It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Venezuela Missile Crisis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Wow, if true the implications could be immense!
Doesn't this remind you of The Cuban Missile Crisis of '62?

yup
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de14ec65b730.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok Seriously.

Get a Grip.

No it doesn't remind me of the Cuban Missile crises.

The US and USSR went eyeball to eyeball over Cuba and could have potentially obliterated the planet over it. I'm sorry but if you're afraid of that type of scenario then you have vastly over estimated Iran's abilities.

edit on 9-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Im not really sure what Irans abilities are actually.

That sounds like that could use a good thread

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It seems very odd that the only source for this story is Die Welt in Germany. It was apparently published last week, but very little notice has been taken, outside of some websites, which simply seem to have repeated it, without question. If this story is valid, why wasn't it all over American newspapers at that time, and/or since then? It just doesn't seem like the sort of story that would be generally ignored. There was a similar claim made in 2006 by one Kenneth Rijock. It was soon dismissed as a hoax. Could this be an attempted revival of that story? Ross

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Could this be an attempted revival of that story? Ross

Not sure, it could be, however it'd be silly to just dismiss it as not being true. Venezuela has been getting a lot of attention as of late and the Russians just announced a joint nuclear-plant to be built there, so I'm sure the US will be keeping a watchful eye over them for quite some time regardless if this article is true or not.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Everything is a False-Flag
Everything is a CIA plot.
Everybody who is a US Allie is a Puppet

The world according to OOZ

"America can't do no wrong" disease.

Slayer is infected and it is air born

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
its simple, venezuala sells oil to its neighbours at cheaper rates than what the us does, this does not go down well in the power crazed whitehouse so they feed propoganda to their people. we dont get news regarding venezuala in the uk its seen as a democracy and has one of the best human rights records in the world (in recent years), chaves is trying to educate his people and makes deals with embargoed countries for teachers and doctors.
i think the usa wants the rest of the world to be illiterate and live in shacks as they seem to resent any sign of progress in nations of which they dont have their chubby greedy fingers in every pie.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

dont tell me big brother did not see this coming---long time scenario---with all the nuc's being de-activated-could this happen w/iran and venezuela's nuclear contract??

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
FFS, some people.

The only mention of nuclear weaponry mentioned in the article linked to in the OP is that Iran are looking to possibly develop a new missilie that might be able to carry a nuclear warhead if they ever develop that capability.
Lot's of possibles and maybe's there.

The simple fact of the matter is that Iran has not got nuclear capabiliy and even if it has, or does in the future, the agreement is for the missilies and not the warheads.
And no current missile can reach the US from Venezuela.
And let's face it, if the US really wanted to they could quite easily wipe both Iran and Venezuela off the face of the earth in a matter of seconds.
Of course there would be serious repercussions but that would be little consolation to Chavez and Ahmadinajad because they would be dust on the wind and their countries would be deslolated wastelands.

If the US had wanted to attack Iran it would have done so years ago.
Yes, it MIGHT try to destabilise it but it will not attack / invade Iran in the foreseeable future.

The US will not invade Venezuela.
Chavez is a pesky nuisance, nothing more, nothing less.

Some people just want to do nothing but constantly spew out both anti and pro US rhetoric in accordance with their set in stone, bigotted opinions regardless of the facts or consideration for alternative viewpoints.

Complete bollocks and an utter crock.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
reply to post by harrytuttle

Actions have consequences.

That's what I'm talking about - I guess the difference between you and me is that you'd like to be on the receiving end of those consequences (get nuked by Iranian missiles stationed in Venezuela) and I'd rather be the one initiating the Actions (USA shutting down the Iran/Venezuela nukes).

When it comes to nuclear missiles in the hands of irresponsible nations controlled by a military dictator, there is no negotiating. You can warn them not to do it. You can play nice and convince them their future would be better without the hosting the nukes.

But when it comes to the point that they ignore your "negotiations", and actually set up shop with nukes, talk time has ended.

ACTION is required.

And believe you, me: The USA will take action and they know it.

The USA isn't threatened by Mutually Assured Destruction from Venezuela, as was the case during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Venezuela can't respond with nukes if we nuke them first. They won't even know what's coming with those Tomahawks flying in low and fast. By the time our nukes go off, they will have NOTHING left to respond with.

Those are the CONSEQUENCES.
edit on 9-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

While I don't necessarily agree with a nuclear preemptive strike vs conventional, your reasoning is sound. To everyone who says "well the US can have missles and nukes all over the world, why can't everyone else", let's be realistic. The majority of those are for the protection of our allies...defensive vs offensive. Do people really not think that there are political and religious fanatics all over the world would would love to attack the US with a nuke? What would you say if god forbid that did happen? Don't give me some lame false-flag response either. The level of US bashing here on ATS is incredible. I can't think of many countries that don't have their hand out looking for US support during some natural disaster or catastrophe. It seems like yesterday that I remember a picture of a C-17 on a runway in China bringing humanitarian supplies to them after an earthquake. I guess it's the big bad US until you're in trouble and need help. You can't have it both ways people.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
Really?

Of course, with our vast surplus of military equipment and personnel along with our vast completely stable resources, we can easily open up a third and possibly fourth theatre of operation with little to no consequences.

