It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

off with their heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
LONDON – Furious student protesters attacked a car carrying Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, vandalized buildings and battled riot police Thursday as a controversial hike in university fees triggered Britain's worst political violence in years.

In a major security breach, demonstrators set upon the heir to the throne's Rolls Royce as it drove through London's busy West End on its way to a theater. A group of up to 20 struck it with fists, sticks and bottles, breaking a window and splattering the gleaming black vehicle with paint.

In the frenzy, some chanted "off with their heads!"

now why cant things like this happen here?

it must be an LA thing

so what do yall think?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

You want people who in all reality have nothing to do with what the government does attacked and threatened? I think it would be akin to people attacking the Kardashians for something that the government has done.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

you're kidding, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
if that happened here to say the VP or even the Pres the SS would likely open fire on the protesters.
edit on 10-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i do not think attacking anybody is going to do any favors for the protesters, if anything it will just give the police more reason to use force, and less support for the protesters cause from other members of the public.

on the other hand i cannot help but feel some of these events are staged to provoke the protesters, maybe the wrong word, they are putting things in places 'knowing' what the outcome of it will be, in order to get the reaction they want so they can give bad publicity and to enable more force and get the rest of the population against the protesters. obviously i could be wrong, it is just a hunch.

in one protest a police van was left right in the middle of a demonstration, all the other vans were parked behind police lines, so what is going to happen there?

prince charles and camilla were going to their destination and just happened to go right through the protests?
surely the police and the security would of known where the protest was and avoided it at all costs, surely they are fully informed about all possible dangers to figure heads/ important people before they even plan their root.

it just does not make sense to me, it seems to me they are creating situations they know will end in trouble, to use to their advantage. but i hope i am wrong.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Lol I am glad that I am not the only one who thought that... The first thing that popped into my head "What the hell was the driver thinking? Maybe they hoped to make a martyr out of the "prince", although I saw nothing that was even close to an attack....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You have thousands of protesters protesting against the establishment then the very embodiment of establishment tries to drive through them talk about red rag to a bull.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I posted this:

From what I can work out, it was a bit of a balls-up. The protestors didn't do quite what the Police wanted and ended up scattering in many different directions. The route for the Royal packet would have been planned well in advance. It looks like a breakdown in communication between the Royal close protection detail and Gold Command who should have been monitoring the whereabouts of the rioters at a tactical level. The CP should have been aware that the situation on the ground was fluid and kept communications open to monitor the situation to adapt the route as necessary. It was interesting to see how they left the Royal Variety Performance - in a series of blacked out Police armoured vans, not very glamorous!

In this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread may be of interest to those posting here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And also this:

I'm not denying the existence of Flase Flag events, but... I really don't think the PTB would have used the Heir to the British Throne, The Prince of Wales, as the bait in an operation of this nature. The risks involved are simply too high and the unthinkable could have happened. There are just too many variables in that situation to place him at risk, imo. The riot alone is enough of an excuse to crack down on Public protest

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chukka

And also this:

I'm not denying the existence of Flase Flag events, but... I really don't think the PTB would have used the Heir to the British Throne, The Prince of Wales, as the bait in an operation of this nature. The risks involved are simply too high and the unthinkable could have happened. There are just too many variables in that situation to place him at risk, imo. The riot alone is enough of an excuse to crack down on Public protest

maybe you are right, in which case we will be hearing in the news of an inquiry of how the security to protect them failed, and heads will roll. because they were put in a life threating situation that could of easily been avoided.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

My thoughts entirely.

BTW, loving the sig.

new topics

top topics

join