It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderbirds are go !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The new Thunderbirds film is out on 30 July. It's directed by Jonathan Frakes (From ST:TNG) and stars Bill Paxton and Ben Kingsley. The trailer definitely looks interesting, showing Thunderbird 2 landing near Big Ben while FAB1 has had an update.

Thunderbirds

I'm happy to report that the Interbational Rescue craft still look as they did in the old series. They haven't been screwed with or 'modified' (apart from a new version of FAB1).
I can remember when Thunderbirds first came out in the 60's. I don't think there was a kid in England who didn't want to fly one of the craft. Everyone had their favourite. Here's mine ...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I hated thunder birds before, but I liked the cool toy spaceships. Thunder birds just lost its image, and it was never popular. The movie's probably going to be a flop, since the average youth knows nothing about previous genereation cartoons. Flashbacks of Captain Planet, teenage mutant hero turtles, captain bucky o' hare, BraveStar, dogtanian, pengu and ghostbusters are coming back.

Those days are seriously being missed :bnghd:

Not to mention the days wasted playing prince of persia(apple/pc), lemmings(apple), shuffle puck(apple), crystal quest(apple) and apache strike(apple). By Prince of persia I mean the one for the apple way back in the day and the prince of persia for pc with the MS DOS operating system. Win 3.11 came out later, to give you an idea about the day in age of the games I'm talking about. P.S. the pc sucked big time back in the day, all games were played on the apple. My how times have changed.

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Turning classic Thunderbirds 'supermarionation' into a B-Grade action flick for dweebs is as useful as doing Passion Of The Christ with Homer Simpson in the role of Jesus.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Turning classic Thunderbirds 'supermarionation' into a B-Grade action flick for dweebs is as useful as doing Passion Of The Christ with Homer Simpson in the role of Jesus.

Now that would be good!!!! Instead of drinking the wine as his blood, have a Duff Beer! :w:

new topics

top topics

join