It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21st Winter Solstice Full Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Pagan holiday in December is coming up and it coincides with a full moon. When was the last time this happened? And is there any significance to it?
edit on 9-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Yes, The tides will change ever so slightly....
And some pagan will drink too much and pass out.
Apart from that no, not much

edit on 9/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
dec. 22 1999 (the solstice fell on the 22nd that year). i was camping in california. the trajectory of the moon took it straight overhead and it seemed as though the moon was out for a very long time.

rather loverly.

as to what this may mean; as with any conjunction of lunar and solar cycles, the mana be amped.

blessed be, and a blessed yule.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Perfect!! I love full moons and this year instead of Christmas I'm celebrating solstice I'm done with Christmas too much holiday cheer and Christianity. Thanks for pointing this out. There are going to be a lot of happy pagans.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Are you an anti-christian? I am...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

Its not nice to be against things, Accept others for who they are. Otherwise youll be as welcome at social events as Much as Matter welcomes Anti-Matter

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'm anti-organized religion except the Buddhists, I know a family of them and they feed me very good food. They haven't gotten on my nerves yet. The Jewish are cool to. So okay yeah the Christians and just all others similar have pissed me off called me satans daughter, heathen so on and so on.... Pagans are just so relaxed.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

i am not xiamera, but as a practicing wiccan, i felt inclined to respond.

while i do hold many grudges, some deeper than others, against the exploits of those who name themselves christians, i have also encountered my fair share of kind souls who may or may not have found compassion in their hearts if not for the teachings of their christ.

so it is not christians per-say, i am against, but ignorance in any form.

and ignorance, unfortunately, is woven into most doctrines of belief, and most human pursuits.

which is why celebrating the ancient beauty of the moon, and its harmonic union with the earth's eternal cycle seems a decent way to celebrate the mystery.

blessed be.
blessed yule.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

OP: It makes it a beautiful night to watch the skies and consider the wonders all around us

Xiamara: Religion doesn't make people pricks... people come by that naturally of all on their own.

I agree with Mythos

I have met wonderful people from all faiths and horrible people from all faiths. I have friends who are Christian, Wiccan, Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic and Atheists.

The only things that bother me are proselytization and treating others poorly.

Your actions show what your faith really is. Most people are hedonistic, self-worshiping narcissists. Some rare are loving and sharing children of their god. And even rarer are those content in themselves and their own knowledge.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Oh I know that, I just have a tendency to find the crazies, my friend laughed at me since the christian group on my university campus keeps trying to recruit me. I keep turning them into pagans, apparently that's not good.. Now they glare at me. My friend is a normal christian and I like her I just don't like her religion. I don't hate the people just the message,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by pianopraze

I don't hate the people just the message,

a 'true' christian's message would be about compassion, forgiveness, charity, humility. what's there to hate?

but i am just splitting hairs, and i must agree that christian evangelizing leaves me rather perturbed, to put it mildly.

...not to mention the whole heaps of genocide committed in the name of you-know-who.

but i suppose people will use just about any excuse to commit atrocities.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mythos because: add line

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Its mainly the fact that they hate my best friend who is bi, they send her to hell as well as they send the none believers. The true teachings of Christ, are good, that's not really "Christianity" as most would claim.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

yes, a fair amount of my friends have been condemned to the christian hell for a host of reasons, as have i on several occasions (least of which was displaying a pentacle).

some have even suffered physical threat for being who they were. so i understand your frustration.

hopefully, your friend is safe... in her body as well as her heart, mind and spirit.

by the same prejudice and hate these people judge others, they too shall be judged.

a blessed yule.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Very wise teachings, ones that I can agree with.

Hope you have a lovely solstice.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As far as astrology is concerned there will be a lunar eclipse on the same day.
As a Pagan, I would have protective and foretelling trances instead of celebrations.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here is what Joni Patry writes on her web site (www.galacticenter.org)

"12/21 Full Moon 5 degrees Gemini, Mrigashira nakshatra: This is a Total Lunar Eclipse visible from the United States. This is a powerful Lunar Eclipse, for the Sun is now conjunct these potent planets in Sagittarius (Mars, Rahu, Pluto, and Mercury) and opposed the Moon with Ketu. The Full Moon of this lunar eclipse is conjunct the potent fixed star Betelgeuse which is an alpha star in the right shoulder of Orion. Astrophysicists have recently determined that this bright star may turn into a supernova in a few years. Many believe the occurrence of this event indicate a turning point in our destiny. This star is known for fame and recognition but also calamity, danger, violence treachery and poison. It is important to know that this Eclipse occurs close to Ketu which is in the nakshatra Ardra, which means “the moist one” and is ruled by the storm god Rudra, the symbol for this nakshatra is a tear drop which incurs sadness. There will be many devastating events tied into this eclipse period which on January 4th 2011 there is a Solar Eclipse. Events will involve water in some devastating way, bad or impure water, violent storms, earth quakes and attacks. It can involve ships or airplanes. I believe these attacks will be in more than one place, Europe and America are very susceptible."

I found her predictions ususally hit the mark - So are we up for a major event?
The energy is odd here where I live.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

www.timeanddate.com...

I checked Stellarium and I will be able to see the whole show from my living room window! I am so ready for this!

edit to add: if it is clouded over I will just throw one hell of a hissy fit!
edit on 9-12-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Check it out:

xjubier.free.fr...

PS-
It's almost time...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Is it every 11 years that there's a full moon on the winter solstice, or that was just the last time it occurred? But I think you're right, it's pretty much a normal occurrence. It's a nice addition, however, to an otherwise overlooked holiday.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

There will be a lunar eclipse? Do you know where it will be visible from?
2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join