It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anon = Terrorist Organization

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Use a dictionary.

Wikipedia as a reference?

Sorry. Not trying to be a jerk but the use of that word so loosely really irks me. Practically everyone is a terrorist now, even if it's only because they believe a certain way.
edit on 10-12-2010 by PhantomLimb because: added more

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Use a dictionary.

Wikipedia as a reference?

Sorry burned my last dictionary at the state sponsored book burning.

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms Noun 1. terrorist organization - a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals foreign terrorist organization, FTO, terrorist group act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear political movement - a group of people working together to achieve a political goal Based on WordNet 3.0, Farle

www.thefreedictionary.com...

But I did also find this not sure if it's the proper dictionary for you? Perhaps I should grab a copy from say 100 yrs ago, perhaps that will satisfy your agenda because I sure the word probably wasn't in there then.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You edit quick!!!! LOL , na I'm not trying to fight anyone on this just trying to post the actual definition of the wrod as people are trying to say that it doesn't fit in with the actions. But really it kinda does, to which I am also saying that I don't agree with that line of thought. I like to share information weather it hurts my argument or helps it because I try to see the rights and wrongs on both sides of the story so I can better place my own opinion on it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wait, so because a group of people shut down the corp website, you feel they are terrorists? How specifically did they terrorize you? How specifically where you effected at all and how will this protest effect you in the future?
Your credit transactions were not effected in the slightest (at least not by them) and they didn't take or use anyone's precious credit info.

What bothers me the most, and what terrorized me now, is the position mc and visa took. They told me that they do not have honor my purchases, they told me that they have the power to tell me what I am allowed to purchase with a mc or visa. Now, how long will it be before I am not allowed to buy alcohol, tobacco, ammo, food items
with a mc or visa (this would include my debit card because it has a visa logo)? They took the power, illegally mind you, to dictate my purchasing ability. Now that is terrorizing to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Chase bank has already done just that my friend. If you have a debit card issued through the unemployment office of NYS you cannot swipe your card for smokes at the reservations, pay your telecommunications bills or purchase alcohol at the liquor store. And it has been that way for about a year now from what I have seen and heard.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Wow, yet another reason why I hate chase, thanks.
second line

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
AnonOps aren't terrorists. I'm tired of hearing everybody calling everybody terrorists.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've never heard of ANON prior to 2 days ago and already I am being called a hacker and a supporter of ANON, now I could say you are a disinfo agent but that would be painting the brush rather thick. Oh well...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
OK, I'm gonna get blasted to high heaven here, here goes:

Yes the term terrorist cannot be applied here, and yes it is thrown around too much. However in the OP defence, a terrorist operates to create fear, terror, in the public. So it could be argued that a lot of people, who's only source of income can be got from PayPal, Mastercard or Visa, might be terrified that they cannot put food on the family table, or buy lifes essentials because they don't have access to any money, that stuff does terrify people.

Yes, that's a pretty weak argument in calling them terrorists, I'm just looking for a way to justify and help out the OP.

Blast away, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OK maybe the word terrorist was a bit harsh, but I still feel the same way about them attempting to tell us where we can do business and where we cannot. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I have what some of you may lack...A LIFE. Oh yeah by the way..thanks to all the press...seems like paypal and others...thier business is pciking up...THANKS ANON FOR THE FREE PRESS. I do not want a revolution, I like the way things are...able to make money and live great...so people get hurt along the way...why should that affect those of us smart enough to make money off of them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

not going to blast you, but UKuncut are going after the high street banks** this weekend, by the same logic they could be classed as terrorists..

So do you think protesters should be arrested as terrorists if they protest against the banks? as they will be doing in the real world exactly what you Anon are doing in the cyber world?

**I am guessing going on how they have acted while targeting the high street stores**

edit on 10/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Tyranny of the Minority over the Majority. That is what Anon is and their supports who think I must change whom I do business with because they know what is best for me.

As for PP, that little insignificant slow down Anon caused... caused my customer's payment stuck in limbo for two days and now add the weekend...will be another three days. So yeah, it is hurting my business and now my internet customers.

Why doesnt WL just buy servers and go that route? You can store information anywhere in the world...and run it off mirror sites forever. I am not sure what attacking businesses has to do with freedom of speech. I understand that WL lost its ability to accept payments for their legal finds...but that is always going to be an issue with these kinds of things. I am just ticked off that someone's problems are affecting my personal business.

Is ANON a terrorist group... no, I dont think so.

People have such a strange way of expressing themselves these days. They cause chaos and make threats instead of protesting (peacefully).

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I really am not one to flame, but OP, you need to just go back into your little cave you call reality - and go back to sleep. I read the title of this and it reminded me of some silly man who just OD's on newscasts waking up in the middle of his sleep screaming, "TERRORIST!! TERRORIST SCUM!!". Just your mental response to the fact that a group of hackers are DDoS'ng several big corps as a terrorist act, that means your head is way far up your own arse.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join