It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA gropes and glass boxes indian ambassador to the us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
infowars claims the indian ambassador to the us was returning from a speaking engagement and was flagged because of her wearing a SARI. Supposedly she received an enhanced search in the glass box entrapment area.

Does anybody think the Indian Ambassador to the u.s. flies plain old cattle car commercial air???

TSA Subjects Indian Ambassador To US To Glass Cage, Enhanced Groping
The Indian embassy in Washington is to issue a formal complaint to the US State Department following the treatment of a leading Indian Diplomat at the hands of the TSA.

Indian Ambassador to the United States, Meera Shankar (pictured above with the president) was pulled out of a security line at Jackson-Evers International Airport in Mississippi, taken into what has become known as a TSA “glass cage”, and forced to undergo an enhanced pat-down in full public view.

It is believed that the TSA operatives flagged Ms. Shankar not because she set of the metal detector, but because she was wearing a sari, a long traditional Indian robe.

Despite making it known that she was an international diplomat and asking for the search to be conducted in private, the TSA led her into a glass box where not one but two agents proceeded to conduct what has been described by thousands of travelers as nothing less than groping akin to foreplay or sexual molestation.

The Ambassador was about to board a flight to Baltimore after attending an event at Mississippi State University.

“She is a very strong woman, but you could see in her face that she was humiliated,” Tan Tsai, a research associate at MSU’s International Security Studies center who witnessed the screening, told The Clarion-Ledger. “The Indian culture is very modest.”

“The way they pat them down, it was so humiliating,” Tsai added, “Anybody who passed by could see it.”

Janos Radvanyi, Chair of the MSU’s International Studies Department was quoted as saying, “She said, ‘I will never come back here.’ We are sending her a letter of apology,”

I didn' t find too many other references I was hoping to find the washington post
but all I found to corroborate is

s287439735.websitehome.co.uk...

edit on 9-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That's excellent that they are going to file a complaint.... another diplomatic embarrassment for TPTB and more weight for the anti-TSA argument. Yey!

second
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

The Indian embassy in Washington is to issue a formal complaint to the US State Department following the treatment of a leading Indian Diplomat at the hands of the TSA.

There in lies the problem. Why should anyone be treated different to anyone else, including his highness Obama and her highness Napolitano. Obama himself should be viewed naked and fondled by a low income worker everytime he enters his plane or helicopter.
edit on 12/9/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A Ambassador would be traveling under a diplomatic passport.

Someone at TSA is going to get a chewing out. or a reaming at the least.

My expectation is that diplomats will be added to the "do not touch" list, while citizens will still be considered suspected terrorists until proven otherwise.

top topics

join