We'll just put them in "a world of pain." We won't have to worry about civilian casualties being used to radicalize the rest of South America or anything like that. And surely we would have no difficulty in a potential land war in a tropical climate against enemies that have spent generations engaged in varying degrees of jungle warfare.

This could be spectacularly bad, because the U.S. is completely overextended on the other side of the world. Now that there's a threat in our own backyard, what are we going to do?

I'm picking up on your sarcasm, I get it, cute.

But we aren't talking about invading and occupying the nation of Venezuela. We are talking about a one-way nuclear exchange, from the USA to Venezuela.

If they bring in those medium range nuclear missiles, then we will simply nuke those sites with nuclear warhead tipped Tomahawk cruise missiles. Done & done. The USA isn't going to mess around with idiots like Venezuela hosting nuclear missiles aimed at the USA. Those missiles could reach their targets in the USA in 5 minutes.

Again, it's so completely unacceptable to the USA that using nukes to destroy their missile sites is foregone conclusion.

You will "simply" nuke the hell out of a country that does nothing wrong other than supply a military platform for their allies?

How about all the American nukes spread all around the globe, pointed at every country imaginable?

Or maybe the countless military bases that you have everywhere both by consent and conquest..

Need i remind you that the USA has still been the only country to actually use nukes in order to kill people?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

No no.. not the country.
We take all the people of the country to the middle of the New Mexico desert and nuke them there.
Duh.
edit on 10-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

"Do people really not think that there are political and religious fanatics all over the world would would love to attack the US with a nuke?"

That's what lying politicians claim.. I'm not worried about it. If anything, after 2 aggressive wars based on lies occupations and millions of innocent people suffering, there are angry people out there looking for revenge against those responsible: DC politicians who started the violence. I didn't vote for those crooks & liars, they don't represent me and I wouldn't miss them if they got served a dish of payback.

Besides that: GOOD for Iran & Venezuela.. the ridiculous clowns who call themselves republicans & democrats have ZERO moral authority or credibility telling other nations how to behave responsibly.. both Iran & Venezuela can do what they feel is in their best interests while laughing at US party leaders as far as I'm concerned.

In case it's not obvious.. the US has become a threat to them.. of course the DC mafia would love for them to remain weak & relatively defenseless, can't bully them if they have legit means of defense.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Love the bad assed saber rattling going on in this thread by all you tough guys.

Maybe you should stop your juvenile chest beating long enough to ask yourself a few simple questions.

On what moral authority have we any right to complain? We have nukes pointed everywhere and capable of hitting anyone. And we have used them before. The opposite is not true. So who's the threat?

The U.S. has tried to overthrow Chavez and has a long history of overthrowing South American governments, especially democratically elected one. The opposite is not true. So who's the threat?

The U.S. has repeatedly in the past 10 years shown willingness -- strike that, EAGERNESS --- to attack other countries without cause and trumped up charges. We have shown extreme satisfaction as a nation sending our boys and girls to slaughter and be slaughtered to make companies rich. We kill tens of thousands of innocents and have the audacity to label people fighting back at us in their own neighborhoods as "terrorists." They are terrorists? Really? So if yo are defending your home from the government trying to break down your door, guess what you are called? A terrorist or extremist and you'll be shot and killed without a tear. See any parallel? So who's the threat?

Wake up you people with misplaced patriotism. Our government is the most dangerous and biggest terror threat in the world.

If I am Venezuela. If I am Mexico. If I am pretty much anyone the U.S. has an issue with, I'd be building nukes and aiming them at the U.S. for sure. It is called self defense and survival.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Iran's missiles are pathetic and could not reach the U.S. from there. Plus they don't even have the capability yet of making a crude nuclear bomb, much less one that is tested and refined enough to put on the tip of a missile. We would have no reason to "nuke" the missile site. We have eyes on the area 24/7 thanks to satellites and could easily just deploy a normal smart ordinance to take out any missile site that was built.

Sorry to disappoint the USA haters, and those who are already blaming us for "nuking" "yet another" country in retaliation for an act that is just a rumor. Go put some Christmas lights on your giant straw man and have a happy holiday

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The level of hypocrisy and ignorance, far exceeds the level of logic and common sense in threads like this.

Also, the 'double-standards' never stop to amaze me .

Peace... please?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, my government has been looking for a good excuse to roll over Chavez. Looks like the Dictator Extraordinaire just gave them about 30.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Finally, I see this hitting the MSM a bit. Found this from a World News link and everything they post is usually official.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

We're sure in for a few interesting decades!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Some NEW news about this topic, Hugo Chavez joking about missiles pointed towards Washington D.C.!
www.heraldtribune.com...

"They are pointing directly at Washington," Chavez joked during a meeting with top government officials that was broadcast on state television.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This has already been posted. It is very old news.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

No #, if you look I broke the news WAYYYY before the link you provided me. Go go page 1 of this topic and you'll see I broke the news in September 2010 (half a year before the link you gave). 1st one on this site. I was simply giving an update.
edit on 1-6-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: mispelling, explaining that i was the first to break this news

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

No #, if you look I broke the news WAYYYY before the link you provided me. Go go page 1 of this topic and you'll see I broke the news in September 2010 (half a year before the link you gave). 1st one on this site. I was simply giving an update.

edit on 1-6-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: mispelling, explaining that i was the first to break this news

Oooops my bad, I thought this was new. My apologees
edit on 2-6-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join