It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: teenager arrested for DDoS attacks against Visa, PayPal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Very interesting. They're quick to arrest those committing DDoS attacks, but as yet, no moves have been made against WikiLeaks.

Shall be interesting to see where this goes.

On Thursday a 22-year-old man claiming to be a spokesman for the hackers vowed on British Broadcasting Corp. radio that the attacks would continue. "I see this as becoming a war, but not your conventional war—this is a war of data," said the man, identifying himself only as "ColdBlood." "We're trying to keep the Internet open and free for everyone."

Speaking with an English accent, he said he hasn't been in contact with WikiLeaks regarding the campaign, saying that it's "very hard to get hold of anyone from WikiLeaks."

Later in the day, however, a post on a Twitter page claiming to represent Operation Payback dismissed the idea that "ColdBlood" was a spokesman for the effort.

Seems that various hacking groups,. and individual hackers, are jumping on this trying to get notoriety.

Very interesting times are ahead, that is for sure. I know it is usual for people to jump on a news story trying to claim ideas as their own, but it seems to have stepped up to a whole new level over WikiLeaks.

Given the nature of this whole situation, it is incredibly difficult to say where all this is going.

My advice to you is if you are thinking of joining in with these DDoS attacks - don't. You are very likely to get caught.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/8192780/WikiLeaks-teenager-arrested-for-revenge-attacks.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Mods, if you can fix the links, it would be appreciated! Seems the system is broken, and I'm unable to fix them myself.
edit on 9-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
already posted today:

ats thread

new topics

join