It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. officials pardon the late Jim Morrison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
S&F

I love Jim Morrison
*hails*

He said at one of his concert:

"You're all a bunch of slaves. What are you going to do about it !?
What are you going to do about it !?
Why do you let them push you around!?"-

No doubt some people didnt like him.

edit on 10/12/10 by plutoxgirl because: sp

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Do you know that John Lennon was killed on Jim's birthday?

John October 9, 1940 — December 8, 1980

Jim December 8, 1943 — July 3, 1971

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I love Jim Morrison and still miss him after all this time.

Rest in Peace Jim.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I am glad to see Florida's politicans have nothing more important to do! Pardoning a dead nudist is just what the people of Florida were wanting and needing from their elected non-representatives!

Truth be told, Miami where this charge occured happens to now have a very popular legally nude beach celebrating it's 15th anniverasry this year.

When I say popular it's a major destination for wealthy "snow birds" who flock there to winter every year and spend millions in the local economy.

Sounds like a real menace to society right? Wrong! Out of the 62 miles and dozens of parks in the Miami-Dade County Beach system, the nude beach at Haulover has less police and emergency calls than any other beach in the system, despite being the second most 'crowded' beach next to South Beach.

How does this occur? Well in part due to the wonderful volunteer staff recognizable by their trademark blue safari hats with a flamingo pink ribbon on the bowl and brim.

But mainly because when people lose their clothes they lose their pretense and status symbols too.

It's about the most peaceful place on earth, and proto himself has often mused while enjoying the heavenly decadance of tropical breezes washing over my body, while watching the sun sparkle and danze on crystial clear azure waters and the palm trees gently wafting in the breeze, eating chilled fruit and sipping an icey pina colada, if I could just get the leaders of the world gathered here, on such a glorious afternoon, I am sure they would quickly forget what they were fighting about and wanting us to fight over.

A lot of what these still revered, long gone but not forgotten sixties and seventies musical icons were about in fact was promoting peace and freedom, real freedom, not just the freedom to pay your taxes and follow a million rules in the name of God, Country and King.

The world wasn't ready for that, and some could argue that the people who were pursuing it weren't quite ready for it either, but hey, don't knock it until you try it.

That's what proto always says!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I am glad to see Florida's politicans have nothing more important to do! Pardoning a dead nudist is just what the people of Florida were wanting and needing from their elected non-representatives!

Very telling to see what Christ considers to be a top priority matter.
Must have a clear desk top and a blank calendar.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It's funny, well not really, but I see a trend..
The bad guys, mainly Government etc, get pardoned when they're alive..
The good guys get pardoned when they're dead..

Doesn't really seem fair, but then what is nowadays?

I agree with the poster though that said if he was alive. he'd rip it up,
or maybe he'd expose himself again and relieve himself on that useless piece of paper..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Very telling to see what Christ considers to be a top priority matter.
Must have a clear desk top and a blank calendar.

As much as I enjoy his music today, I have to agree that if the government gets bogged down on trivial matters from decades ago with little relevance to today, which has more than its share of problems!....

I think Jim would say, from Peace Frog......"there's blood in the streets...up to my knees..."

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Seems that the infamous Judge Greer who decided the fate of Terry Shiavo was a roommate of Jim Morrison at Florida State University.

Wonder if Morrison's old buddies had an influence in his recent pardon. Wonder if Morrison had any dirt on some of these hippies-cum-politicians?

I imagine there are consequences for those who might "know too much" and don't "pledge the (Brotherhood) team".

edit on 30-12-2010 by Alethea because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join