It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police beat man to death in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Police beat man to death in Egypt

www.presstv.com

Egyptian plainclothes police officers have beaten a man to death in the country's second largest city, Alexandria, on grounds that he had defaulted on a bank loan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Has this made it in Western News agencies?

I like comparing incidents.

So

What would the reaction of such a brutal murder to an innocent protester would have been, if:

1. It happened in US.

2. It happened in Iran.

And

To further discussion I will ask:

Why it would there be a different reaction?

Thoughts

oz

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I tell you what there are some seriously primitive minds in Egypt....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are some seriously dark souls in this world.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In the US the "officer" would not even be involved in a situation like this, since the incident described would be considered civil and not criminal.

Hypothetically speaking if an officer did this, he would be arrested and most likely charged with 1st deree murder in addition to a 42 USC 1983 violation. Depending on the state it occured in, its possible the conviction could result in a death penalty. If the officer was acting under the color of law the family would be able to sue the department.

I cant speak to what other countries may or may not do with this situation, since I have no idea how their law works in the situation suggested.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by oozyism

In the US the "officer" would not even be involved in a situation like this, since the incident described would be considered civil and not criminal.

Hypothetically speaking if an officer did this, he would be arrested and most likely charged with 1st deree murder in addition to a 42 USC 1983 violation. Depending on the state it occured in, its possible the conviction could result in a death penalty. If the officer was acting under the color of law the family would be able to sue the department.

I cant speak to what other countries may or may not do with this situation, since I have no idea how their law works in the situation suggested.

I was actually referring to world reaction.

For example millions protested in Iran, the reaction was pretty strong, but when millions protested around Europe, it was mostly forgotten, still is forgotten.

So if this happened in US, how will the world see it, will they see it as just another injustice committed by the hands of US?

So if this happened in Iran, how will the world see it, will they see it as just another injustice committed by the hands of Iran?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sadly brutality isnt limited to one country.. No matter where one goes there will always be those with no regard for human life.. Doesnt matter who they are killing is wrong and nothing can ever justify taking the life of another human being..

new topics

top topics

join