It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Well one point I think your misinformed, its not that he doesn't believe in taxes per say, he more suggests to eradicate unconstitutional spending of tax dollars. Social programs are not authorized by the Constitution, so with that fact, he has continually tried to remove that unneeded expenditure.
Yes he has said in the past to remove the Federal Reserve, but in past speeches he has specifically stated that the spending of tax dollars needlessly has gotten out of control. He was suggesting to reign the spending in, and put fiscal responsibility on the powers that be.
Article 1 Section 8 clearly outlines the powers of Congress, and shows what spending is permitted and what is not.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Merry Christmas Bernanke--Meet your new Chairman Ron Paul!!

Ron Paul is finally going to get a chance to show us what he's got. We'll see. I can't wait.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

yeah Bernanke will resign here soon. Once Paul identifies him as a thief/extortionist....yeah, its safe to say things are gonna hit the roof soon!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady

Originally posted by Jeanius

Why do Ron Paul haters just spew crazy words and not back it up with facts?

I'm interested, seriously, I've never heard that stuff about him.

Can you show me something that can change my mind about him hating women?

It's open.

From what I know he's a gynecologist who's brought thousands of babies into this world.

But I guess he hated all the mothers right?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

What is it you, as a staunch supporter, are not aware of about him?

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

What's so confusing about this? You're the one who supports him; you should know all this.

You're distorting an anti-abortion stance a little bit too much. One key difference between Women's rights and Abortion is that abortion is a medical procedure. Is an apendectomy a right that a person is guaranteed? I'm not going to get into the pro/anti-abortion argument, my only point is that being anti-abortion isn't about being a misogynist. What he's actually saying is he doesn't believe the state should advocate that particular medical procedure. It says nothing about women's rights. For example: if a hysterectomy caused women to die within 1 year and someone said it should be outlawed b/c of its effects on life, that would say nothing about a woman's rights, but rather, would be a question of supporting life over the medical procedure. Again, I am in no way trying to get into an argument about the validity of abortion. I'm just simply saying that you are skewing what he is saying to fit your ideals, and if that is the ONLY reason you can come up with for why he is not for women's rights then you really shouldn't be arguing this point.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ron paul may be anti-abortion but he's not for enforcing it at the federal level. He thinks its for the states to decide. Whats wrong with that?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a beacon of truth in a time where we need more people like him.. Wikileaks and the resulting bull# shows that this society and government are so horribly beyond repair that people like Ron Paul are ignored.. If your thought process doesn't mirror the PTB than you are a conspiracy theorist and are made to feel inferior.. I am disgusted that Ron Paul isn't our President.. he is the only politician I can think of with the moral character needed to hold such an office yet he won't even be entertained.. Even the republicans ignore him despite the fact that he gives them the BEST chance to win in the next presidential election.. Gotta wonder.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How sad is it that 95% of the US population does not know who Ron Paul is but everyone knows Snookie and The Situation? I love this guy so much because he relentlessly works to bring us a better government. His name should be a household name but unfortunately we are a submissive nation too busy watching our shows and popping xanax's.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Maybe this is what happens in a world where intelligence isn't necessarily "fit" and all we have left are selfish and low IQ nationalists.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Vietnam war.... predicated on falsehoods and executed.

Iraq war... predicated on falsehoods and executed.

$80 Billion yearly on intelligence gathering. Cannot find Osama bin Laden. No weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Losing to the Taliban and associated insurgents in Afghanistan.

How can we eff this up? Only on purpose.

First you must take into consideration who considers it "effed up" and what the REAL reasons were for going into these countries.

I think you're right in the sense that we have a sophisticated military, even our US Marshall's can round up a fugitive in a few days, even if they go to great lengths not to be found.

I tend to think that we had reasons for going into Vietnam, just as I think we had reasons for Iraq and Afghan. The only problem is that the military and government cannot be explicit with their reasons to the public due to the nature of intelligence gathering. Of course you cant disclose everything, that would get every spy and undercover spook made and would either get them tortured and killed, or make them useless. I think Vietnam was about going in and claiming a stake in the area since the Soviets were already operating undercover in Laos.

Iraq and Afghan in my opinion are about establishing trade and oil routes, not to mention, I firmly believe that our nations economy has become so dependent on waging war since we dont export anything these days but soldiers.....

