It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Violently Assaults Hollywood Actor For Failing To Fund Illegal Wars

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I love how the lot of you are praising him and feeling sorry for the guy. He's rich. The reason why he wasn't paying for his taxes, which he can easily afford, is because he is either stupid or lazy. Snipes thinks, much like the rest of Hollywood, that he is above the law and society in general. Also Al Capone wasn't a saint

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Yeah, that will teach em.

If you don't pay up, we'll put you in prison where you can't pay up, then have other people pay for your imprisonment.

ALLAH ALLAH PRAISE HILLARY

Like someone said, you obviously have some other agenda. Your thread title proves it.

Snipes didn't try and scam out of paying taxes for political reasons. He wasn't trying to avoid funding illegal wars.
He's just another rich asshole who didn't think he had to pay his fair share of taxes. Cry me a river.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
what's funny is that your own video states that
"the opium trade is the taliban's main source of funding"
and if you actually watch the video, they explain why the US looks the other way. They state that if they burnt their crops, it would turn the farmers toward the taliban. According to YOUR video, they allow the farmers to get paid then they intercept the drug trafficers.
You should actually watch your own video

edit on 10-12-2010 by jfj123 because: (no reason given)

So if opium is the Taliban's main source of funding, why are US troop guarding the opium crop?

Of course, opium is not the Taliban's main source of funding - it can't be, since they actively tried to eradicate it prior to our invasion.

Who's selling the opium the US troops are guarding?

Who are the drug traffickers?

edit on 10-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I am glad to hear that. Thanks for clearing it up.
Taxing a man's wages is still theft.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I love how the lot of you are praising him and feeling sorry for the guy. He's rich. The reason why he wasn't paying for his taxes, which he can easily afford, is because he is either stupid or lazy. Snipes thinks, much like the rest of Hollywood, that he is above the law and society in general. Also Al Capone wasn't a saint

Yeah, it's those Hollywood actors that trashed our economy.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Good slave do as your told

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik

I suppose we should hate rich people simply because they are rich.

Rich people should not be entitled to their property.

They clearly don't deserve it.

I deserve it.

Which is why I think I should be allowed to take it from them by force.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Lets look at this opium problem a little more:

US claims Taliban's main source of funding is opium.

If the US shut down opium production, the Taliban supposedly would be deprived of funding.

If the Taliban was deprived of funding they wouldn't be able to continue fighting.

US claims it can't eradicate the opium crop because then the farmers would turn to the Taliban, who previously shut down opium production entirely for religious reasons. Further, the Taliban should supposedly cease to exist since they get their funding from the opium crop. So how can the farmers turn to them if they don't have any funding?

Does anyone else see the error of this logic?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So what is your position, that all income taxes are immoral ? Even for people with income of millions of dollars ?

This thing is, most rich people do not get their income from wages. They get it from capital gains. i.e. Money making money.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Finally, someone that makes sense, without the crappy @ss jealous undertones. Thank you

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
So what is your position, that all income taxes are immoral ? Even for people with income of millions of dollars ?

This thing is, most rich people do not get their income from wages. They get it from capital gains. i.e. Money making money.

My position is theft is immoral, including theft from "rich" people.

Of course, as a percentage of income, the poor are "rich" as far as the government is concerned.

edit on 10-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Brilliant thread mnemeth1, your reasoning is always flawless.

reply to post by Schaden

Here's my views on this.

People with high incomes should have no less property rights than anybody else. Their wealth should not be forcibly confiscated just because their talents or inheritance allows them to live a more comfortable life than everybody else. There are way too many jealous people around.

Income taxes are immoral because they are identical to a protection racket. If I don't want to help pay for illegal wars I shouldn't be threatened with violence. If I want to pay for security I should be able to choose my own rather than being force to pay for the government's (police). If I want to give some of my money to the unemployed or less fortunate that should be my decision. I would never threaten anyone with violence who decided they didn't want to give enough of their income away to the poor. Et cetera.

I find it incredulous that the majority of the population seem to think they are incapable of spending their money as wisely as their government can. If most people support the things their taxes are being spent on then the threat of violence shouldn't need to be maintained. If giving their money to the government to spend is best for them then they would give up that money voluntarily or cut out the government all-together and spend direct (saving a ton of money in the process). But I need everyone to support my causes, right? Even if they would rather spend their money on other things. So I'll threaten them with violence if they dare attempt to spend their money on their own selfish causes rather than my selfish causes.

There's lots of different ways of making money and not everyone is born with equal opportunities. People who get their money from rather little physical or mental strain should still be entitled to the same property rights as everyone else.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

So, we should penalize the productive members of our society, by stealing their money and redistributing it to the unproductive members of society. Is that about right? I don't know if anyone has explained this to you or not, but life isn't exactly fair. Just because someone has something you want, it does not give you the right to take it from them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

]protect the poppy fields[/url] used in heroine production from Taliban patriots whose religious beliefs preclude them from allowing the production of heroine in their country.

