It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus will return in May 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by infoquest

I have read this story on multiple websites but doesn't the bible say that the Jewish temple will be built before the return of Jesus?

That's the dispensational-premillenial interpretation of some eschatological passages. Not all Christians believe that that will, or need to, happen before Christ's return. For example, those that hold to a more Reformed theological perspective don't believe that the Jewish temple will be rebuilt.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Propaganda is such a powerful took in the hands of the few, I will not be surprise that they will create a false Messiah.

And the weak minded will follow.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Very un-Christian like..predicting when he will come..
Does it not say in the bible..
"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."
Horrible prediction.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That is very irresponsible of them. It is not a good idea to play with people's faith even if it is their own. Christian scripture also deems that no one but the "father" will know the time (hopefully its never).

I cannot understand the human species.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well if you want some date setting lets try doing it based on Matthew 24 and what he said.

So based on Matthew 24 and the fig tree parables with the rebirth of Israel in 1948 I can give you a couple of dates to look at..

May 15 2028. Should be the absolutely last possible date the thousand year reign of the saints could happen. But this date depends on the meaning of the term "this generation shall not pass". There is several possible interpretations of the verse but the most obvious interpretation left would be the generation is 70 to 80 years based on Psalms 90.

Possible fallback date if this is a incorrect interpretation is 2068. If the meaning of the generation is the last person from the generation in question. And that person lives to 120.

So for a rapture date. What is the event that the timing that only the father knows?

Here's the verses in question.
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Verse 36 isn't talking about his return. He's talking about the start of the generation. Best job I can do on that is to refer to this paragraph from Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...
The most startling discovery took place on 4 August 1938, when Richard Archbold discovered the Grand Valley of the Baliem River which had 50,000 yet-undiscovered Stone Age farmers living in orderly villages. The people, known as the Dani, were the last society of its size to make first contact with the rest of the world.

Can't be specific on the date and time but the generation started between 9-2-45 to 5-15-1948. 9-2-45 being the official end of WW2. May 15 1948 being the creation of the state of Israel. And assuming it's a end time event. Making it a fig leaf of the tree. The 2nd one.

So I would put the rapture sometime between now and 2021. Assuming a 80 year generation per Psalms 90-10. And the day of Jezreel/1000 year reign of the saints between 2025 and 2028.

The error made in this thread is that only the father know when it's supposed to happen. Wrong. The day and hour that the father is only supposed to know is the day and the hour of the start of the generation. And as I demonstrated above I can get that down to a 3 year timespan.
Then they ignore the other warnings Jesus Christ gave. The one warning was to beware of false Christs. And then he tells us how his second appearance is supposed to look like. And another part of Matthew 24 is to watch and be ready when the conditions appear to be ready for his return. And they do appear that they are getting close.

Per the fig leaf prophecy the discovery of the Dani appears to be the first fig leaf. Israel in 1948 appears to be a fig leaf. The 9-11 attacks and the counter attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan do closely resemble predictions made by Daniel 11 and 8. Meaning more possible fig leaves.

To put it simply. It's looking a little eerie out there right now. And the next event I'm watching for is the invasion of Iraq. Or the overthrow of it's government. And that would make the battle of the ram and goat complete. That would be another fig leaf.
edit on 12-12-2010 by ntech because: You did realize the apocalypse was running didn't you?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
21 May 2011 is some biblical student's calculation of Judgment Day - open to many interpretatsions.

It may be more interesting to avoid the non-event and anticlimax of that date, and get yourself your favorite South American calendar for 2012-13, in advance... good times are promised with no sign of Christ and all his hang-ups.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Your assumption is that the Christian God is the only time lord out there,there are others that scry the future with the ability to bend time and space,we have not been on a Biblical timeline since 2001 there are 2 sides to each story and it would seem the good lord isn't getting it all his way.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As I see it everything appears to be on track. There was the 9-11 attacks that roughly correspond to the prediction of Daniel 11-2. Then Daniel 8 predicts the conquering of 2 nations in the middle east which happened in 2001 and 2003 with Afghanistan and Iraq. Then the problem is the ram itself. The ram is the symbol of ancient Persia that would be today's Iran. Nearest I can figure is that Iran is conquered or destroyed in some fashion. Then every thing goes to hell.

