It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes , he really hit the nail right on the head, for what good, it seems to be doing.

The Truth will set you few, in thought anyhow.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
none taken,

im just saying that the point of the post was to watch the video of Dr. Paul addressing the house...

other posters have had to defend Dr. Pauls credablity just cause a topic mentions his name, instead of asking your self (or actually answering them) the questions that he proposed on to the listing/hearing members in attandance of house, i have read the thread, not many people are making conversation of the questions,

like; What does this breach of security say about our 80 billion dollar defense budget...?
how is it that easy for a Private who like i said has only had about 1 1/2 years service in the military, get such a complete set of documents pertaining to our diplomatic relations with foriegn countries for the past 4 decades?
Well you can't expect him to address everything wrong with our country within the few minutes of time he is allotted. And as for the leaks, you can look at my previous post as to why the private was allowed access to the data. Edit: If you are wondering why Obama has not fixed the way data is handled since his term started, he has tremendous pressure from the military complex to keep information as open as possible inside the military.
If you visit Ron Paul's youtube channel he makes addresses to everyone almost every week. So he is speaking out about the issues, he's just not awarded a ton of time to address the congress.
edit on 10-12-2010 by zero1020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ron Paul, you got to love this guy! He says it like it is, and he doesn't lock step with his party. Now if the country can get behind this guy and elect him as our next president. Easier said then done, when our media and political system wants to alienate him and not take him serious.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

yes it is but the government doesn't fear the people. i mean what is there to fear? fat kids, shallow teens, parents that just want to get by, or the elderly that is getting crap for health care?

"we the people" of today, are not "we the people" of yesterday. the government has technologically comforted us into being lazy and fight-less. the only way the people would do anything is, if our comfortable technologies were taken away.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

i think that the kids of the usa would act the same exact way as the kids of brit. the kids of usa would just have to be drunk first and their college basketball team would have to ether win or lose.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I sincerely hope Ron Paul got his message through to someone in that room... Although I fear it didn't. One can only pray that America wakes up before it is too late to do anything about it.. As for Assange, he is having to pay a huge price for what he did. He knew this would happen. Yet he did it anyway.. Americans need to get up and start taking the blinders off their eyes. If leaking these docs didn't do it, then maybe it is already too late for us...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
A great speech from Dr.Paul that sadly will fall on deaf ears due to our Congress people being arrogant and selfish.I am willing to bet now that he is the chairman of the fiance committee he's now on DHS's watch list if he already wasn't.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I am concerned about one thing that Ron Paul does say. He says that Assange did not steal these classified documents. How did he obtain them?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady
reply to post by Jeanius

What men are you aware of who will ever face the choice of having an abortion or continuing a pregnancy? None. Ever. Never will. So, this stance of his only effects women. And this stance denies women the right to choose what to do with their own bodies. Denying rights to a person on the basis of gender, color, orientation, disability, etc. is known as bigotry. When that bias is directed towards women it's called misogyny. Ron Paul is a misogynist.
edit on 10-12-2010 by thunderlady because: sp

You are thinking like a Keynesian: only considering one party in the equation. I'm not here to change you mind on abortion, but, if you are going to say that abortion is solely based on the women and her body, I will make just one point. Pro-life supporters, like Ron Paul, look at the life of the fetus as well. There is another life involved in decision with her body. You are thinking quite selfishly. The question is when the fetus has rights, not whether the women can do whatever she wants because its her body.

BESIDES, Ron Paul believes that abortion decisions should be left up to the states, not the federal government. You are like so many who see two words, Pro Life, and then automatically assume you know what he stands for. Since you are such a great google-er, you should research his ACTUAL stance a little better.

Finally, Ron Paul does not want an income tax, you are right. But that is not the direct funding for "roads and fire departments." Funding infrastructure, civil services, and protecting our constitutional rights is the ENTIRE point of governement, something our country has strayed far away from. Ron Paul completely supports money for "roads and fire departments" because he is a constitutionalists.

Ron Paul supports the constitution, which supports life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, which is carried out though smaller government and less taxes. This all supports the rights of the mother, AND the fetus inside her. You calling Ron Paul a women hater and somebody who doesn't support money for the "roads and fire department", is pretty idiotic.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I notice you people are quick to hoorah the people who agree with some of your ideas, such as Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura, and dismiss any negatives they have and ignore anything contrary to your thoughts that they say.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

I notice you people are quick to hoorah the people who agree with some of your ideas, such as Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura, and dismiss any negatives they have and ignore anything contrary to your thoughts that they say.

It's the cherry-picking genes. We all have them. It's a survival thing.

Anyway, who says everybody has to "pick a side" and "toe the party line"? Bushwa. The coolest thing about democracy is our right to individuality - aka "cherry-picking."

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by Jeanius

yes it is but the government doesn't fear the people. i mean what is there to fear? fat kids, shallow teens, parents that just want to get by, or the elderly that is getting crap for health care?

"we the people" of today, are not "we the people" of yesterday. the government has technologically comforted us into being lazy and fight-less. the only way the people would do anything is, if our comfortable technologies were taken away.

