It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Ackroyd on aliens and ghosts / Jimmy Kimmel Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Check this out. Dan Ackroyd on Jimmy Kimmel Live claiming they have professional photo analysis of the LA contrail.That it is "not" a jet but an "orb".
Dan Ackroyd does not give very many interviews so I thought I would share this one with you guys.He comes out with some interesting ideas under MUFON consultant, regarding the UFO phenomenon.
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dan Ackroyd is a legend.I saw a real good documentary with Dan giving his ideas on UFO's and Aliens.
It was very compelling he is one smart guy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I love Dan Ackroyd and I saw the other interview you mentioned ... off to bed now (early start in the morning and it's already 1am here) but just saved this thread to watch the clips tomorrow ... thanks for sharing

Woody

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dan Aykroyd is great, I also seen and own that documentary you are talking about. Great documentary it was, he smokes more than I do through it lol.

Thanks for the videos, this will keep me entertained until bed time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Do any of you guys know the name of the documentary?
I tried to find more info on the supposed image enhancements of the orb he claims the LA contrails are.
Anybody hear or see more about this?
Thanks,
Fish

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have the utmost respect for
Mr. Ackroyd.

I'll have to disagree with his
assessment though.

Things must be really hard up
at MUFON lately with the
need for a marketing boost.

But I will keep an eye on it to
see what evidence he can
produce as a show of good
faith.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Did he mention his telepathic message from what turned out to be a phony UFO?

See the claims here:

Dan Aykroyd Describes 'Telepathic Encounter' with East Coast Pseudo-UFO
www.jamesoberg.com...

and the rational explanation here:

Great East Coast UFO” of August 1986 – The "Space Solution”
www.csicop.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
And didn't he say he hav real video of the o'hare UFO, that he said was going to be released in an upcoming vid? That was like, two years ago and so far nothing.....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Did he mention his telepathic message from what turned out to be a phony UFO?

See the claims here:

Dan Aykroyd Describes 'Telepathic Encounter' with East Coast Pseudo-UFO
www.jamesoberg.com...

and the rational explanation here:

Great East Coast UFO” of August 1986 – The "Space Solution”
www.csicop.org...

Thank god for yours and boondock-saint's replies because until I got to you guys it looked like Dan had nothing but supporters. I find him to be off-putting and a know-it-nothing. His show on UFOs, etc., failed to take off probably because he talked a good game but his team lost. He is believer from the die-hard school and he has no grasp of common sense, logic, and reason. You can't talk to him about evidence 'cause as a believer he doesn't need it. Phooey on him and his b.s. claims. He wasn't that entertaining anyway. It was Belushi all the way.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Dan is awesome. Extremely intelligent and has some pretty good theroies on UFO's. I enjoy listening to him speak about the subject. Thanks for the vids

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Do any of you guys know the name of the documentary?
I tried to find more info on the supposed image enhancements of the orb he claims the LA contrails are.
Anybody hear or see more about this?
Thanks,
Fish

It is called Dan Aykroyd, Unplugged on UFO's.
I have it on file,
very good docu.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I like how Jimmy in the first video "admits" to being smashed drunk when he saw a UFO.

And in video 3 Akroyd promotes his vodka.

Hah. Absolutely no connection.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I love watching him as an entertainer, but as has been mentioned, he's definitely a die-hard believer, and is quick to believe just about any conspiracy theory.

He's probably the most well-known celebrity to be involved with such topics, but sadly, I'm not so sure he shines a good light on the subjects.

Still though, that doesn't discredit his entertainment work in my opinion. His work on Ghostbusters alone (a lot of his mumbo jumbo was ad-libbed and added to the movie), is superb.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I like how Jimmy in the first video "admits" to being smashed drunk when he saw a UFO.

And in video 3 Akroyd promotes his vodka.

Hah. Absolutely no connection.

I didn't like when Kimmel asked him if he sees UFOs when he drinyyks Vodka.
Also didn't like how the topic went immediately from UFOs to ghosts.
For the most part, the MSM can never discuss UFOs without making it out to be a joke.
Akyroid is a good guy, but not the best spokesman

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I consider myself a serious investigator when it comes to UFO's and I do not wish to put the subject under any bad light.
I know MR Ackroyd is an entertainer and must promote himself as such.However I believe he is passionate in his work involving the UFO phenomenon and truly believes he is a first hand witness.
I see through the lines of promotion and feel there is some truth about his accounts.
If nothing less he is a very interesting and entertaining witness.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
And didn't he say he hav real video of the o'hare UFO, that he said was going to be released in an upcoming vid? That was like, two years ago and so far nothing.....

Yes, but there was an explaination. According to folks here ( I'm not going to search for the threads ) the project was approved and he had footage and was getting ready for production when at the last minute the TV studio pulled the plug. Dan Ackroyd claimed a MIB encounter outside the studio and he believed that the MIBs closed down his project because he got too close to telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yo Bro, awesome spot. i'm usually on top of that stuff but I had no idea that was on. Thanks.
Interesting sociological note:

Did anyone else notice in the video that a good portion of the crowd reacted with laughter as he started telling them about his experiences. It goes to show you how programmed mainstream society really is. Although Ackroid was obviously serious; most of the crowed failed to observe it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Debunkerdebunkerer

Yea I noticed the crowd snickering but you know he's a funny guy they don't know him as a serious investigator.
Despite some of his fringe beliefs I still believe he is searching for truth just like me

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this flyingfish. I liked the way that Dan Aykroyd just told his story and then just shut up. I've noticed most witnesses adopt the same attitude. After a while, it just becomes pointless to engage in no-win arguments. I want to try his Crystal Skull vodka now. :yummy:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Did you notice the part when he said"I've got a hundred of these at the house can't seem to throw them out".
I want to get some of that vodka just for the skull bottles

I'm still curious if any one has heard anything new about the orb theory?

new topics

top topics

join