I think they'll use any catastrophe or propaganda tool to get the public emotionally charged and accepting of a war. Its a lot harder to sell when you break it down as, " we gotta go kill a bunch of people so our country can prosper"

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Don't ya just love, when you bust out facts or relevant information to suggest another point of view, how the ones your arguing with seem to disappear, as did this thunderlady person?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The 'Good Doctor' always abides by the Rule, "To Do No Harm".
The best Christmas present one could receive is one of which can be used for infinity.
no?

The Strangest though most 'usefUll' secret in the wOrld.
Happy Holidays and may One find themselves so that the 'All' may benefit, whether man or ET for each 'being' is a unique being Of and In Creation with a unique genetic makeup of which guarantees 'Individual' success and prosperity. U are the Matrix, A matrix of Creation
.....not confOrmity (Yahning) and the "I"s hAve it.
Carry On.....Carrying on.....

edit on 49pm46014212131201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

What's so confusing about this? You're the one who supports him; you should know all this.

He doesn't believe the government should regulate what a woman can do with her body. While he is pro-life, he believes that it is not his right to force everyone else to be.

He does believe in taxes. He just doesn't believe in progressive income taxes. If you think getting rid of the Income Tax would get rid of fire departments, police, schools and roads, then you know nothing about taxes.

If you could read, you should know all of this.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Well put man, I was about to say the same thing. Americans do come off as gun toating nutters at times. Ron Paul is like the equalizer showing the world all is not lost there are still some people fighting the good fight for freedom and equality here. Just wish more people were aware of him. I went around my work asking my coworkers if they ever heard of him and 3 out of 30 said yes.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

see, stuff like this makes me want to like Ron Paul. He has good things to say about civil liberties but I don't agree wit his stance on abortion, and recently I just found out about his racist newsletter in the 90's.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually, you are incorrect... it's not that Congressman Paul opposes ALL taxation, he is more than intelligent enough to realize that taxes collected should be used for the common good. What he opposes are taxes at the Federal level that are then doled out to the many states based upon their "compliance" with "Federal Law" in certain instances.

For example: The reason the legal drinking age in most states is 21 is due to Federal law, and highway funding. A state that refuses to set their drinking age at 21 will be denied "federal funding" for their highway projects, even if those projects are "mandated" by the Federal government.

So many people that denounce Congressman Paul do so in ignorance. Before you tear the man down, spend some time actually researching and reading HIM, not just what OTHERS say about him.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ron Paul's comments in that video were some of the best I've heard in a long time.

I was glad to hear him compare the Wiki Leaks and it's ilk to the Pentagon Papers and how freedom of speech is being unfairly treated. What is sad is that no matter how much sense this man appears to make, it kind of works like it does on here....

People choose to hear what they want to hear and believe what they choose to believe...truth to one person, or a group of persons is not the same for the next guy. We know what the government has been up to, and now, we have that information before us. Unfortunately, the majority of the Amerikan public and Congress have chosen to see this information with eyes wide closed.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ThunderLady, in now way do I want to be rude but...get the **** out of here. We've heard your point no one's gonna change his beliefs over such poor arguments you're providing.

I hate it when people like this derail threads. I thought this one would be awesome, but no, a know-it-all had to come here polluting the thread with off-topic opinions...not even backed up with facts.

Seriously, thank you. You really helped the discussion move on. That's all I have to say about you.

Now how about we get back on topic?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Why do Ron Paul haters just spew crazy words and not back it up with facts?

I'm interested, seriously, I've never heard that stuff about him.

Can you show me something that can change my mind about him hating women?

It's open.

From what I know he's a gynecologist who's brought thousands of babies into this world.

But I guess he hated all the mothers right?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

A fetus is a living, independent being. It is no more a woman's own body than a bed bug is when it feeds off your body. Therefore, a woman cannot have autonomy over what does not belong to her body. Calling someone a misogynist if he acknowledges this obvious biological fact is just plain puerile.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
well at least he had the courage to speak his first amendment right, and separate himself as a target from the patriot majority

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Agreed, she made an argument, but lacked the ability to submit any type of facts, or documentation to suggest otherwise~

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join