It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very disturbing video involving teen, and Video Game.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hmm interesting...like I always tell people it's about the people not the game they are playing. If the person playing the games can't handle them they shouldn't be playing. I've played video games for years and still do, but I've never ever gotten violent over one. Yeah you get wrapped up sometimes but it's not different than people watching sports or a good movie.

I see reports that video games make people violent or have certain tendancies but it's really the children/people that have the problem. My first reaction is why is he playing that long, I neve had time restrictions but I had self control...why doesn't he have any? Where are the parents? Maybe they should have a talk with him...or raise him better. People use video games as an excuse to push violent behavior off onto something else...but really if a kid will go off on a game what happens when he gets really pissed at someome?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have the game and I beat the game. (ps3) It was fun and I had no bad thoughts wile playing. I think the game is just mentioned as a story line in His rant. To let the viewer know what he has been doing up to this point. I don't beleave the game is making Him crazy.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everwatcher33My first reaction is why is he playing that long, I neve had time restrictions but I had self control...why doesn't he have any? Where are the parents? Maybe they should have a talk with him...or raise him better. People use video games as an excuse to push violent behavior off onto something else...but really if a kid will go off on a game what happens when he gets really pissed at someome?

Yeah 17 hours is alot of time! thats why i think the game mustve got to him. Anyone who plays that long couldn't be in the best mental state. Video games have this way of turning your brains into mush the longer you play, sort of draining your ability to think properly.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Mhm, you don't have to believe me but it's true, keep in mind that he's playing Multi-player were he's in contact with other people, and trust me sometimes they can really piss you off, I get called the N word quite often while playing and sometimes it just just gets to me and I lose it. I see the guy in the video doing the same but for another reason.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I got quite unbelievably angry while trying to complete the "Flying School" mission in GTA San Andreas, and I am not an angry person at all

edit on 10-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Mhm, you don't have to believe me but it's true, keep in mind that he's playing Multi-player were he's in contact with other people, and trust me sometimes they can really piss you off, I get called the N word quite often while playing and sometimes it just just gets to me and I lose it. I see the guy in the video doing the same but for another reason.

wait he did it before? So its some emo thing he likes to do? And N word? thats normal? Those big games attract the worst kind of people, but if I heard something like that I would just leave the game.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
oh ya, thats nothing, once I lost at a game of Contra: I stomped on my cats neck, pulled my .45 shot a hole through the TV screen, and set my curtains on fire........J/K!!! LOL This poor dude, needs a scrip for medical cannabis, and a good spanking to set him strait....... This is embarrassing, and we wonder why there are people out there trying to ban all the good games.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
mix that with some good music and you got...

*Graphic Warning*

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Huh? I don't know the guy, I'm just saying that it's not really the game that makes you mad it's the people, I don't think they're like that in real life but while playing a video game they will say things that they hope will make you wanna quit, it's like trash talking but the older guys are really quick to use racial slurs.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Emotionall troubled teen, easiest into a video game addiction, it takes them away from reality.
He seemed really disturbed, maybe hes being brainwashed to join the army lol jk

But seriously its not the game, its his personality, there is something wrong with him as a person, the game isnt doing anything. Perhaps the violence of the game is causing an emotional reaction (sentive in some way?) I wonder if this teen acts out like this in front of others, or when no one is around?

The parents need to help thier kid and not shove violence into his face, because that is another probelm with the world, although video games are not harmful, to mentally unstable people, they could be a bad influence, and cause that person to carry out terrible acts of violence.

keep an eye on that kid, hes either going to kill himself or try to kill someone else.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I thought this was terribly sad. This boy is full of despair that has nothing to do with the game. I've seen gaming rage and frustration, and it doesn't look like this. This was a sad child feeling frustrated and disappointed. The milk on his mouth and weak punches just made him seem like the kid he is. My heart went out to him.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

That's what I immediately thought too, but it wasn't him who posted it. In the description, it clearly says "This is not me".

