It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Corruption and Crime Commission reveals abusive taser use by LEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There are actually two videos here, one from youtube which I have embedded in the thread, and a second in the news story which I have linked. I believe both videos are of the same man Kevin Spratt. It is reported that he was tased a total of 41 times during the 7 days he was in custody (see news story below the video)

The first (from youtube) shows the aboriginal man Kevin Spratt being tased a number of times in the presence of 9 different officers.

The second video which can be seen here with the accompanying news story again shows Kevin Spratt, this time being removed from his cell and being tased again multiple times in the presence of many officers.

Taser Footage

These videos have been revealed by the Corruption and Crime Commission over two years after the incident took place. Mr. Spratt does make reference to a history of crime, but the treatment he receives here is a bit over the line I believe. Hopefully with the revelation of these videos, something can be done to prevent the misuse of power again by the offending officers. I am usually one who supports the law enforcement and peace officers of our communities, but I admit there are times when the use of force goes too far, and this is definetly one of those cases.
edit on 9-12-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am surely surpised that this has gone unnoticed, both by ATSer's but
the fact that no one has looked at this thread

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Appalling.
Disgusting.
Have we become so numb to police brutality/torture that we're just going to let these things escalate until we're all at risk. We're almost there. Almost to the point of no return...

We're sinking.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Usually these videos come out of larger American cities like Detroit, LA or Philadelphia.
Being from Australia seemed out of place to me
But I guess that this level of brutality can happen anywhere

top topics

join