It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we must attack Iran immediately-New Cuban missile type crissis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Today on the Drudge Report it was reported that Iran has placed Missiles in Venezuela that can reach the U.S.A.

For those of you who are old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crissis it was a time in our life when we really believed that we could be attacked with Atomic Bombs/missiles raining down on our heads.
Now it is about to happen again! For you younger people you need to take a look at history and gage for yourself just how close we came to blowing up the whole world.

The heck with Israel, this has nothing to do with them it is time we look at our own self preservation. I believe Iran already has several Nukeclear weapon. One they received from from a Soviet block nation that did not return the device to Russia when the Soviet Union fell and one or more from North Korea.

Check this out for yourself and alert your friends and neighbors. KMG

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

Hold the phone! No one can just going attacking each other willy nilly, To suggest we should attack iran is an incitement to war, and your allegations dont support an attack at all, Many countries have this sort of tech, Going by your quick to the mark decisions why didnt iran attack the US knowing about thier capabilities.
Thanks for pointing out that they have these weapons.
But dont start suggesting that there should be more blood on the hands of America.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yeah, let's start yet another preemptive war of aggression when our military is already spread thin fighting people who we just had to attack so that their WMD's didn't get us. (How did that turn out?)

It is time to get attacked before we attack someone else...Let Venezuela fire a missile at us, they will be a smoldering hole in the ground before the first missile lands. And that missile will kill less people than a poorly thought out foray into Iran would.

OR we could attack Iran, expand our military budget (making the poor more destitute) and reinstate the draft...sounds like fun to me. (I am sure that if we attack Iran the missiles will just dissapear and not get launched
)
edit on 9-12-2010 by Killface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I need to get the hell out of here if Iran plans to launch those missiles. I'm not sticking around to get blown up.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

I don't want my country to be attacked anymore than any body else but my logical side asks:
" How many carrier groups do we have in the gulf of Oman now???
Not to mention boomers lurking around. Odds are Tehran is 3-5 minutes from a u.s. launch order to gassification" (detonation).

I seem to remember a whole flotilla of navy ships moving south (for an "exercise") around the time the macondo well was puking oil allover the gulf of Mexico.I wonder how close we came to blows then? perhaps we had a blockade and didn't even know it?.

And the "L.A.missile shot" ( Iranian sub?)

edit on 9-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes that's a great idea. Lets to war in order to achieve peace. They should hand you a Nobel Peace Prize as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissmygrits
Today on the Drudge Report it was reported that Iran has placed Missiles in Venezuela that can reach the U.S.A.

For those of you who are old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crissis it was a time in our life when we really believed that we could be attacked with Atomic Bombs/missiles raining down on our heads.
Now it is about to happen again! For you younger people you need to take a look at history and gage for yourself just how close we came to blowing up the whole world.

The heck with Israel, this has nothing to do with them it is time we look at our own self preservation. I believe Iran already has several Nukeclear weapon. One they received from from a Soviet block nation that did not return the device to Russia when the Soviet Union fell and one or more from North Korea.

Check this out for yourself and alert your friends and neighbors. KMG

Just what exactly is it with you, that makes you think US is the only one to have the right to have missiles, especially when US has them all over the planet, and to believe that it has the right to wage war with all and sundry at will. Imo, that's a really sick and dangerous mentality. That kind of thinking is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Rubbish.. You should be more worried about the hell your own u.s government is going to be putting you through there at home.. D.C is a bigger threat to you than Iran ever was or will be.. Oh wait.. With the u.s military abroad the u.s government can finish trashing the constitution and apply the final solution to all who dissent.. Carry on then be good citizens of the state...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think that Iran has actually got the missiles in place yet as
you alluded to. They only have an agreement as of now.
Even if they do, it's not like they are going to start lobbing them
at us any time soon. I think Hugo isn't too anxious to be bombed
to the next life just yet either.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
I don't think that Iran has actually got the missiles in place yet as
you alluded to. They only have an agreement as of now.
Even if they do, it's not like they are going to start lobbing them
at us any time soon. I think Hugo isn't too anxious to be bombed
to the next life just yet either.

Something tells me that one way or another, even if they do have an agreement, those missiles will never get to Venezuela. Whether it's by the carrot or the stick no way it happens

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Where is the source for Iran having a nuclear weapon, given by a former Soviet bloc nation? I know this is a conspiracy site, but we really should not just be making stuff up.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The story said missiles not nukes

They don't have them...yet

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I think we should attack Iran because it will help end the State.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

The OP stated a belief that Iran had a nuke from a former Soviet state. I suspect it is simply made-up nonsense

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I appreciate all the remarks concerning this topic.