And the conquering of Iran would appear to have 5-10 years to go before the time line I seeing here has a problem with the 80 year generation.

But then it does say that there would be a short season in the 5th seal before the main event.

edit on 12-12-2010 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Who is this Jesus person?
I think religion is likely to cause our extinction.
The end of the world will be accomplished through the ignorance and violence of religious zealots.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Smack because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2010 by Smack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
finally i can reply to a thred without reading through 8 pages....

Im sure most people know theres no such thing as a prophet....never has been, never will be. Regardless of if he returns or not one thing is for sure, no man will ever predict the date or time.

Even the notion of a prophet is laughable.

yay...my first post

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
They are false prophets.

Did they not read their own book?

It says clearly, that "no one" knows the time or date. He will come like "a thief in the night".

Since people keep expecting it, it won't happen.

I am just saying, logic dictates they are almost certainly wrong.

No, muzzleflash, as can easily be seen by reading in this forum, Christians do not read their Bible, period. If, in fact they did read it, then they would no longer be Christians. And, the collective wishing that such a man would come back does no good at all. And, if the Christians would in fact read the book, they would know that when he does come back, according to whomever wrote the book, that he would have a sword instead of love. and, what about the crimes of Christianity? Who is to pay for those, if not Christians?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Christians do not read their Bible, period. If, in fact they did read it, then they would no longer be Christians.

I think I missed that part where I was supposed to give up my faith upon reading all the way through the Bible. I think many other Christians did too.

And, if the Christians would in fact read the book, they would know that when he does come back, according to whomever wrote the book, that he would have a sword instead of love.

Yeah and? Christians have been teaching that for 2000 years. Christ, upon his return, comes back with a sword of judgment to judge those who have rejected him.

and, what about the crimes of Christianity? Who is to pay for those, if not Christians?

Not everyone who has claimed to be a Christian really has been. (I would think that someone who has apparently read the Bible would know that.) Those that did horrendous things in the name of Christianity will ultimately reap what they sowed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh are they? I'm in ATL, my skate buddies and I will be around recording them and interviewing them to make them look stupid on Youtube. Jesus comes after the Anti-Christ why would they think it's Jesus? It says there will be false prophets and one will claim to be Jesus.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It might happen, tsshyeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

CX

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe he's the "insurance file".

If Ass-ange goes down, Jesus comes back and totaly screws the world up even more than it is already.

Seriously, even if he was real and could come back to life
.....what would it even achieve in this day and age? He'd be killed by other faiths as soon as he announced himeslf, eithet that or religious wars would kick off.

CX.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

actualy the world might not ever see him coming back until it is purged of anti christs(their will be many). The bible also states "they are blaspheming,saying where is this secong coming he promised us". And that quote is from the part of the bible that states how the world ends,so if they are still saying that when the world ends that shows if you dont have the proper faith and understanding of christs ways,you will never see him even if he's here.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wasn't the whole crucifixion and trial of jesus added to the bible in the middle ages? If I remember rightly, no text dating before that time includes anything about Jesus's death.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's already written that nobody knows when christ will return and with christians doing these predictions...... so fail

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Where did he go?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Are you serious? IN Atlanta? Dang it, their probably gonna put this stupid billboards up along 85 and 285 so I have to look at them while stuck in traffic. I need to move out of the bible belt. Well religion here is always interesting since there are so many different religions and cultures in HOTlanta
There is a large muslim population as well has orthodox jewish people. Hmmm? I wonder how well this will go over? If I see one I promise to take a pic and upload for everyone's viewing pleasure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join