It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual UFO Photograph - VERY Unusual!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is what you call trolling

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

No one said anything about ET

Maybe it's you that didn't pay attention to your own link..
The first line says the thought it was a UFO and they even reported it to MUFON..
But I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit being wrong...

Not that I want to defend the shrike, because he (along with his alter-ego) are rude, crass, and a huge reason that the more well-respected, intelligent skeptics got forced out of ATS,

but,

the term 'UFO' has nothing to do with aliens. It has to do with unknown objects.

That said, isn't this a hoax thread?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

The first line says the thought it was a UFO and they even reported it to MUFON..

Not that I want to defend the shrike, because he (along with his alter-ego) are rude, crass, and a huge reason that the more well-respected, intelligent skeptics got forced out of ATS,

but,

the term 'UFO' has nothing to do with aliens. It has to do with unknown objects.

I agree it's a hoax and should be moved to the hoax forum..
Yes I know the difference between a UFO and ET but the OP and the individual that took the photo definitely inferred that it was an alien craft..The photographer reported it to MUFON and the OP posted the thread title knowing full well what they were inferring...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howtosurvive2012
reply to post by Tharsis

Relax buddy... Not every one, see's everything, all of the time. Be happy that you weren't so naive you saw the same thing. Help some one else learn before interjecting negativity into the equation. If that dude finds the real deal in the future, he may hesitate to show it due to remarks like that. Count to ten... everything's cool... step away from the keyboard.

Sigh...

Sarcasm, my good sir.

Learn it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yes I know the difference between a UFO and ET but the OP and the individual that took the photo definitely inferred that it was an alien craft..The photographer reported it to MUFON and the OP posted the thread title knowing full well what they were inferring...

How did he infer it? Where did he mention anything about aliens? It wasn't him nudging people towards the idea of aliens inside the UFO, it was those people doing it themselves, because the term 'UFO' means aliens nowadays, which is totally wrong.

MUFON may be a stock place to go for UFOs, but is it where you should go to search for aliens? Because I'd be surprised if there's anything on MUFON connecting UFOs with aliens, other than people claiming the pilots of whichever "intelligently controlled craft" are aliens.

Be very careful what you believe, because it's very easy for a simple photograph or video to gain unwilling captions. How many times have we seen the same pictures and videos on this site get posted again and again with different stories behind them? Just take the objects you see at face value, don't assign aliens to them, because there's still no real connection. Hopefully one day there will be.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
This is what you call trolling

Sweet and to the point... perfect example of a one liner that WON'T get slapped by the mods
Star for that one

Why exactly I'm continuing with this farce I'll never know.

Because you have the need to prove your right
And when I asked about the clouds OVER the reflection, someone immediately offered photoshop as the reason, even went so far as to create another phony.Seems the skeptics were more drawn in by this than the believers

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Me, I delete my photographic mistakes. Here we keep the photo's and call reflections UFO's.??? Your pulling my leg right?

I didn't call it a UFO I called it a "Ladder to Heaven"

Pulling your leg? Why would I do that?

But I find it a great character study of the skeptic mind that is so intent on debunking that they go to great lengths to set people up. Almost like a new tactic for skeptics to post silly stuff and then try to lure people in. Yet few in this thread fell for it and I see debunkers working hard in here to prove its a reflection.

Even WeedWacker started a thread on Aliens working with humans... yeah right.. no ulterior motives there eh? We are to assume that these uber skeptics suddenly had a change of heart? RIGHT

Ed here says he is proud of having gone to a UFO convention, starting a ruckus and getting tossed out. Okay so what did that accomplish? You think anyone at the convention became a non believer because of those efforts?
What a joke. That would be like going into a Mosque and exclaiming "Mohammad is a false prophet".

I really have to wonder at the motives of these guys... I mean so what if people have beliefs? A thread like this.. the only purpose is to try to make some people look silly? Come get over yourselves.

