It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approximately 20 or so Hummer military vehicles unloaded by boat at Camp Hero in Montauk, New York

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker110

My gut feeling is that something very unsettling is going to happen soon. I have not posted on this thread again recently because I have nothing of true value to share yet. The only thing I have been told is that 'traffic' out at the base has increased. Anyone who knows where Camp Hero is knows there is no where to go except the base (part of it is open as a state park), the ocean or the lighthouse. The only way to get to Montauk by car is Route 27, and it ends at the point where the base and lighthouse are. It is winter now, what could possibly be going on in the dead of winter there? Normally when I receive information like this I drive the 2 hours out to Montauk. This time my gut is saying to stay away.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

Can you find out where it was supposed to be exactly - I'm not picturing where they could ... Just not visualizing where it could happen..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I live on Long Island and my family has a summer/vacation home along the Napeague stretch between Amagansett and Montauk so I am somewhat familiar with that whole area.

reply to post by Bordon81

The area in question in your post is an residential area known as "Montauk Hills" just north of "Ditch Plains" and "the moorland" - somewhat well known local surfing and fly fishing spots.

Montauk's only current military activity is the US Coast Guard station on Star Island. Camp Hero was transferred from the US Army to the US Air Force after World War II and operated as Montauk Air Force Station until it closed in the early 1980s. The US Navy base was located some distance away in the Fort Pond Bay area along Navy Road. That area was actually where Montauk village was located until it was destroyed in the 1938 hurricane and moved more towards where it is located today around Lake Montauk.

edit on 6-1-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If this area is dead right now that would be the perfect time for them to do this right under our noses.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by QuidEstVerita

I am heading out that way very soon. As much as I know I should stay away, some sort of internal force is pulling me out there. I don't want to post 'when' and put 'certain people' on notice

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

20 hwmmvs is hardly enough to field a company. Besides, if my experience is relevant, 1/3 of them will be deadlined with class III oil leaks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i seen about 20 of them on the back of military trucks heading towards the forest of dean in Gloucestershire uk which i find stranger?????

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Apparently something is going on around the world right now. The governments are all preparing for whatever it is. Eventually 'if' all speculations are correct we will find out. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The HMMWV is being decommissioned by the U.S. Military in the next year or so. It is entirely possible that the vehicles that were seen were being taken to a sale or auction.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

I don't think you realize where the base is situated. Montauk is the furthest point on the southern fork of Long Island. These vehicles were brought by boat to the base. There is no reason to bring them to the base by boat so they can drive them west towards NYC. Makes no sense. Look at a map and you will understand what I am saying. Trust me if you are going to auction off vehicles it is not going to be in Montauk.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Still not sure what is going on up there. But I know that Camp Hero - Fort Montauk was shut down by the government in the 90's. It was then sold the State of New York and turned into a state park. There is even a Boys and Girls Camp on the grounds now. Like previous posters have suggested 20 Hmmwv is hardly enough to set up much more than a small guard force. Even then there are better more equipped less expensive vehicles on the market.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

There is not a Boys and Girls club on the base. I know the base like the back of my hand. A third of the base is still off limits, I am guessing due to liability. I can say I personally know not all of the underground is flooded out! I was out there all last summer. I did notice some quirky things while out near the point each time. But I chalked it up to renovations of the buildings being made into museums. My daughter hates going on the base, she is 'sensitive' and swears 'something bad is there'. For a young child she is 90% of the time right with her feelings or things she 'knows'. The 'East hampton Senior Center' which was located on the border of the North West gate is now privately owned. What senior would want to travel at least 45 minutes to get to a senior center? So I imagine it wasn't very popular. And each time I went by in previous years it was desolate. So that doesn't surprise me. Many years ago my father worked out there on occassion he was a federal employee working at a private industry on Long Island, which involved 'classified' stuff. Alot of what went on in Montauk is now going on in Sag Harbor at a secluded base.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I cant for the life of me figure where they would unload the vehicles it is all bluffs there that are mostly a stinker to climb down to fish even ... And there are bunches of Hummers in the area it is the vehicle people with lots of disposable income drive so they wouldn't have to sneak them in - just drive them on one of the ferries going to the North Fork from Conneticut painted in different colors and no one would think a thing about them being in the area.

And where in Sag Harbor is this base? I grew up in the areas mentioned and know the area pretty well but I can't think of where it could be.

My mind is pretty open and I love reading about this subject. Heck I swear my father and I saw a UFO early one morning just before dawn looking south towards the ocean - so I love reading subjects about the area. I just need more details about locations ...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Nothing unusual about moving military vehicles by means other than driving. Far faster, and simpler to coordinate. Here, would be a train. There, if boats work, use boats. I don't see a mystery here.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Though I find nothing odd about 20 or so Humvees being off loaded at a defunct base, lots of times used for just storage or handed off to the National Guard (I have one in my are in upstate NY and see activity at it regularly) nor is it odd for them to be doing it by a means other than driving, for a few reasons. One is not to upset the public with a movement of Military forces in there area and two is the cost and ease of transport, you can have 4 guys operate the boat and 4 more unload the Humvees rather than having personal for all 20. Both of which numerous people have stated. They may be placed there for long term storage, auction, rotation, or decommission, though it will probably be much longer than a year before they are decommissioned as someone stated. they may start but they would want to get a large number of vehicles to replace the "fleet". Again as others have stated.

I do find this interesting about the feds owning the underground still. Even if it is flooded or decaying, the state, having Park Rangers in the area could do the job just as well if not better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join