It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Violently Assaults Hollywood Actor For Failing To Fund Illegal Wars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
reply to post by Smack

Well I suppose that there is not an argument that I can propose against a person who seems to think that 5000 year old religious law is higher then federal law. I will be posting a thread in the next few hours that lays out the foundations of law in the united states, and why people like you are willfully and knowingly wrong.

Yes of course, that wasn't my only argument. I guess that was your only counter-argument though. So you concede my other points then, but take exception to the Judeo-Christian version of a concept that dates back millenia, and is present in every major theology and philosophy in the entire world. Of course it was easy enough to lure you into that trap. Thieves and their conspirators are easily fooled.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Aren't we all forgetting that there is no law in the US tax code that specifically says that you must file a tax return?

Thats the way i understand it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PjZ101
Aren't we all forgetting that there is no law in the US tax code that specifically says that you must file a tax return?

Thats the way i understand it.

Tell that to Mr. Snipes.

The law is what those with the guns say it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

The wealthy would rather sacrifice a their own mother than lose a quarter of a percent of profit a month!!!

You sir, are a bigot.

JUST PAY YOUR GOD-D@MN TAXES!!!

Reminds me of the awesome film 'They Live'

This nation is a system and such cannot be without cost.

And yet the cost is greater than mere cash. Freedom and human dignity come to mind. Not to mention the great cost of lives wasted or destroyed in order to maintain the faux-peace.

Cancer cures are out there and they are common and NON-PATENTABLE therefore NO MONEY to be made.

Patents have nothing to do with making money. If I make cakes, and I make the best cakes at the best price, I can easily make money off of it while never patenting my cake.

Since most of the anti-Snipes on this thread is hardly palatable bigotry, I think I need to refrain from continuing any analysis I make on the issue and add some people to my ignore list.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm going to repost this because I want an answer from the statists in this thread:

The Taliban are Muslims, therefore they follow Sharia law.

en.wikipedia.org...

In July 2000, the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan banned opium as "against Islam." After the Taliban was ousted, opium cultivation resumed in more widespread areas and in greater yield. In April 2004, Afghan interim president Hamid Karzai declared a jihad on drugs (after opium output reached a near-record 3,600 tonnes in 2003 — equivalent to three-quarters of world supply). Over the next two years, despite the assistance of several hundreds of millions of dollars of foreign anti-drug support, Afghanistan raised opium production to 6,100 tonnes in 2006, produced on 407,000 acres (1,650 km²) of land, including nearly 30,000 acres (120 km²) of government land - a production estimated to exceed the global demand for opium by thirty percent.[16]

If you look at the opium production charts, the Taliban had nearly eradicated it by 2001.

We invaded Afghanistan with the express purpose of turning opium production back on.

So, I ask the question again, if we are protecting the opium from the Taliban, who is profiting from the sale of it?

WHO IS PROFITING FROM THE SALE OF THE OPIUM THE US MILITARY IS CURRENTLY "GUARDING FROM THE TALIBAN?"

The poor Afghani farmers?

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

We invaded Afghanistan with the express purpose of turning opium production back on.

Actually not at all. We invaded for 2 reasons:
1. Because it was the supposed base of bin laden. Kinda.
2. It's a staging ground for Pakistan. The most important reason for the invasion.

So, I ask the question again, if we are protecting the opium from the Taliban, who is profiting from the sale of it?

edit on 10-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

So I ask you this question again. Why does your own source contradict you?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

LONDON, 27 November 2008. The Afghan Opium Survey 2008 released today by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) shows that opium has become less important to the Afghan economy due to a decrease in cultivation, production and prices. However, opium finances the Taliban war economy and is a major source of revenue for criminal groups and terrorists.

Opium cultivation in 2008 declined 19% to 157,000 hectares. Production was down by 6% to 7,700 tons. The Survey shows that prices are also down by around 20%. As a result, the value of opium to farmers dropped by more than a quarter between 2007 and 2008, from $1 billion to $730 million. The export value of opium, morphine and heroin (at border prices in neighbouring countries) for Afghan traffickers is also down, from $4 billion in 2007 to $3.4 billion this year.

So I guess we're doing a bad job at guarding?????
Oh and once again your source is stating that the taliban is selling opium to finance their war. You seem to be missing that point.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

oh and by the way, this is what your hero's do:

While in power, the Taliban enforced one of the strictest interpretations of Sharia law ever seen in the Muslim world,[25] and became notorious internationally for their treatment of women.[26] Women were forced to wear the burqa in public.[27] They were allowed neither to work nor to be educated after the age of eight, and until then were permitted only to study the Qur'an.[26] They were not allowed to be treated by male doctors unless accompanied by a male chaperon, which led to illnesses remaining untreated. They faced public flogging in the street, and public execution for violations of the Taliban's laws.[28]

en.wikipedia.org...