It is obvious that none of the people who made those remarks were around at the time of the Cuban Missile crissis or.......... you still think the U.S. Military has the capability to stop or otherwise repel the Iranian- Venezuelain threat. This is only true if you have a leader with the capability to step up to the plate when the time is necessary. I do not have the confidence that the present administraion can do that. If I did have that confidence I would not have made this statement in the first place. Remember there is only one person who has the codes and keys that when matched by one other person who has the codes and keys, can cause a retailatory strike. Retailation is not a good option in an Atomic Age.

President Kennedy had the capability to call the Russians bluff. Had Obama been at the Helm during the Cuban Missile crissis I do not think we would be at our computers expressing our thoughts to thousands of people at once, all around the world, we would still to this day be in a cave or underground waiting for the dust to settle and the Radiation to decay to a level we can live with.
I was alive during the Cuban Missile Crissis and remember it very well. While in the military I witnessed a hydrogen bomb being set off and that was one of the last above ground tests conducted in the early 60's. It still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck to think about the blast effect and tremendeous bright light I saw from well over 100 miles away.

One must fully understand the awful awsom power of an Atomic Bomb before you can shrugg off the possiblity of neglecting to prevent those who should not have one from having it. And to make a statement that " we should wait to be hit first" is shear stupidity most likely from a true lack of understanding just what is at stake here. KMG

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Nobody would dare be the first country to launch a nuke nowadays, The moment it happens every country would side against them in order to neutralise the threat, Nuke,s are a detterent only,
Besides the cuba missile crisis was harldy a crisis compared to what could have happend under those circumstances and tensions, If nukes start going off were all gonna go together no two ways about it, Everyone has these deadly weapons nowadays, i would be more worried about the US firing the first shot if i were you

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissmygrits

President Kennedy had the capability to call the Russians bluff. Had Obama been at the Helm during the Cuban Missile crissis I do not think we would be at our computers expressing our thoughts to thousands of people at once, all around the world, we would still to this day be in a cave or underground waiting for the dust to settle and the Radiation to decay to a level we can live with.

We had faith and some confidence in our president at the time. I dont think anyone, even the people who were so supportive concerning him, trust or have any confidence or faith in Obama and sincerely question his capability to handle a serious crisis now. Even if it was all a charade under Kennedy, the people handled it and werent terrorized. Part of our situation with "terrorism" is our own leaders and oiur justifiable lack of confidence in them to do what is in our best interests. In any case, dont let these 2 morons terrorize you or read too much into this big huge announcement

Saying all of that, I still do not believe that we should just bomb to bomb a country for what they MIGHT do.. even one as loony as Iran. Chavez and Amadenijad are butt buddies with a common enemy.. the US and anyone who is our ally. However, they have they can put missiles anywhere they want on their soil.. and it is the wider international community these days that has to come to some consensus as to how to proceed with them ratehr than it being a unilateral US decision. This also goes into my pet peeve with non-US posters who like to make is as if the US is the bad guy with EVERYTHING everywhere.
Nope, there are no clean hands in the world anymore. Onthe flip side.. it wont be just us dealing with these 2 dopes and their dreams of being big boys in the play ground.

This missile placement is also not a done deal. The missiles arent even manufactured yet nor is there anything set in stone. They dont even have enough material to make a very good dirty bomb yet.
Id say, dont chicken-little it just yet. You know how both of those men are.. they talk a lot and rattle plastic swords every chance they get. As we are set up now we can intercept ANYTHING that would be thrown at us from Chavez or that area. His neighboring countries arent real fond of him either.
If we had an EMP and lost our patriots, we have subs/ships that have the capability and the missiles to intercept.

These days things arent as cut and dried as the Cuban missile crisis.. similar, but not enough to expect it to be handled in the same way by any means.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Are you willing to send your kids over to attack Iran? Are you willing to finance another war?

costofwar.com...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

edit on 9-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Are you willing to send your kids over to attack Iran?

The important thing is that even if he doesn't want to send his kids, the government has the power to send his kids against his and his child's will.

It is important that the government have the authority to enslave young men through conscription, otherwise there might get to be too many young men. This is a problem for old men like myself that prefer to date younger women.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is the third thread about this and I've said the same thing in all of them.
Unless Iran has a new secret missile, their most technologically advanced missile is only capable of traveling around 1,250 miles. Venezuela is around 3,500 miles from California.

So yeah, not much of a concern. It's most likely B.S. as the Government has wanted Venezuela since the start of this decade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join