You're quite right on 'the people'. They've watched Judge Judy too often to have the nerve to stand up for themselves. Fifty years of all those other cop shows on the idiot box just herded the flock into the fold too, so it's not just the kids. it's everybody. Who wants to stand up after watching Starsky and Hutch, CHIPS, Hawaii 5.0 and Law & Order for decades?

I bet you allthought it was only 'entertainment'.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

What's so confusing about this? You're the one who supports him; you should know all this.

Not believing in abortion does not make him a woman hater.

As far as taxes go, he does believe in taxes, just not the way they are now collected. He first proposed a national sales tax for many, many years ago, which would eliminate the IRS bureaucracy and the millions upon millions of dollars wasted in running it. Plus, it would generate revenues from individuals and commerce that currently don't pay taxes, such as: those involved in prostitution, drugs, illegal gaming, etc.

Beyond that, National Income Taxes have been imposed several times throughout our history to support war efforts, and this latest tax imposed by the 16th Amendment was never properly ratified by Congress, and to my knowledge wasalso supposed to be short term solution imposed in support of funding our efforts in WW1.

With a national sales tax, you would pay taxes one time, when you spent the money your earned, instead of paying taxes both when you earn the money, and when you spend it. And, it would take the burden of collection off the backs of employers.

I am all for abolishment of the IRS and establishing a national sales tax.

As to the abortion issue, I don't really stand solidly on either side of the fence: I believe that if a women gets pregnant unintentionally and wants to terminate that pregnancy she should be entitled to do so, once or maybe twice. But, if she's had numerous pregnancies terminated and uses abortion as a method of birth control, then at some point she should be denied further abortions.

And, I strongly believe that it's not just the womens decision! If a women can decide against abortion in an unwanted pregnancy, then force the father to pay chid support, whether he wanted the child or not, then the father SHOULD have a say.

If the woman can burden the father with 18 years worth of child support, then WTF can't she be burdened with 9 months of pregnancy if he were to want the child.

I'm all for womens rights, and yes a womens body is hers. But, when she's chosen to share her body with someone else and becomes pregnant as a result, thus gaining the right to tap into his pocket book for the next 18 years, he should also earn the right to decide against her getting an abortion, if he is willing to take custody of the child and the responsibilities that go with having a child.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Someone smart once said,
" War is business and business is good"

You call this someone smart, I call this someone a fcuken smeg head

Please note, in no way do I refer this to Ron Paul.
edit on 11-12-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Jeanius

I'm not using any generalizations. And you're, for whatever reasons, refusing to investigate the widely disseminated political stances of a politician you support.

You're choosing to be willfully ignorant while lambasting me for having done the research you refuse to do which is, frankly, ridiculous.

Argue with me after you have something to actually debate. By your own confession, you know nothing about Ron Paul's political platform.

@Thunder Lady.
Just drop it will you, you're lost on this thread and you're merely digging yourself deeper.
Look at the stars above posts and you'll see the outcome has been decided.

Meanwhile, back on topic. That was a great video by RP!

edit on 11-12-2010 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
@Original poster Jeanius: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, never knew someone in the american goverment would be so out spoken about the goverment and he does bring up some very good points which have already been mentioned in the thread. One thing that does stand out to me in his speach, is that he kept reffering the US of A as an "empire" is that the normal thought process of what the american goverment think they are? Empires are a thing of the past and didnt gain us british many friends in the past when we had a proper one

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

HE doesnt believe in INCOME taxes. He thinks it should all be sales tax. Do some research before just spewing msm talking points. And hes against abortion personaly because he delivers babies! However he believes the GOVERNMENT has NO RIGHT to tell women what to do with there bodies.

WAY TO BE COMPLETELY OFF TARGET

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Whatever his stance on other issues, I am with him on this 5min. speech.
"Foreign Policy of Empire" Indeed . He calls 'em as he sees 'em.

Problem is ,this is one of the speeches in many, many more in that famed "5min. for every senator" Most politicians that have no speech, will go out to lunch, take a walk..etc. The room is bloody empty when those 5min. speeches are made .washington basically doesn't care what senators say in them... They clock in, walk out and do other stuff... A bit like some Euro-parlementarians were caught doing red-handed.

Sadly, nobody in the senate cares if a politician has an important message in the 5 min allotted to him/her. Empty senate ,and those that ARE there, mostly nap, or yap on with the people around them. They only show their ugly mugs en-masse when there is a chance the unending trickle-up to the $1,000,000.- + earners is at stake....

THAT's true politics,they're not even scheming on some dastardly plot, but just completely dis-interested, they do not give a toss, their cheques will come in anyhow, be it officially from government, be it from their wealthy donors....no need to worry untill the next elections

Sorry, Ron Paul has is spot-on in this, but nobody in the senate cares.....politics as usual..no interests at stake, so no need to care, or even be there.
edit on 12/11/2010 by diakrite because: thaipoh

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul might be telling the truth all along, but it doesn;t seem to impacting the US government or media much

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul for President! 2012! As long as the world doesn't end lolz

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join