It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA loses track of 119,000 aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Federal Aviation Administration is missing key information on who owns one-third of the 357,000 private and commercial aircraft in the U.S. -- a gap the agency fears could be exploited by terrorists and drug traffickers. The records are in such disarray that the FAA says it is worried that criminals could buy planes without the government's knowledge, or use the registration numbers of other aircraft to evade new computer systems designed to track suspicious flights. It has ordered all aircraft owners to re-register their planes in an effort to clean up its files.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by abaddon6

Great. Besides pitiful record-keeping, they as much as said, "Hey, terrorists... if you use a fake registration number, you can evade our tracking devices!" DOH!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

This is how they facilitate the crimes of the elite...oh, no, it's to protect 'national security'.

second

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, there you go Congress. Another, obvious, place for some deficit reduction. It is quite apparent someone in the FAA bureaucracy hasn't been doing their job, so they are dead weight.

When I heard this story, this morning, I just had to wonder.... At what number does one decide there is a problem. One plane? One hundred planes?? One thousand planes??? Oh, 119,000!!! Something has got to be done.

Okay, first let's put the burden on the owners, to re-register their aircraft. (So what if we're the moron's that screwed this up) Next, let's organize a committee (not for any particular purpose, but we have to have a committee). Then, we should figure out a way to blame someone else. Surely, we can pin this on Bush, Clinton, Reagan or Carter.

Thanks abaddon6, for putting this up on ATS.
edit on 10-12-2010 by WTFover because: Added a comment

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
TPTB seem to not skip a beat in subjecting us to their security measures, so long as someone is profitting, however there are so many loose ends, that security is a joke. Security is a joke and it seems to be implamented with only the measures in which some corporation is profitting.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Sadly, I am not surprised. Disgusted, in awe of the ineptitude, but expected.

I like the comment above about the committees, ironically so true!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Maybe they are trying to find them on the passengers with the grope technique .... yehhh yeh I know its sarcastic,.

The holes in airport / airplane security is as big as finding a pen in the area the size of Texas, and they want to strip seach passengers instead.

if a terrorist wants to he will, regardless the security measures, why is it so hard to understand???? whatever security measure they impose an alternate attack method is used ..... HELLLLLO dude that's bad guy 101

Edit to add, you wannnnna take a guess at how many computer viruses there are ???? and there is a cure for all of them as they come out.
edit on 10-12-2010 by svpwizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I'm sure someone will be arguing that this is because the FAA doesn't have enough people to do their job.

new topics

top topics

join