It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Rising documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen this documentary, Islam Rising? I watched today. It talks about how Muslims are coming into America and down playing the bad aspects of the religion to get people to convert, even using lying and taking multiple wives and gain conversions through marriage. Truth or paranoia?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Havn't watched the movie, and I"m sure islam is crazy, but I'm more concerned about the Talmudic Judsim effect on the west at the moment. lol

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm sure they're doing it. Those damn muslims are always trying to convert people. That's how desperate they are to "justify" their so-called "truth".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I've been saying this for years, that they have been hiding the truth about this religion, ( if you can even call it that ), many people don't know that the word Islam, doesn't mean peace like they claim. The word for peace is salaam.
The Arabic definition of Islam means to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender'. I've heard the arguments, that they are suggesting " surrender to allah" or something to that effect. But after reading the quran/Koran, there are many Sura's ( or chapters) that would suggest the death of the innocent.

Here's one example: Sura 5 [5:32] Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers went to them with clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing.

source: wingless.aoriginality.com...

Can you say bat S@#$ crazy?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wake up people this is the real deal, they genuinely hate us before they even get to know us, why?
Because their religion tells them so. We are the so called infidels.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ah after seeing this, now I stand behind my troops invading these countries in the middle east.

Kill them muzzies!

/end sarcasm

According to the website, that movie is free with a $25 dollar donation lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Yes and the Talmud says that gentiles are worthless animals. The difference here is, the talmudic jews are in high positions of power in the united states. How many muslims can you name that are in office?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Yes agreed, if i was a smarter man and better at joining dots relating to the Jews in power maybe i would
have a more ballanced view. They cirtainly seem to have a global agenda of their own, whatever that is.
Alternately most of my interest relates to the muslims caliphate, no need for dot joining they state their
intentions openly.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'll try to watch the vid if I can remember when I get some time.

As an ex Muslim Fundamentalist, I'd have to say it's a combination of ignorance from Muslims, fear and hate from anti-islamists, paranoia, and truth.

Muslim Extremists and anti-islamists are both doing the same thing: Cultivating Fear, Hate, and Disunity through ignorance.

Islam is not Christianity.
You can not open the Qur'an, read a verse, and say, "I understand!"
No, no, no!
Each individual verse has a back story and history to it. Every single verse.
Muhammad explained each verse, so there would be no difference of opinion, or difference of interpretation.

Muslim Extremists and anti-Islamists fail at understanding the context, the purpose, and the events that lead to each verse. To understand the Qur'an properly, one must study tafsir. To quote Qur'an without understanding tafsir is what is leading to all of the ignorance and extremes in Islam.

Kill the infidels, kill the non-believers.... yep the Qur'an says that. But those verses were revealed during war time in reference to those specific battles. This does not apply to every non-believer, only during open war initiated by an aggressor. Islam teaches Peace and Unity. Killings and Jihad are reserved for defensive war only.
Simple as that. But as Muslim Extremists and anti-islamists fail to study tafsir, they take it literal and against what Muhammad explained.

Even looking at Muhammad's example it becomes clear!
Muhammad never attacked or went to war with any people, except those that attacked him first, or the allies of those enemies.
Muhammad had many peace treaties with Christian and non-Muslim kingdoms that he honored.
Muhammad forbid killing any women, children, elderly, or monastic people.

Is Islam corrupt today?
Yes. Through ignorance of religious teachings and spiritual leaders with political ambitions.

Muslims extremists spread fear and hate to their people.
Anti-islamists spread fear and hate to their people.
Both sides fail to study Muhammad's teachings about the Qur'an.
Both sides are polarizing each other into disunity and hate.

So sad.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Kill the infidels, kill the non-believers.... yep the Qur'an says that. But those verses were revealed during war time in reference to those specific battles. This does not apply to every non-believer, only during open war initiated by an aggressor. Islam teaches Peace and Unity. Killings and Jihad are reserved for defensive war only.
Simple as that. But as Muslim Extremists and anti-islamists fail to study tafsir, they take it literal and against what Muhammad explained.

Are you suggesting, that when war breaks out, the islam followers say, " Hold up...let's get the other copy of the quran for war time only", " Its got other hatred statements we need "?!!! They use the same book throughout! Nothing changes, and neither does their hatred.

