It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear: and its relevance in your lives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I feel that in these times of Opression and Heroes a few words should be said on Fear:

Within a system which denies the existence of basic human rights, fear tends to be the order of the day. Fear of imprisonment, fear of torture, fear ofdeath, fear oflosing friends, family, property or means of livelihood, fear of poverty, fear of isolation, fear of failure. A most insidious form of fear is that which masquerades as common sense or even wisdom, condemning as foolish, reckless, insignificant or futile the small, daily acts of courage which help to preserve man's self-respect and inherent human dignity. It is not easy for a people conditioned by fear under the iron rule of the principle that might is right to free themselves from the enervating miasma of fear. Yet even under the most crushing state machinery courage rises up again and again, for fear is not the natural state of civilized man.

The wellspring of courage and endurance in the face of unbridled power is generally a firm belief in the sanctity of ethical principles combined with a historical sense that despite all setbacks the condition of man is set on an ultimate course for both spiritual and material advancement. It is his capacity for self-improvement and self-redemption which most distinguishes man from the mere brute. At the root of human responsibility is the concept of peffection, the urge to achieve it, the intelligence to find a path towards it, and the will to follow that path if not to the end at least the distance needed to rise above individual limitations and environmental impediments. It is man's vision of a world fit for rational, civilized humanity which leads him to dare and to suffer to build societies free from want and fear. Concepts such as truth, justice and compassion cannot be dismissed as trite when these are often the only bulwarks which stand against ruthless power.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yes. fear is sometimes fun. especially during really scary movies or in a haunted house when the girls are squealing, and one of them is your cousin who has problems with her bladder and she pees in her clothes, but it stinks on the way home and your aunt and your other cousin get sorta mad and say you mustve spilled beer on her and you really didnt although you might have had a little snort of brown liquor out in the yard a little while ago before you went inside cause it was sort of rainy and cold.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Loving the detail and thought you put into that
It really made me think about women, piss and beer

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Fear has been a huge factor in my life. I am told by others to face my fears. I believe it too.
I try... then I look around at others and all I see is their own fears crippling them... even people I was certain didn't have fear like that. Maybe everything I see in life is just an illusion. Maybe none of this is real. Maybe fear is all there really is... driving us to delude ourselves with all these urgent causes.

What other measure is there but to face it when running from it only leads us in circles?
Even if we still are getting nowhere, at least we are not exhausting ourselves trying to outpace fear.

new topics

top topics

join