It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very disturbing video involving teen, and Video Game.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
God, i remember the days of the atari 2600, when the joystick broke, i became an expert in soldering, couldnt afford new controllers
I'm a gamer as most people know, I can spend HOURS playing fallout, world of warcraft, etc etc, but when I die, i'm like dammit and go on, had the same attitude when I'd play pac man on atari or whatever i was playing, you NEVER threw joysticks or went into 'gamer rage', if you did your friends made fun of ya..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thank you for your response

My daughter has a t.v in her room but it is not to turn on whenever she feels like it and I control when, what, and how long.

I have 3 playstations, not 1 in her room. Everything that is online, weather it's social, gaming, or even learning games, I monitor. I used to let her play more often (weekdays after homework and chores), but I noticed the frustration growing when she would spend more time gaming. Now, she is not allowed on weekdays unless it's the computer for learning, in which I am present and watch what goes on.

I agree that drugs do not need to be involved. I do not perceive him as a monster, but I do think there is a problem there if what he was expressing was real.

Im sure the parents have a huge hand in this.

I know I have to really monitor my youngest sons video game habits, because he is prone to frustrations while playing. He lives with his father, but when he is here he tends to get upset because I limit play time. Its my house, my tv, and as the bread winning adult, I determine use of TV.

What if you didnt do that? What if I didnt decrease the amount of time online for my child?

It's insane thats there's actually parents out there who would happily replace the things their kid destroys in anger.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

17 hours straight?? Wow. I think he is a really Gamer-Addict. Anyway it´s very sad thing to see the youth of today, reacting like that. Very sad thing indeed. Peace

Thank you.

Seems more people think this is normal and acceptable.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

God, i remember the days of the atari 2600, when the joystick broke, i became an expert in soldering, couldnt afford new controllers I'm a gamer as most people know, I can spend HOURS playing fallout, world of warcraft, etc etc, but when I die, i'm like dammit and go on, had the same attitude when I'd play pac man on atari or whatever i was playing, you NEVER threw joysticks or went into 'gamer rage', if you did your friends made fun of ya..

Lol, At that time one can get pissed off at Atari and vent by going OUTSIDE! It was still a cool thing back then, play for a few, then head outside in the sun and play physical games with real people! Stickball, SOMETHING!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I dunno, manic miner and chuckie egg used to have me throwing stuff about in rage
(Atari 800XL)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Maybe the poor fellow needs some cheat codes for the game so he can have an advantage. Not sure if they have a "God Mode" that gives you invincibility.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

I wonder what compelled him to post this video anyways, what would be the motive behind this? Maybe he was being paid to do this so they can ban it at a PTA meeting. Just my 2 cents

I posted a YouTube video that was 10 seconds long, demonstrating the zoom level of a camera that I bought. That video made over $100 in 2 weeks (you can link youtube videos to a google ad account). Idiots who post these "emo rage" videos get tens of thousands of views and rake in the cash.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Interesting, I didnt think about that...

So i can make really dumb videos or pretend I have social and emotional or anger issues and as long as people watch and It's linked with google ads...and make money??

Think i'll start recording and playing now, throw my controller through my t.v, chew my boots and toss my ps3's out the window...I would generate money by the end of the day??
edit on 10-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Looks pretty fake, and whats with milk part?
Some things about the video

+Kid looks like his high on drugs
+Fake acting, (Punching his hands into the wall like a girl)
+Huh audio? his really talking or did someone toned up the volume?

(Right we should believe this kid who claims who played Modern warfare for 18 hours? sorry looks pretty staged)

I have seen pretty better videos then his.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
these are the first signs of the Zombie virus taking hold, haven't you guys watched those movies ? damn !

I feel bad for what will be left of the survivors in Britain when WWZ breaks out. no guns must really suck...

it the T.V. (T-Virus)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Honestly he’s high.

I would not blame cod for this, I have been to all night lan parties (sad i know) and never seen anyone go crazy playing games.

If he cant handle playing the game, he shouldn’t play it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looks like plain immaturity to me coupled with a probable sugar high.
the kid was most likely drinking some kind of energy drink the whole time
and is highly under nourished.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This reminds me of the gamer rage my cousin would get playing Sega Genesis when we were kids. I swear, he went through like sixteen controllers on various games and broke several carts by throwing them at the walls...goood times. Good thing controllers cost 55 bucks now, kind of prevents that behavior when you gotta fork out that much money haha.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I can't seem to conjure up one short penny of pity for that kid. And remember... he IS a kid. A whiney one at that. I play console games all the time, destroy them in 6 hours, and move on to the next one, thus i rent, not buy.

Take Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I anticipated the release for so long, and then beat it in 10 hours, got all the unlockables, ripped some face on multiplayer, and yea, I was a bit upset that a game I waited so long for was destroyed in 10 hours, but I didn't go hit a wall, drink milk, and break my webcam...

This kid needs help, I'll give him that, but if he thinks embarrassing himself on Youtube is some form of therapy, then he should just go cry to mommy, because maybe, just maybe, she'll care more than anyone this guy will ever meet on Youtube.

It's kids like this that shouldn't be allowed to play Xbox, PS3, or even the Wii. They can't handle a loss, they can't handle smack-talk, I bet everyone on Live or PSN calls him Harry Potter, because that's what the internet gaming chat is for... smacktalk and they will do anything in their power to destroy your self confidence.

BTW, the ESRB rating on the game is Mature... one feature this child doesn't carry. So to the cashier that rang him out, or the parents who bought him this game because they thought he could handle it. Great Job, you just upped the dumb ratio in this world one percentile...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I don't know where you live, but you are more than welcome to come punch the walls in my house as hard as you like. I will put $100 on it that you break your hand long before you make a hole!

On topic: I'm not sure if this is fake or not. If it is real this boy needs some help.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not surprised. But it has to be said that Call of Duty is a very dull game. A better game is Battlefield and it got the best gaming community too.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

AT risk of going of topic, the gaming community on COD is really bad, maybe thats what made him go mad.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That sh*t was hilarious.

Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Let me be honest, I'm 19 years old I play COD for at least 8 hours everyday and I've done some really stupid things after losing too, so I really think this is normal. Maybe you guys don't understand have important this game is to some of us but it's really important to me and a lot of my friends and sometimes we get frustrated with people that exploit glitches, cheat, ect and we do some pretty irrational things soon after the game is over but we always come back to our senses, so don't worry
Oh and btw I'm talking about when we play MP.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by DuneKnight

AT risk of going of topic, the gaming community on COD is really bad, maybe thats what made him go mad.

No one punches a wall like that though in front of a camera. I know its somewhat normal to have teens do all sorts of things when they are angry but could the game have created that violent reaction?

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Let me be honest, I'm 19 years old I play COD for at least 8 hours everyday and I've done some really stupid things after losing too, so I really think this is normal. Maybe you guys don't understand have important this game is to some of us but it's really important to me and a lot of my friends and sometimes we get frustrated with people that exploit glitches, cheat, ect and we do some pretty irrational things soon afterwards the game but we always come back to our senses, so don't worry
Oh and btw I'm talking about when we play MP.

You cant tell me this is normal. Sure its competitive but nothing to make someone do that.
edit on 10-12-2010 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join