Ah just noticed this was moved to the appropriate forum

I'm outta here....

Happy Holidays

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0b4d3c54f2b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11-12-2010 by zorgon because: PHAGE has been ABDUCTED by ALIENS

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

(snip)
Well I've been through the side of road bit, we drive on the opposite side here so I admitted a mistake..
But I guess you wouldn't know what that was like...
As for this gem from you...

And BTW, I know very little about the field of UFO's or the debunking of them..
I would find anyone that dedicated their live to debunking something that if correct really doesn't matter, to be either paranoid or they must have a huge ego that needs feeding constantly..
I'd say by your writings that you fit the latter.

Personally I'd rather spend my time on other things...
As for me checking in somewhere, if I ever feel the need I'm sure you could recommend many suitable facilities.

I figured you were not an experienced U.S. driver. But exactly because of that you should not have made the comments.

And I don't make the jump that believers engage in that if a UFO is mentioned then ETs must be associated without any evidence to support the POV. So definitely do NOT hold your breath waiting for me to admit I'm wrong, I'm not.

I do not debunk UFOs as I've had 6 solid sightings and videotaped one. But I will debunk, if necessary, claims that do not hold up. Don't try it at home!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by The Shrike
I'm proud of what I've done. Someone has to go after the scammers/hoaxers. I do with style. Call me whatever you want it's like water off a duck's back. I'm an open-minded skeptic, I'm a debunker. I'm a class act.

A class act? Posting pictures of reflections in a car window and calling it an "Unusual UFO Photograph - VERY Unusual!" is a class act?

Sounds a little trollish to me...

Jealousy will get you nowhere. I didn't post pictures of reflections, only those mentally-challenged call it a reflection without providence an iota of evidence, just poor efforts. Where's your evidence that it's a reflection?
You remind me of "THE BIG NOISE FROM WINNETKA".

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

How did he infer it? Where did he mention anything about aliens? It wasn't him nudging people towards the idea of aliens inside the UFO, it was those people doing it themselves, because the term 'UFO' means aliens nowadays, which is totally wrong.

MUFON may be a stock place to go for UFOs, but is it where you should go to search for aliens? Because I'd be surprised if there's anything on MUFON connecting UFOs with aliens, other than people claiming the pilots of whichever "intelligently controlled craft" are aliens.

Be very careful what you believe, because it's very easy for a simple photograph or video to gain unwilling captions. How many times have we seen the same pictures and videos on this site get posted again and again with different stories behind them? Just take the objects you see at face value, don't assign aliens to them, because there's still no real connection. Hopefully one day there will be.

Well put. Unfortunately, to most members logic is a foreign word which is why it is used by the minority. We're in the minority, good to have a clear thinker aboard.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

but,

I do not need defending especially when it's followed by an ad hominem attack. I'd like you to put your money where your big mouth is. Provide evidence for this remark: "...a huge reason that the more well-respected, intelligent skeptics got forced out of ATS," I don't think you'll be able to deliver because your remarks are not based on fact. Name one, just one, I dare you. Additionally, if you can prove this thread a hoax, bring on the evidence.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I do not debunk UFOs as I've had 6 solid sightings and videotaped one. But I will debunk, if necessary, claims that do not hold up. Don't try it at home!

Have you posted that vid here?
I'd like to see it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

but,

Ya know, you and I both just fell for his switch of words.....

I said UFO....I never once mentioned ET...
It was the OP that changed it to ET....Sneaky [snip]
I'd guess it was a deliberate act to change the focus from a UFO to him calling us crazy saying it was ET and yet it was him that did it.
What a troll....Glad this crap is in the hoax forum where it belongs..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

If that was sarcastic it went right over my head. I don't think it was, but if so, my bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
Uuugh.

What possessed this person to upload these to the 'net?

How could the first thing they thought when they saw it NOT be "oh, it's obviously a reflection".

I am furious.

That was sarcasm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join