It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Woman Pays Drug Addicts To Get Sterilized... Is This OK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Not sure what to think of it.

She sure as hell makes her point well.

She's adopted 5 crack babies and has come to the realization that the women wo keep popping them out, need to go on "long-term birth control".

I've got a problem with people paying the "underprivilaged" to get steralized, but what's teh alternative?

Abortions and foster kids?

What's your thoughts ATS?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I like it, now heres a free clinic that should be opened!
Damn I knew I didnt want kids and got fixed young, them man hate'n chickies at Planned Parenthood were more then willing to help me out, whats the big issue?
edit on 12/9/2010 by Patrioitinsheepclothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

If you like it, flag it so more people can see it! lol

I bet planned parenthood's eugenic loving population controllers were ecstatic to have a young man come in and get fixed! lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I'm ok with this. I think a lot more people besides just drug addicts should be sterilized. This will probably sound terrible but I actually hope that one day we develop a form of temporary sterilization. That can be implemented at birth, then when you want to have a child, you must go and become licensed to do so.

It seems like almost every act on this planet requires a license, except bringing another life into this world. There are just too many terrible parents and it is not making this world a better place.

The biggest responsibility that someone can ever face, requires no more than working genitalia.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If someone's willing to give up their ability to have children so they can support their addiction then they shouldn't be having kids anyway

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
yep it is a crazy world we live in these days that these are options presented to "solve" problems in the short term but there is definatley deeper seeded issues here and this isnt the complete answer

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I completely agree with you.This will only be a shortterm benefit if any. All human beings are capable of becoming addicts. All.All of us have some sort of "soft addiction".Be it food, video games, internet ect.The ignorance about addiction in this world is abundant.We treat addicts like scum and trash. And if no one believes in you how can you get believe in yourself? Addiction is not a choice and getting good help is the hardest thing in the world.I've seen my mother in and out of treatment centers for most my life, but eventually one took hold and was right for her. She is now married to a good man and leads a productive life. My point is that I can see why she is doing what she's doing. Really in the end it helps no one.I mean how long before we start sterilizing the poor, the uneducated, people with limps, lisps, autism, mentally retarded, those who are dyslexic,too fat, too skinny and the ugly? I mean where is the line?Does this really make our society better? A good head scratcher.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Sorry I was in the middle of a bowl and some conversation while I was typing, flagged!!

Yep theres a waiting period of a month after your interview before they will snip you, after explaining how I viewed kids (I brought up the sceen from "The Fly" where she gives birth to a maggot, I was granted my procedure within three days.
They put a spin on me at the last moment after shaving my nutz and having me slayed out on the table, they brought in a flaming gay Practicing Male Nurse, about 55yrs old, to do the deed.
I got them back at the end after getting my "V" card, I greatly expressed how I could go out and have a Chit load of unprotected sex, GOD I HATE CONDOMS I bellowed, as I hobbled out the door.
Since then Ive had 4 women that I wore condoms with come back and try to say its mine, two of them were on Fathers Day
I laugh and tell them they are at the wrong door and pull out my "V" card.....oohhh the look on their faces was Priceless
Proud to say I dont have any little bastards running around and tired of seeing to many men and women who need to get fixed as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is not what needs to be done. They are setting the drug addicts up for suicide or a life of misery when they finally come off. It is a very dehumanizing thing to do, to take advantage of someone in desperate need of help, and destroy their life all for the greater good. The greater good is a bunch of bull#, it is a cloak for the wicked.

What needs to be done here, is we need to stop people from becoming addicts in the first place. We need serious, truthful, long term and dedicated education in school. I'm talking 1 or even 2 years of substance education classes. Not this T.R.U.T.H. crap which pretty much tells kids very little, and tells them don't press the red button repeatedly for like an hour and that's it... What do you think kids are going to do?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Wow.

At the start I thought what she was doing was right.

Now after reading the comments, I think it's just a band-aid for the real problem.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

More preaching and mandatory schooling isnt going to solve this problem in my eyes, if so then all the drug and booze clinics would be working with better results. If someone is wanting to play with drugs, more schooling isnt going to keep them from their experiment. It will make it a safer experince for them, but it wont stop them from walking down that path, only that person can stop themself.
Yep I enjoy weed on a regular basis and mushrooms from time to time and would love to try a few other things out there. But I know what "Could" happen so I dont do them, its that simple.
I know what the out come "could" be and can resist, others cant and I see no reason why we should pay for them to have kids and shoot up. If they cant handle their buisness then lets try this method, more schooling sure hasnt cured the problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by Jeanius

I'm ok with this. I think a lot more people besides just drug addicts should be sterilized. This will probably sound terrible but I actually hope that one day we develop a form of temporary sterilization. That can be implemented at birth, then when you want to have a child, you must go and become licensed to do so.

It seems like almost every act on this planet requires a license, except bringing another life into this world. There are just too many terrible parents and it is not making this world a better place.

The biggest responsibility that someone can ever face, requires no more than working genitalia.

Hitler was attempting to do something similar actually. I agree too.Some people just shouldn't be able to have children, like people with diseases, or people who are mentally ill, etc. There should be a form of licensing to see if the parents are healthy and good enough to reproduce, after-all they are the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
To me this is a very touchy issue. I don't think this is okay, but at the same time I don't think people who are addicted to drugs should have children. If these people are willing to be sterilized for money then maybe it's okay for those people to be sterilized.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
if the drug addicts are doing it of their own free will, drug induced or not, then mind your own business. if they want to be sterilized its their business, not mine or yours.

top topics

join