It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Real UFO News From Wikileaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You guys...

Heres an analogy.... Wikileaks is the notes you passed in high school... nothing ground breaking... just embarrasing if someone else reads them.

The information you want is locked in the Principals file locker

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think people misunderstand and the guy from Wikileaks probably doesn't have the background in UFOs to know what he has even if he's read the communiques. Something, seemingly totally insignificant outside of the field of UFOs could actually mean way more tot hose with the right background.

Lets say, a well known debunker is congratulated for doing a good job on case x by some diplomat to a friend and all the communique says is. Y did a great job with the media on case X. Well yes, to those with no interest in UFOs, it's nothing. To many of us it would be a pretty big.... "See, told you the person was a government stooge".

It could be someone who has consistently claimed no interest in the subject in public, talking about therm in private. Again to a non UFO person, it won't mean a thing, to people on here it could be a real eye opener.

For instance what if one communique contained the following .... "Yes, well you'd have to be a true dummy to believe in the dummy explanation".

Now if you have no interest in UFOs would that have any meaning to you? Probably not? You'd probably just see a huge "Huh?" from most people. To someone involved in UFOs that sentence would probably mean one thing..

It's all about context. I doubt the wilileaks people have the background to truly analyse what the UFO data is. So yes, no ..."Hey Vladimir what are we going to do about these damned aliens and their saucers?". That doesn't mean, to a more acutely aware eye, they will be wholly worthless. Let's all wait and see, you never know, there might just be a true nugget or two of true value in the low level chit chat, that was, remember, never meant for public consumption.
edit on 11-12-2010 by FireMoon because: spelling of course

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here's my guess on this matter:

The reference to UFOs will come out in leaked documents from the Apollo 11 mission. This is the one with Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong. It has been rumored there were UFO sightings on this mission.

If you notice one of the thousand WikiLeaks threads that shows the new WikiLeaks wallpaper image, in the bottom left shelf is a huge sealed box with an Apollo 11 emblem on the side.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
These Apollo 11 documents, or other UFO-related documents, may also be in the Insurance File.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah and maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass singing tra-la-la and skipping down the road...

But i doubt it. Reread my post at the top of this page... and stop and let it sink in... Now stop being silly.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Velocismo

Having read the Prince Andrew extracts your analogy is wholly flawed.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Usually, only communication at the highest levels of clearance would use the term "UFO" in this context (extraterrestrial). In fact, I'm not even sure they still use that term offically. Lower clearance levels - like the Wikileak cables - will generally use a codeword instead. Anything of this nature will be encoded as standard procedure.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Velocismo: Have you actually taken the time to weigh through all of the WikiLeaks cables? Are you aware that the initial release that created a media uproar was only 1% of intended releases? Are you aware that the media is controlled and waters down reports on leaked documents?

There is already a legitimate example of a damaging leak from the cables that involves Dyncorp supplying drugs and little boys to Afghan police. What you saw in the news about a few embarrassing comments made from private emails from diplomats is a totally watered down media ploy to get people to think this is not such a big deal. Why would you fall for that?

So WikiLeaks Is Evil For Releasing Documents... But DynCorp Gets A Pass For Pimping Young Boys To Afghan Cops?

edit on 12-12-2010 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I think that we ought to wait until we see what is really disclosed by Wikileaks.

We are all spinning our wheels imagining what might be going to come.

To me what would be really exciting would be well informed comments from an air attache about something that he picked up and is passing back to Washington concerning the true (defence related) explanation for a supposed UFO sighting.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antibren

I have to admit I was actually getting a little excited at the thought of 'disclosure'. Although of course I had to keep thinking to myself that as many have already said the cables were not top secret. Still, I think it will still be interesting to see what "references" were made about 'UFOs' when Wikileaks decides to release those particular cables.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join