It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we must attack Iran immediately-New Cuban missile type crissis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissmygrits
I appreciate all the remarks concerning this topic.

It is obvious that none of the people who made those remarks were around at the time of the Cuban Missile crissis or.......... you still think the U.S. Military has the capability to stop or otherwise repel the Iranian- Venezuelain threat. This is only true if you have a leader with the capability to step up to the plate when the time is necessary. I do not have the confidence that the present administraion can do that. If I did have that confidence I would not have made this statement in the first place. Remember there is only one person who has the codes and keys that when matched by one other person who has the codes and keys, can cause a retailatory strike. Retailation is not a good option in an Atomic Age.

President Kennedy had the capability to call the Russians bluff. Had Obama been at the Helm during the Cuban Missile crissis I do not think we would be at our computers expressing our thoughts to thousands of people at once, all around the world, we would still to this day be in a cave or underground waiting for the dust to settle and the Radiation to decay to a level we can live with.
I was alive during the Cuban Missile Crissis and remember it very well. While in the military I witnessed a hydrogen bomb being set off and that was one of the last above ground tests conducted in the early 60's. It still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck to think about the blast effect and tremendeous bright light I saw from well over 100 miles away.

One must fully understand the awful awsom power of an Atomic Bomb before you can shrugg off the possiblity of neglecting to prevent those who should not have one from having it. And to make a statement that " we should wait to be hit first" is shear stupidity most likely from a true lack of understanding just what is at stake here. KMG

You lost your bet.. Was around then and do remember that bit of stupidity.. Even did 4 tours in a little place called vietnam with s.o.g .. Am quite familiar with and disgusted with the bastards in D.C and their stupid little games that do nothing except get people killed so they can profit and live a life of luxery on their bloodmoney.. Same # new faces nothing ever changes when the bastards in D.C are involved..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Originally posted by kissmygrits
I appreciate all the remarks concerning this topic.

It is obvious that none of the people who made those remarks were around at the time of the Cuban Missile crissis or.......... you still think the U.S. Military has the capability to stop or otherwise repel the Iranian- Venezuelain threat. This is only true if you have a leader with the capability to step up to the plate when the time is necessary. I do not have the confidence that the present administraion can do that. If I did have that confidence I would not have made this statement in the first place. Remember there is only one person who has the codes and keys that when matched by one other person who has the codes and keys, can cause a retailatory strike. Retailation is not a good option in an Atomic Age.

President Kennedy had the capability to call the Russians bluff. Had Obama been at the Helm during the Cuban Missile crissis I do not think we would be at our computers expressing our thoughts to thousands of people at once, all around the world, we would still to this day be in a cave or underground waiting for the dust to settle and the Radiation to decay to a level we can live with.
I was alive during the Cuban Missile Crissis and remember it very well. While in the military I witnessed a hydrogen bomb being set off and that was one of the last above ground tests conducted in the early 60's. It still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck to think about the blast effect and tremendeous bright light I saw from well over 100 miles away.

One must fully understand the awful awsom power of an Atomic Bomb before you can shrugg off the possiblity of neglecting to prevent those who should not have one from having it. And to make a statement that " we should wait to be hit first" is shear stupidity most likely from a true lack of understanding just what is at stake here. KMG

You lost your bet.. Was around then and do remember that bit of stupidity.. Even did 4 tours in a little place called vietnam with s.o.g .. Am quite familiar with and disgusted with the bastards in D.C and their stupid little games that do nothing except get people killed so they can profit and live a life of luxery on their bloodmoney.. Same # new faces nothing ever changes when the bastards in D.C are involved..

I was around back during the Cuban thing. I also spent 3 tours in Nam,
not as many as the poster above, but I was there when it all went down.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

How can you even pretend this is anything close to the Cuban missile crisis?! For some reason I can't help but think Cuba backed by Soviet Russia in it's prime is more of a threat than Hugo Chavez backed by an easily crushable Iran.

Not to mention, at least when the Cuban missile crisis happened, the missiles had the capability to strike the real targets in the US. Iranian missiles don't have that capability stationed in Venezuela... and they are not even there yet...

Going to war with Iran would be a monumentally dumb move at this juncture.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
Yes that's a great idea. Lets to war in order to achieve peace. They should hand you a Nobel Peace Prize as well.

That reply directed at me? I think I must have miscommunicated my point.

Here's the cliff notes:
We are going to panic because another country has nuclear missiles within range; when Europe has been in range of Iran for a while and we put stuff within a stones throw of Iran...
( you see I see no small amount of a irony there.).
But all they gota' do is flinch down there in venezuela and ahmadumazz will see the light before any u.s. citizen..

Oh yeah: The "Nobel peace prize?"crack. Why not; they don't mean anything any more since mr.wonderful got one for just showing up.
edit on 9-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join