Come on? Are you serious? That is just purely laughable!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

"Islam" does not mean "Peace"
"Islam" means "To Submit"
"Salaam" means "Peace"

You are correct, but misunderstood.
Arabic is a language based around consonant root words. Vowels are added to emphasize the consonant root word.

Take out the vowels in "Islam" and "Salaam" and you have "slm".

This is what is meant by "Islam means Peace." The etymologic meaning remains the same because it is the same root word.

SLM

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Laugh all you want. I am an ex Islamic Extremist-Fundamentalist, I know what I am talking about.
I studied under very wise and knowledgable sheikhs, and I've poured countless hours into studying the Qur'an, Hadith, Tafsir, Seerah, Shariah, and Fiqh.

Are you suggesting, that when war breaks out, the islam followers say, " Hold up...let's get the other copy of the quran for war time only"

No, not at all.
Anyone reading the Qur'an will notice this:
This verse declares global unity and love. This verse says kill the non-believers.
This verse says to let all live in Peace. This verse says to fight until Allah's religion is supreme.
This verse says there is no compulsion in religion. This verse says convert or die.

The problem is no one steps back and says, "What's up with the discrepancies?"
This is when you go read tafsir and learn why that verse says what it does. Learn what Muhammad said it meant. Muhammad made it very clear that all of the killing and jihad verses only apply during defensive war. Anything beyond that is a sin.

You may find this thread helpful that I made:
True Islamic Jihad And It's Beauty

Islamic Terrorists are an abomination to this world. Allah will throw them in the Hell Fire for their crimes against humanity. But all religious evidence points to the fact Islamic Terrorists are disobeying Allah.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think it's also what people want to take out of religion when they practice it. If they want to use it to justify hate that's all they will get out of it but they can also use it to better themselves and their environment if that's what they want to take from the religion.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Jews hate muslims, Jews control the american and European media (wolf blitzer former AIPAC lobbiest), therefore americans are taught to fear muslims so they will go fight for the Jews in Israel.

Its really that simple. lol

P.S.
True story, the other night I had some friends over. I have a globe in which I scratched off the names of the countries in teh middle east. Some people started talking about how muslims are bad and how we needed to go after Iran. Out of 10 people only 2 could point out where Iran was. Out of 10 people only 3 could point out where Iraq was. And I think that was by luck. lol. America.
edit on 11-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it's a good idea to take a look at who produced that film.Caryl Productions.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

They have a lot of videos that criticizes religions or movements that aren't Fundamentalist Christianity. Yikes. Shame they are ripping on Eastern Religions too.

So, I would disregard their documentary above about Islam. They just want to tear down all other religions and Christian denominations that don't align with their views.
edit on 12-12-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

The truth is it is a sin for one Muslim to Kill a other Muslim, but its OK to stone and hang woman who break the law. In the Muslim World many groups, do kill eachother look at the history of Iraq in the the last 20 years. Peace be with You

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I cannot believe you listen to this propaganda! What about you 'great' christians in the middle ages?!??!? Christians went around boiling people alive killing them for beleiveing another religion!!! Christians went around whipping beggars and beheading people! Christians doctors with no medical experience went around cutting people's arms to release 'bad blood', while MUSLIM scholars were studying roman and greek scrollsc and MUSLIM scholars looked at the stars and spread their medical knowledge. MUSLIM architects constructed great mosques and palaces. Please look at you're past and ask yourself: "Is christianity better than Islam?"

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Has anyone else seen this documentary, Islam Rising? I watched today. It talks about how Muslims are coming into America and down playing the bad aspects of the religion to get people to convert, even using lying and taking multiple wives and gain conversions through marriage. Truth or paranoia?

Paranoia. See, one of the funny thing about getting lots of converts to a religion is that it changes that religion. Christianity was hugely altered when it started winning converts in Europe. Islam in Southern Asia and most of Africa does not at all resemble the Islam that Mohammed brought out of Medina. When Buddhism started winning converts in Tibet, China, Japan, and Mongolia, it changed drastically; the Buddhism you'll find in Japan looks nothing like the Buddhism started by Siddhartha Guatama.

You want islam to be "fixed"? Then you want it to get more converts, because the only way to "fix" a dogmatic religion is to inoculate it with a lot of people who's outlooks don't fit the current dogma.

new topics

top topics

join