If you actually believe this, you must be smoking what they are growing !

The taliban sells herione to finance their terror campaign.

And what a shame their religious beliefs don't prevent them from torturing and killing innocent men, women and children.

I know the US government isn't exactly the innocent in all this but come on ! You're trying to make the taliban sound like a bunch of quire boys !

Come on now, who do you think created the taliban, funded the taliban and continues to support the taliban......that's right, the shadow federal government known as the U.S. Corporation. I have heard that the Bush family alone is raking in millions from the poppy fields as they own a vast majority of them. Sad really.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh look, another sensationalized exaggerated anti-government topic by mnemeth1. These are getting old.

All of your topics are the same... you just complain complain complain about how the government works. I don't see why you are allowed to spew your constant b.s. in so many topics. They should all be condensed into one.

Here is a solution for you; Why don't you just turn your computer off and go live alone in the middle of no-mans land like a caveman if you don't like things such as roads, police, and firefighters, and public systems etc. which all cost money.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The taliban sells herione to finance their terror campaign.

Umm... No.

Umm.... Yes.

LONDON, 27 November 2008. The Afghan Opium Survey 2008 released today by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) shows that opium has become less important to the Afghan economy due to a decrease in cultivation, production and prices. However, opium finances the Taliban war economy and is a major source of revenue for criminal groups and terrorists.

www.unodc.org...
edit on 10-12-2010 by jfj123 because: (no reason given)

If you believe a single quote coming from a corrupt organization such as the the UNODC then you're very naive!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Don't forget.......he's also failing to fund the lazy people in this country who refuse to do anything with their lives and expect the government to support them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I have heard that the Bush family alone is raking in millions from the poppy fields as they own a vast majority of them.

They don't call him Poppy Bush for nothing.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If Wesley Snipes was an intelligent man he would have bought a home on Guam and filed taxes there.

They pay no Federal Income Taxes but the local tax code mirrors the Federal Code.

No one has ever, ever been audited for taxes on Guam. He could have avoided jail and kept his money if he called that American soil home.

Also their law there states ANY foreign income...is NON Taxable. Wesley wasn't a smart man.

First off, Guam is NOT part of America, it is federal teritory and they DO pay federal taxes, I am not sure where you got your info, but the definition of the "U.S." is found at Cornell Law university website under the federal code...

TITLE 26 - INTERNAL REVENUE CODE
Subtitle C - Employment Taxes
CHAPTER 24 - COLLECTION OF INCOME TAX AT SOURCE ON WAGES
§ 3401. Definitions
(a) Wages

(8) (A) for services for an employer (other than the United States or any agency thereof)—
(i) performed by a citizen of the United States if, at the time of the payment of such
remuneration, it is reasonable to believe that such remuneration will be excluded from
gross income under section 911; or
(ii) performed in a foreign country or in a possession of the United States by such a
citizen if, at the time of the payment of such remuneration, the employer is required by
the law of any foreign country or possession of the United States to withhold income tax
upon such remuneration; or
(B) for services for an employer (other than the United States or any agency thereof)
performed by a citizen of the United States within a possession of the United States (other than
Puerto Rico), if it is reasonable to believe that at least 80 percent of the remuneration to be
paid to the employee by such employer during the calendar year will be for such services; or
(C) for services for an employer (other than the United States or any agency thereof)
performed by a citizen of the United States within Puerto Rico, if it is reasonable to believe
that during the entire calendar year the employee will be a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico;

And also from the federal code regarding social insecurity...

TITLE 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 7 - SOCIAL SECURITY
SUBCHAPTER II - FEDERAL OLD-AGE, SURVIVORS, AND DISABILITY INSURANCE
BENEFITS
§ 410. Definitions relating to employment

(i) United States
The term “United States” when used in a geographical sense means the States, the District of Columbia,
the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa.
(j) Employee
The term “employee” means—
(1) any officer of a corporation; or
(2) any individual who, under the usual common law rules applicable in determining the
employer-employee relationship, has the status of an employee; or
(3) any individual (other than an individual who is an employee under paragraph (1) or (2) of this
subsection) who performs services for remuneration for any person

So you see, if you are NOT an officer of a "corporation" and the corporation does not lie in the "United States", then you are not liable for taxes. Also if you are not a "U.S. citizen", those people BORN in federal territory, then you do not owe taxes. Americans do not owe taxes and can not be taxed on their labor. There are 450 different definitions of the "U.S." in the federal code, NONE of these defintions contain the 50 union states of America.

It is all double talk and nonsense. Americans do not owe taxes on their labor or property..period. End of story.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join