Still, I didn't even want to watch the whole thing. It's sad, disgusting, and disturbing all rolled into one. It's obviously easy to blame the game, but that's far from this kid's problem. Personally, if I saw my own (theoretical) child throwing tantrums like that at that age, I'd immediately think "where did I go wrong".

Again, though, you can't really point the finger at one set party for this kid's behavior, but I place a large part of the blame on the parents.

I truly and deeply feel sorry him, and I hope he can find the help he needs.

edit on 10-12-2010 by oaf21 because: Edit to add sympathies

edit on 10-12-2010 by oaf21 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
LOL this vid never fails to make me laugh

Here's a remix.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
sucks there is just really nothing left to do for these kids out there without breaking some kind of law or getting cracked on the head with a billy.

teach the children well...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

The majority of all gamers have experienced game rage. I still experience it from time to time and im 23 f*cking years old. It doesnt make someone emo for going through game rage. Every person I know that plays games freak out fromt ime to time. For instance when your stuck on a boss and you just try and try and try and try for days to beat it. that gets so freakin frustrating. I am not spoiled in any way but i have broken many controllers and hand helds over game rage. Everytime after i calm down and think about what i had just done i feel like an idiot but it just tends to happen. It doesnt mean a person is a loner, and it surely doesnt mean that the person is on drugs. It doesnt really mean the person has some mental problem and needs help but maybe so with this kid who really knows accept for his family and he cannot be to young as he has a tattoo if you look you can see it peeking out from under his shirt. so please dont jump to the old he must be on drugs and i seen a person say they have seen people rage while on methadone. i think you maybe mean meth as methadone is similar to heroin and makes people relaxed and knocks them out.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

This video is perfect evidence for any organization that wants to control or ban makers, buyers and users of any video type game i.e. look what it does to the youth of today. Ban it. When it comes to the bottom line the rhetoric is violence begets violence. One of the biggest fallacies around. The most important collection of information ever that disputes all the scenarios of any evidence that supports this reasoning is the aftermaths of two world wars. If anyone ever suggest that violence begets violence just remind them that hundreds of thousands of men and women fought in these wars and saw more violence, bloodshed and mutilated bodies yet this did not lead to mass murderers or mass insanity or any other type of violent behavior. The only, and I mean the only.reason for any misbehavior on the part of watching violent films or playing violent games is purely down to the mind of the wather or player. This youth on the video is a complete and utter doombrain.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

And thats whats scary!!

Noone died, lost a member or a home, just a game.

So what messages are we sending to these kids? Thats it ok?

I'll be damned if my kid breaks her electronics because she couldnt pass the game and control her anger. I would see that as a huge problem. Im trying to raise my kid to know right from wrong, truth from lies, etc, to be HUMAN.

I played a game (Resident Evil 4 Gamecube) for 24 hours straight. nothing happened to me. I even lost(at Krauser on professional) but I didn't get mad at the game.

The only games I got mad at are Super Mario Kart for SNES,final fantasy tactics 1.3 Hack and Super Mario Bros lost worlds.
edit on 10-12-2010 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
Amen... I'm a pretty hardcore gamer myself and I did my share of amphetamine/methamphetamine until two years ago when I stop that #... and EVEN back then on speeds I couldn't play 17 hours straight... Even when wired to second level... I wouldn't of been able to sit there 17 hours straight... This kid needs professional help, pretty quick too....

I've done about 20h with settlers 2 once. No drugs involved, just tons of coffee and cigs. After I finished and wen't to bed I still saw those little geologist going at it with their hammers. It's all about immersion. If a game 'sucks you in' you wont even notice time passing. This guy obviously had trouble because he didn't like the game imho.

link   
virtual reality is great social problem & that carries no less threat per se than Natural Disasters.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Imagine though had he played for 27 hours straight? I mean that what all real gamers do.
And then we punch walls.
This kid was premature in his wall punching.
At 17 hours all we do is kick the coffee table.

Imagine had mad he would have been had he broken his gaming hand.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join