It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Quantum Teleportation of Energy Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
www.dailygalaxy.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/575a31c1df81.gif[/atsimg]

Quote from source:
There is an increasing awareness among the world's scientific community that the properties of the universe are best described not by the laws that govern matter but by the laws that govern information, which appears to be true for the quantum world, is true for special relativity, and is now being explored for general relativity.

Using the same quantum principles that enable the teleportation of information, a proposal by Japanese physicist Masahiro Hotta of Tohoku University shows how it may be possible to teleport energy. By exploiting the quantum energy fluctuations in entangled particles, physicists may be able to inject energy in one particle, and extract it in another particle located light-years away. The proposal could lead to new developments in energy distribution, as well as a better understanding of the relationship between quantum information and quantum energy.

What an interesting article and I thought I had to share it with all of you.

I had to share it to get others opinions on the subject. This could revolutionize all of our electrical needs.

Who cares about wires and wire-less technology if energy could be teleported? You could literally have power anywhere on Earth.

This has endless possibilities.

And it seems as if China has been thinking about this for a while;

Quote from source:

Last year, The Daily Galaxy reported on China's eventual goal to extract Helium 3 from the Moon. The Wikileaks extracts shown below show that China's Earth-bound efforts in advanced esoteric science are equally impressive, ranging from nuclear fusion as a sustainable means to produce energy to quantum teleportation. Teleportation has long been a cornerstone of countless science-fiction novels, movies and television series. The scientific reality of teleportation (image left), Star Trek notwithstanding, is a long way off. Until recently it had been considered an impossibility, but with the advent of quantum teleportation this is starting to change, though slowly.

Ouyang Ziyuan, head of China's first phase of lunar exploration, was quoted on government-sanctioned news site ChinaNews.com describing plans to collect three dimensional images of the Moon for future mining of Helium 3: "There are altogether 15 tons of helium-3 on Earth, while on the Moon, the total amount of Helium-3 can reach one to five million tons."

Source

To be able to get the Helium here from the moon through teleportation would be amazing. There goes the energy crisis.

Like I said endless possibilities.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 9-12-2010 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hmmm i cant help but feel its along the same lines of technology that my fathers tv uses, Its wireless you see theres no cable between the plug and the Tv itself, Now i have no idea where he got this TV but i personally find it amazing that energy is travelling through nothing, ill try and find what tech is involved in this

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nice find mate

Quantum teleportation is entierly possible. Nice to see TPTB are actuly treating Quantum non locality and engalgement with abit more respect.

Although im a little baffled as to why they would limit the technology to just power distribution. Quantum entaglement is essentialy the theory that certain particles and sub atomic particles exist in the same spacetime in the 3rd dimension.

Regardless of distence between the 2 particles (or 1 particle for those keeping track), if you do somthing to one it effects the other, hence the title entaglement. Its been proven in a lab ofcourse but if you can can "energise" or "charge" a particle and get the quantum duplicate to do the same then its not technically teleportation. It appears for all intensive purposes that thats what you;v done but in reality you simply charged the 1 single particle in 2 locations at the same time.

Its abit hard to explain because i keep refering to them as 2 particles when infact thier actuly one particle that exsists in 2 places. This is the basis of quantum technology.

Power distribution would certainly be the first step in developing this technology for sure, but once you have a firm understanding a suitable technology to implement such a feat of engineering, it literately is a hop and a skip to "teleporting" physical matter.

I beilve there is a company cuirently developing quantum processors that work on the same principal. Normal computer processors have trillions of tiny transisters inside them that singal themselves to 2 states on or off. Or to a techie "1" or "0". However A quantum computer can utilize transisters inside the processor that can occupy the same state in 2 locations. In laymans terms the transsisters would ahve to be 1 or 0....they could be both. This would increase processing power expenentionaly.....i mean were talking 1000's of times faster then todays computers.

Ill try and find the name of the company that developed the Quantum chip prototype, will post its here when i find it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Quantum chips around since 2005 or so....this one is from 2009
physicsworld.com...
The thing is, how do you put the same or two of the same particle in place so you can do this?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here's some background info:

Physicists Report the 'Impossible': Teleporting a Particle's Properties
By MALCOLM W. BROWNE
Published: December 16, 1997
select.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
lol i was looking for a video on you tube that explains quantum entanglement to make it easier to understand and i found this. Kinda like a kids version. This is the stuff they should be teaching in schools! lol

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There is a thread on ATS that talks about how energy is produced from a vacuum that means, no transportation needed, just produce a vacuum and you have power.

Well sounds easer.

js

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Interesting article!

from the article in the OP:

physicist Masahiro Hotta of Tohoku University shows how it may be possible to teleport energy. By exploiting the quantum energy fluctuations in entangled particles, physicists may be able to inject energy in one particle, and extract it in another particle located light-years away.

That doesn't seem unreasonable except for one problem:

How are you going to get the entangled particles light years away? Entangled particles don't normally form at that distance, do they?

I thought the entangled particles formed near each other, and they were separated in experiments?

top topics

join