It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual UFO Photograph - VERY Unusual!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
C'mon people- a renowned super skeptic, 'The Shrike', posts a highly dubious UFO pic and link, and everyone is 'maybe this, maybe that'- you realize how bigger laugh hes getting out of this, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hey, that is definately a reflection, but don't be disheartened .... As an investigator this should help you learn to discriminate between visual artifacts/reflections and solid objects, keep it up! And dont listen to those who add malice to their replys, too much ego in here!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by HopeHoldingFast

your brain's plane of existence is proofing to me other dimension if you seriously think thats cindirella's palace fom lala land

Not at all.

I was merely presenting possibilities or ideas, thinking outside of the box, if you will.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HopeHoldingFast

Right as a reasearcher, ill be the first to give this guy a flag because hes putting evidence out there so to speak, i may not support the evidence but afterall we are all searcing for the truth.
So! Flag and star foir you sir! for posting this, In the future, with more evidence sir but overall continue and eventually youll find something that no one else has found and the world wil be changed through your research Shrike continue the good work

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
C'mon people- a renowned super skeptic, 'The Shrike', posts a highly dubious UFO pic and link, and everyone is 'maybe this, maybe that'- you realize how bigger laugh hes getting out of this, right?

Of course I realize that... I mean he has gone to great lengths to tell me how successful a debunker he is, though mostly under his OTHER name.

But hey no one has explained how the clouds are IN FRONT of the 'reflection' Cute trick that... I would have guessed more along the lines of a double exposure myself...

But think of the milage I can get out of this post

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecsb
As to the object being in front or back of clouds its easy to photoshop things out and into a picture. This is less than a minute worth of work imagine spending 30.

AH so the plot thickens now its a PHOTOSHOPPED and a reflection...
seems they are working over time to fudge these things.

Now just imagine if they got hold of that picture over at Rense or Camelot Now they would have a sequence

Nice work though
How many other UFO's have you created?

edit on 10-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Looking at the original pic it almost looks like a painting...

Also if this pic was taken through the windscreen then why were they on the wrong side of the road??
There are numerous other items in the original..

Maybe it was taken through the back window...
All looks odd to me but I certainly don't see ET..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Why exactly I'm continuing with this farce I'll never know.

Here are some examples of why this is the reflection of a shifter:

Remember this important disclaimer: This is not the exact shifter, the shifter in the reflection is part of a make, model and year of car that is unknown to us at this point, so it's impossible to match it exactly. What I've done here is simply superimpose a functional diagram that is similar.

Edit:
reply to post by backinblack

Because it's a two lane road. The car is in the passing lane. Look to the left of the picture and you can see the other two-lane road that travels in the opposite direction.
edit on 12/10/2010 by EsSeeEye because: more info

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Ohh yeah..I'm in Australia..Get confused with you guys driving on the wrong side of the road.

I thought the bit on the left was train tracks...

The whole pic still has the look of a painting to me..
It's supposed to be reasonable resolution and yet I can't seem to zoom..
It definitly looks like multiple reflections but of what I don't know.
The main one seems very high up to be the gear shift..
It's also unusual to get such strong reflections in daylight..
You'd expect to see that at night when inside instruments etc are illuminated..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You've never seen a console with the coin trays on the side? Seriously? You can even see the little door for the power outlet (used to call them cigarette lighters).

Probably forgot to turn the speed light off and it caused the reflection on the glass as it always does.

Me, I delete my photographic mistakes. Here we keep the photo's and call reflections UFO's.??? Your pulling my leg right?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e4fb35a396c.jpg[/atsimg]

Surely some of you own a car and recognize the door to a power socket when you see one? No?

As to the clouds. Like I said look up angle of incidence and reflectivity in regards to glass. The clouds only appear to be in front where they are lighter in color than the reflection. That is always the case. Something would be wrong if not.

edit on 12/10/2010 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I wonder if it's occurred to anyone that on Rense the original poster was talking about the flock of birds beneath the clouds and not the reflection?

I agree it looks like a reflection but what's with that statement..

From original post..

Are UFOs right in front of our eyes and yet not seen? Apparently so, as I recently discovered. In the fall of this year I uploaded a photo to my computer which I had taken in early July, 2010 while driving with my husband through southern New Mexico, about thirty miles or so north of Las Cruces.

www.rense.com...
They even reported it to MUFON..
I don't think they would do that if they thought it was a flock of birds.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Just somebody who is not observant and likely believed what they said to be true. Ask them directly and I'll bet this person would realize what it is if pointed out to them. Or a liar.
edit on 12/10/2010 by Blaine91555 because: Old sticky keyboard

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If it were worth the bother, you could likely find out the make and model of the car. Not many have center consoles like that and it's reflective, so it's likely chrome or bushed steel.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Thunda

Of course I realize that... I mean he has gone to great lengths to tell me how successful a debunker he is, though mostly under his OTHER name.

But hey no one has explained how the clouds are IN FRONT of the 'reflection' Cute trick that... I would have guessed more along the lines of a double exposure myself...

But think of the milage I can get out of this post

It doesn't matter what name I post under I'm always going to attract the mentally unstable-conditioned-believer, etc. I changed my handle from Skeptical Ed, although it's a true representation, because just by the name the usual anal cavities were ignoring topics and attacking me because of the name I chose. I'm still me. I've been and still am a great debunker. I've proven it. I'm the only person on record (newspaper article with large color photo of me!) to have been physically ejected from a UFO lecture in the 1980s. I'm proud of what I've done. Someone has to go after the scammers/hoaxers. I do with style. Call me whatever you want it's like water off a duck's back. I'm an open-minded skeptic, I'm a debunker. I'm a class act. See photo, below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9015a7cbc05d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Yours is a typical reply 'cause it shows that you are not paying attention to the photo's detail. They're not on the wrong side of the road! It's a two-lane one way road! Look to the left, there's the other road going the opposite way. No one said anything about ET. If the photo was taken through the rear window you'd see the front of the cars behind the camera car!

If I were you I'd check in somewhere, may where they have a section 8. And, oh yeah, take all of those that keep replying that it's a reflection or shift gates, or coin compartment. All of you are weird! Weirder than the photo's content.

Well I've been through the side of road bit, we drive on the opposite side here so I admitted a mistake..
But I guess you wouldn't know what that was like...
As for this gem from you...

No one said anything about ET

Maybe it's you that didn't pay attention to your own link..
The first line says the thought it was a UFO and they even reported it to MUFON..
But I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit being wrong...

And BTW, I know very little about the field of UFO's or the debunking of them..
I would find anyone that dedicated their live to debunking something that if correct really doesn't matter, to be either paranoid or they must have a huge ego that needs feeding constantly..
I'd say by your writings that you fit the latter.

Personally I'd rather spend my time on other things...
As for me checking in somewhere, if I ever feel the need I'm sure you could recommend many suitable facilities.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I'm proud of what I've done. Someone has to go after the scammers/hoaxers. I do with style. Call me whatever you want it's like water off a duck's back. I'm an open-minded skeptic, I'm a debunker. I'm a class act.

A class act? Posting pictures of reflections in a car window and calling it an "Unusual UFO Photograph - VERY Unusual!" is a class act?

Sounds a little trollish to me...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Did you check out his pic...?
No, not the ugly guy in the foreground, the USO in the pool..!!!
Or is that a reflection?

Maybe I should start a thread on it..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Only on rense will you find something this bad. Stay away from that site if you value your credibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
pretty nifty but i just took some pictures and im going to upload them in a new thread... seriously... i have 19 posts. just getting 20th...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join