Under the Taliban regime, Sharia law was interpreted to forbid a wide variety of previously lawful activities in Afghanistan. One Taliban list of prohibitions included:
“ pork, pig, pig oil, anything made from human hair, satellite dishes, cinematography, and equipment that produces the joy of music, pool tables, chess, masks, alcohol, tapes, computers, VCRs, television, anything that propagates sex and is full of music, wine, lobster, nail polish, firecrackers, statues, sewing catalogs, pictures, Christmas cards.[106] ”

They also prohibited employment, education, and sports for women, dancing, clapping during sports events, kite flying, and depictions of living things, whether drawings, paintings, photographs, stuffed animals, or dolls. Men were required to have a beard longer than a fist placed at the base of the chin. Conversely, they had to wear their head hair short. Men were also required to wear a head covering.[107]

Yep what a bunch of great guys you're backing !

edit on 10-12-2010 by jfj123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Perhaps you are having a hard time reading the article I linked.

The Taliban SHUT DOWN opium production in 2001. By "shut down" - I mean they basically wiped it out completely.

It is AGAINST THEIR RELIGION to grow and sell opium products.

The UN report you keep quoting must be wrong because we know the preceding facts I just laid out are indeed true. You even just linked an article showing how strictly they adhere to Sharia law.

Given that we know the Taliban was able to completely shut down opium production in Afghanistan, it begs the question as to why 2010 production is at near all time highs.

Further, you are not addressing the question I posed.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

It's a staging ground for Pakistan.

Who authorized that? Who authorized the attacks in Yemen?
Here is a better question: who is supposed to authorize going to war? How is that process supposed to work. From what authority is the military granted permission to conduct warfare?

I find it more than a little disturbing that you seemingly have no problem with the assertion that we invaded Afghanistan in order to establish a forward staging area to preemptively strike another sovereign nation.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Starred and flagged mnemeth1.

I've been watching this travesty with Snipes for quite a few years now, and I'd bet the asshat feds spent more than twice the amount of money he is alleged to owe in taxes while pursuing this case.

Snipes is a high profile target, and we all know the nail that sticks out gets hammered the hardest once noticed; it makes the agent in charge brownie points with the bosses to demonize and persecute someone we all know.

It's a crock of crap. Snipes is no more guilty than a ton of Ben Berdummass's and Jerkoff Chertoff's buddies, but they got protection.

Maybe instead of hiring a bunch of accountants, Wesley should have made a few under the table deals with the bigwigs in Washington.

Edit: This in no way means I endorse a positive opinion of the Taliban, whatever the hell they have to do with the original post. They are a bunch of thugs operating under a theocratic dictatorial set of rules and should be strung up by their balls for the way they treat women, period.

But again, to return to the OP: Snipes is a victim of not paying off the right people.
edit on 10-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: Extra thought

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Perhaps you are having a hard time reading the article I linked.

The Taliban SHUT DOWN opium production in 2001. By "shut down" - I mean they basically wiped it out completely.

It is AGAINST THEIR RELIGION to grow and sell opium products.

Yet they're selling opium to finance their war
huh isn't that crazy???

The UN report you keep quoting must be wrong because we know the preceding facts I just laid out are indeed true.

Or you are wrong

You even just linked an article showing how strictly they adhere to Sharia law.

Actually they have their own version of sharia law that is bastardized.

Further, you are not addressing the question I posed.

Yeah that's weird huh ?
Just like the way you haven't addressed the questions I've posed
hmmm. kooky!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
reply to post by jfj123

It's a staging ground for Pakistan.

Who authorized that? Who authorized the attacks in Yemen?
Here is a better question: who is supposed to authorize going to war? How is that process supposed to work. From what authority is the military granted permission to conduct warfare?

I find it more than a little disturbing that you seemingly have no problem with the assertion that we invaded Afghanistan in order to establish a forward staging area to preemptively strike another sovereign nation.

Actually I do have a problem with it. I only stated the REAL reason why we are there. The reality is that Pakistan is a divided nation that is on the brink of a military coup and they also own nuclear weapons. If extremists to seize control, those weapons will be aimed directly at us.

My personal belief is that the iraq war was completely illegal and unjustified. The afghan war should only have consisted of the assassination of bin laden IF he was guilty of the 9/11 attacks. I also believe that whomever ordered the invasions of both countries should be tried in an international court for a myriad of crimes. Hopefully this clarifies my position. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks !

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

oh and by the way, this is what your hero's do:

While in power, the Taliban enforced one of the strictest interpretations of Sharia law ever seen in the Muslim world,[25] and became notorious internationally for their treatment of women.[26] Women were forced to wear the burqa in public.[27] They were allowed neither to work nor to be educated after the age of eight, and until then were permitted only to study the Qur'an.[26] They were not allowed to be treated by male doctors unless accompanied by a male chaperon, which led to illnesses remaining untreated. They faced public flogging in the street, and public execution for violations of the Taliban's laws.[28]

en.wikipedia.org...

Under the Taliban regime, Sharia law was interpreted to forbid a wide variety of previously lawful activities in Afghanistan. One Taliban list of prohibitions included:
“ pork, pig, pig oil, anything made from human hair, satellite dishes, cinematography, and equipment that produces the joy of music, pool tables, chess, masks, alcohol, tapes, computers, VCRs, television, anything that propagates sex and is full of music, wine, lobster, nail polish, firecrackers, statues, sewing catalogs, pictures, Christmas cards.[106] ”

They also prohibited employment, education, and sports for women, dancing, clapping during sports events, kite flying, and depictions of living things, whether drawings, paintings, photographs, stuffed animals, or dolls. Men were required to have a beard longer than a fist placed at the base of the chin. Conversely, they had to wear their head hair short. Men were also required to wear a head covering.[107]

Yep what a bunch of great guys you're backing !

Oh?

In the USA, bear wrestling matches are prohibited.

I think we have the Taliban beat when it comes to stupid laws.

US Legal Code is faaaaaaaaaaaar larger and more ridiculous than Sharia law, not that Sharia law is much better.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

huh isn't that crazy???

Who?

Who is selling the opium the US Troops are guarding in this video?
www.youtube.com...

The Taliban?

Are we guarding the opium for the Taliban to later collect and sell?

Does that make any sense when the Taliban shut down opium production in 2001 completely and its sale is against their religion - which they follow to the letter?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

The reality is that Pakistan is a divided nation that is on the brink of a military coup and they also own nuclear weapons. If extremists to cease control, those weapons will be aimed directly at us.

I dunno if you meant cease or seize, but if you meant the former, than I don't get your point. In Pakistan, the extremists are in control, and those nukes will forever be aimed at India.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

huh isn't that crazy???

Who?

Who is selling the opium the US Troops are guarding in this video?
www.youtube.com...

The Taliban?

Are we guarding the opium for the Taliban to later collect and sell?

Does that make any sense when the Taliban shut down opium production in 2001 completely and its sale is against their religion - which they follow to the letter?

They do NOT follow their religion to the letter. If you actually believe this, you are insane.
and once again

LONDON, 27 November 2008. The Afghan Opium Survey 2008 released today by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) shows that opium has become less important to the Afghan economy due to a decrease in cultivation, production and prices. However, opium finances the Taliban war economy and is a major source of revenue for criminal groups and terrorists.

www.unodc.org...

what's funny is that your own video states that
"the opium trade is the taliban's main source of funding"
and if you actually watch the video, they explain why the US looks the other way. They state that if they burnt their crops, it would turn the farmers toward the taliban. According to YOUR video, they allow the farmers to get paid then they intercept the drug trafficers.
You should actually watch your own video

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
reply to post by jfj123

The reality is that Pakistan is a divided nation that is on the brink of a military coup and they also own nuclear weapons. If extremists to cease control, those weapons will be aimed directly at us.

I dunno if you meant cease or seize, but if you meant the former, than I don't get your point. In Pakistan, the extremists are in control, and those nukes will forever be aimed at India.

My apologies
My fingers were typing faster than my brain
Yes I meant seize

OOPS

The moderate civilian government is balancing on the edge of a knife blade. They're trying to keep the extremists reigned in but if they push for reform too hard, they'll lose everything. It's a lot worse in pakistan than we're being told.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
cheap bastard, pay your taxes. i don't agree with paying taxes but he should have hired the rolling stones accountants. i heard they've payed only 1.6% in taxes of the 450 million dollars they've earned over the last 10 years.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If Wesley Snipes was an intelligent man he would have bought a home on Guam and filed taxes there.

They pay no Federal Income Taxes but the local tax code mirrors the Federal Code.

No one has ever, ever been audited for taxes on Guam. He could have avoided jail and kept his money if he called that American soil home.

Also their law there states ANY foreign income...is NON Taxable. Wesley wasn't a smart man.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join