It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very disturbing video involving teen, and Video Game.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well...thats our future :S

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Mode please move if needed.

Came across this video and I have no idea what to think about this. Seems the kid in the video was upset from playing Call of Duty 17hrs straight. He lost. But the next part was very disturbing as you will see...

what was going on here?
edit on 9-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

He was punching a wall that had bricks or solid wood behind the plaster - then he felt gutless for the first punch hurting and continued to punch the wall which hurt so much it caused him to cry. He was already burnt out from sitting in front of a computer playing a videogame for 17hrs solid - which btw is insane.

cod mw & mw2 are apparently crap.

I'd suggest the wierdest thing is that he stuck with the game for 17hrs trying to 'enjoy it' and found it 'just isn't my game man..."

Which is what he seems most dissapointed about - that he couldn't bring himself to enjoy the game.

Extreme reaction, maybe he needs some love & attention in his life

-B.M
edit on 9/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

He's not mad because he lost, ....

but because he thinks the game sucks,

waiting months and months for it to come out, just to get let down.

poor lil buckaroo, ... he just needs a friends or two.

Maybe his parents had that outlook and thats why he acts like that. He definately needs more than a couple of friends, maybe a couple of lithium.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
if he played Grand Theft Auto he wouldnt be sad and kicking himself, instead he would be picking up pixel hookers and squashing pedestrians like normal people do.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Very sad. My heart goes out to that young fellow...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I feel bad for him too. When MAG came out, I bought the PS3 just for that game. Later, i moved on to Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops. What most players of online games (especially first person shooters) fail to remember, or simply don't know, is that lag and latency have a major effect on whether or not you "win" the shootout. (and consequently, the match) Most people, (me included) get mad when they clearly see on their screen that they were a second or whatever ahead and shot first, yet die. There are programs written into the code of all those type games that factor in your latency and isp speed vs. the opposing players latency and isp speed and gives the win to the player it "thinks" SHOULD have won the shootout. Which isn't always you. The reason for this is that, say, a Japanese player with a 1 gigabyte per second internet speed would always win vs a player in america with a 1 MEGABYTE per second [slower] connection speed. It just kinda tries to even the playing field, but it is software and doesn't always decide very well. [rarely in my opinion lol]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And I thought I was angry when Rabbit died at the end...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The thought of something like THAT changing my diapers when Im in the nursing home makes the death panels seem merciful.

I have a teen.. the kids now are weird. I mean.. seriously NOT normal. The TV and videogames are their parents.. his mommy dissed him and he had a tantrum. Plus, I cant tell you how many kids never get out of the house and mingle with real flesh humans.. between the computers and the game consoles they have no idea how to behave normally.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Or younger people mimicking the dramas played out in these outlets and when they do get with real people probably their peer groups in schools they do it together because it is normal. I notice trends like this in the college i go to with some of the younger freshmen, I dont know of any that I could hold conversation with unless Im asking about a game or something like that. There is some really strange trends out there. We dont have an AV club anymore however they do have a Halo Reach "squad"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I want to know how much caffeine he had to wear himself out on a game for that long. I have punched walls. I had a hell of a lot better reason than a game. It's better to hit a wall than hit someone else but many people think to fight is how kids are supposed to be so why should this surprise anyone? I think he was mentally exhausted.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I agree. He looks underage to me, where were his parents? But then again there are some parents who dont care how long theyre kids are "gaming", as long as theyre "behaving".

I see him and I think of a loner, someone who has a problem dealing with anger.
Im a big COD fan and i've spent alot of time playing but theres no way im playing even 6hrs straight (anymore)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Dude you gave some pretty bad examples, The video I posted was disturbing as the kid was hurting himself. The videos you posted makes someone want to hurt them (they were pretty annoying but harmless nonetheless)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Brotherman, I would assume he did it for attention. This youtube page isnt his and I dont know where it came from but I wish I can ask him.....WHY???

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I couldn't agree more!! It used to be annoying driving down a narrow street and theres 10 kids pissed because they have to stop for you to pass by...

Something that was taken for granted when now those same streets are empty.

Kids used to walk together in groups to and from school, chatting loudly for everyone to hear...now they walk together with headphones on, pretty quiet...

Kids used to go to their friends house and pick them up to play outside...now you never go outside just send a game invite on the console.

As time goes by these kids become more isolated...They dont build their social skills anymore, they build their technological skills.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
reply to post by Segador

Doesnt the time it takes to finish a game like that depend on skill? I know if I tried to play a game like that it would takes ages

But this is a "pick up and play" sort of game, it hardly takes any form of skill.
A 5 year old can beat it in a few hours, why the game costed 60 bucks at all blows my mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is the funniest thing I have seen on ats. Should be top forum pick. Give up people, he is lost

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's funny, but then I feel bad.

The dude needs a friend to hang out with... and stuff....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Im still leaning towards some kind of substance abuse of some for sorts to much energy drinks mixed with some kind of drug or alcohol. IDK in my opinion I think he was whacked on something, sleep deprived, and has tendancies like I have read about in regards to people "tweeking out" on potent meth products, but I am not an expert just making an observational opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Clearly a fine example of why we are being targeted for elimination as useless eaters by the powers that be,
just a space taker.
Wonder where Mum and Dad are, for the last few years?
Oh that's right slaving to the debt machine, no doubt.
We need to really change. Sad

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
kid's an idiot, bottom line

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join