in your life because there are ppl worse off than you?

and are you prepared to forgo little pleasures in your life forever just because there are ppl who are worse off than you are?

I am sure you have a hobby or two - perhaps you enjoy driving in your car and that car needs gas - should you forgo driving in your car for pleasure forever just because there are ppl worse off than you are?

so my pleasure in life is the relationship I have with my silver persians - why should I give up a little pleasure in my life just because it is different than those thngs that are little pleasures in your life?

as for dirt? cars and car mainenance is dirty and cancerous - you may spill some gas on yourself while filling it - car exhaust adds to air polution and that hurts asthmatics and others

so I have cats and there is a certain amount of cleaning up after them that I need to do. I do not have more cats than I can manage and my home is pristine and the litter boxes are kept clean and I have a high hygiene standard that drives people who know me crazy - I keep nagging ppl to wash their hands all the time

I understand that there are concerns about people having more animals than they can take care of but I am not one of them. I was breedign silver Persians but had to give that up and when my cats die of natural causes I will not be replacing them - I will reduce the number of cats I have to 3 or 4. I had 13 cats before - the mothers and a stud cat.

I have heard about some idiotic research regarding cats and mental illness but of all the ppl I know - the people who own many cats are as sane as can be and the people who avoid cats - there are many that have mental diseases so perhaops owning a cat vaccinates you. Please dont forget that toxoplasmosis can be caught from handling raw meat and also from gardening

I would suggest that until you are prepared to give up little pleasures in your life that are equal to the little pleasures in life you want to force other ppl to give up that you just put up with the fact that my little pleasures in life is something you do not approve of

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(human)this is an article about parasites which affect humans

please note that if you are really concerned about not being infected with a parasite then you should give up sex because that is a likely cause of some parasitic infections

please also note that toxoplasmosis parasite is passed on by several ways that are more common than cats and in fact it is listed that cat feces more than 1 day old have the infectious parasites. I clean my litter boxes more often than that

ingestion of uncooked/undercooked pork/lamb/goat with Toxoplasma bradyzoites, ingestion of raw milk with Toxoplasma tachyzoites, ingestion of contaminated water food or soil with oocysts in cat feces that is more than one day old

and this article

sciencethatmatters.com...

suggest very strongly that meat is the primary vector for human infection.

also

. The most obvious variable one would reach for is social class. Often, bad things — like diseases and car accidents — are more likely to happen to the poor. But toxoplasmosis may be an exception. Perhaps wealthy people eat more French food, and are more likely to drive in countries like the Czech Republic and Turkey (we’d like to see this tested).

end of quote

so of the wealthy get toxoplasmosis more than the poor- that is significant because the wealthy have servants cleaning out their cats litter boxes so that means cats are not the primary cause of infection in humans

so I say - leave me and other pet owners to enjoy our little pleasures in life our way and you enjoy your little pleasures in life your way and I am sorry that your preferences and mine are different

top topics

join