It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-WikiLeaks Group May Attack U.S. Senate Website Next!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Pro-WikiLeaks Group May Attack U.S. Senate Website Next!

www.theatlantic.com

According to a poll set up by the ad-hoc group, Operation Payback, the Senate could be their next target. It leads voting ahead of Re-attacking Mastercard, Re-attacking Visa, Sarah Palin's website, & Authorize.net. Out of a total of 1179 votes cast(as of 5:22 pm),445 of them went to attacking the Senate website.

This iteration of Operation Payback formed in response to companies like PayPal, Visa, & Mastercard cutting off WikiLeaks from their services. It is composed of members associated through the loose network of people known as Anonymous, which specializes in denial-of-service attacks
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Heh-heh...

These guys recently took down the Swedish law firm who is attempting to prosecute Julian Assange, and now it looks like they may be going after Big Brother himself!

Boy, things are sure getting gnarly as of late!

This has truly erupted into an all out cyber war.

Time to get out the popcorn and watch the show as it unfolds. If anything, I do think that Assange and this group have lit a fire under a good deal of the population's arses and inspired many that we CAN stand up to these Elitist goons afterall! Perhaps just in cyberland thus far, but hey, it's a start! haha

www.theatlantic.com
edit on 10-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think someone should make a timeline (preferably visual) of all this wiki-leaks + cyber war.
One that is updated weekly and has links to the articles of what is going on.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That's a great idea, and related geo-political events added to the chart would be great too - like the riots in Britain, or what not.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
yeah...wow....

great , cause the senate website has so much power and influence you know. just like the mastercard website fiasco was so devastating. 150 people could not login to their accounts, so they actually had to call. damn, what a shame, what a catastrophe that mastercard had to endure. look at them now, their fraudulent business has gone down the drain. im sure everyone in congress is freaking out that their website is going to get trashed, because so much of what they work on and for revolves around a website they never even look at it. its really going to affect their decisions on policy now, show them who's boss. oh wait, it is going to affect their decisions on policy now. hm, i wonder what policies will be affected?

hm. leaders work for no one. i think that is one of the great benefits of being a leader, that you lead and control and influence, rather than follow, be controlled, and be influenced. just saying.

whoever these hackers are, im sure must be intelligent, but not every tactical.

still, "at least they are doing something"...

yeah..ok
edit on 10-12-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hackers are large and in charge of the internet when motivated.

I see the govts of the world in a really tough spot right now. What are they supposed to do? The info that Assange has IS going to come out eventually. TPTB cant stop it. And the hacking community is clearly flexing their muscle to show them that they shouldnt mess with freedom of speech and the truth.

The Truth Will Prevail

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
but what i dont get is why just shut them down why not post a message or something they are just giving the media much needed dollars the msm has already forgotten about wikiwhats along with the masses and focusing on these hackers they are ust going to use this hype to excaberate everything negative i hope the best will come but the spin is on man

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This iteration of Operation Payback formed in response to companies like PayPal, Visa, & Mastercard cutting off WikiLeaks from their services. It is composed of members associated through the loose network of people known as Anonymous, which specializes in denial-of-service attacks

Marvelous strategy... attack Paypal Visa Mastercard...

It's not like that would effect 'We the people..."

So now they strike back, and deny Visa etc to other 'whistle blower websites... not that places like ATS worry about that

Back in a bit... ran out of popcorn and beer....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Like THAT would be a HARD thing?

How many years did the US Senate run on an insecure IIS server with an open proxy?
a: A few

How long did the US Senate Republicans know that the democratic party had wide open file sharing?
a: who knows?

It would probably only help things to attack them. It might actually get some attention paid to security.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I like the fact that hackers are uniting but lets be honest.

Taking down a website of a company is really like throwing a stone at a tank.

The website isn't the company, 15yrs ago these companies didnt have websites.

Publicly its good, but business wise it means sweet, F, ALL!

Want to impress me?

bring down the mainframes, datacentres and systems inside the company.

thats the only way these people will listen.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I await the event with pleasure!

second

top topics

join