It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Give The Nobel Peace Prize To Julian Assange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You're cherry-picking.

Arafat and the PLO were also responsible for great bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well, it makes sense to me to give the Nobel Peace Prize to Assange. Why not?

Might as well remove the last shred of credibility from the award.

If raising international tensions right around the world by releasing stolen classified documents isn't the true path to world peace then I don't know what is.

I doubt that this is a credible report...but I don't doubt the committee might actually do something like this. After the star-struck stunt they pulled back when Obama was a world-wide media darling and supposed saviour (of some sort), with no track record at all...and of course before he increased troops levels in Afghanistan and authorized ever higher levels of drones strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere (as any U.S. President would have done)...why not give the award to Assange?

The Nobel Prize is a joke. Assange is a joke. Perfect match!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You're cherry-picking.

Arafat and the PLO were also responsible for great bloodshed.

Out of all the things that piss me off, its people like you that talk down upon Palestinians and their history like you.

They are the most downtrodden people on Earth, given the same treatment that the Israelis endured and for what? Because they were too weak to stop Israel from acquiring the Palestinian territory from superior Israeli force. Then some Palestinians stand up for their people and you say they are wrong? You think Palestinians will accomplish anything by non-violence? Because the Israelis do not think that way, hence why they are extremely violent to Palestinians and Palestinian sympathizers at all times.

I wish I could go to Gaza right now with a video camera and film the situation just to show you what it is like. However, like those who have actually done this, I will probably be shot in the head by the IDF or run over by bulldozers. This is all considering I could even get inside the prison that is Gaza, because the Israeli government has already declared anyone who goes into Gaza to advocate for the Palestinians are actually "terrorists".

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Interesting...

You've went on a straw man rant. In your rebuttal you neither mentioned the PLO or Arafat.

I never brought up the average Palestinian. I brought up Arafat and his PLO.

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Interesting...

You've went on a straw man rant. In your rebuttal you neither mentioned the PLO or Arafat.

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Arafat formed and lead the PLO, which represented the common Palestinian. If you did not realize this, then I pity you.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Interesting...

Arafat formed and lead the PLO, which represented the common Palestinian. If you did not realize this, then I pity you.

Again, what does your straw man argument have to do with the terrorism Arafat so easily supported and sponsored?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Really interesting , and i want to say that he deserves it .You know that Sweden award the nobel prize to a dissident Liuu xiao bo ,so the prize now is crazy ...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join