It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 year old caught in Holland for hacking paypal and mastercard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

16 year old caught in Holland for hacking paypal and mastercard

www.telegraaf.nl (In Dutch)

FreeRepublic

AMSTERDAM - The police on the night of Wednesday to Thursday in The Hague a 16-year-old boy arrested allegedly involved in digital attacks by sympathizers of the Wikileaks sites including MasterCard and PayPal. This has the national office of the Public Prosecutor (OM) announced Thursday.

(translated with google)
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-12-2010 by SkurkNilsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They seem to have arrested a kid for participating in the latest attacks against paypal and mastercard in operation Revenge Assange by Anonymous. There have been several attacks today on both paypal, visa and there have been threats to attack facebook aswell.

Will post more links as I find them.

What is your take on this situation?

Have you cancelled your paypal or Amazon?

www.telegraaf.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

when we petition we show strenght in numbers
paypal can be blacklisted
visa can be blacklisted
amazon can be blacklisted

these companys only care if it hurts their bottom line
so boycot dont attack

capitalism at its finest
make them pay in the only legal way that will work

HIT THEIR BOTTOM LINE

boycot companys acociated with the blocking of free speach

xploder

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
original thread from 4 hours ago still on the new topic list

ats thread

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wish they'd stop referring to the likes of this kid and "Anonymous" as hackers. They are not. They are giving hackers a bad name. DDOSing a website does not make you a hacker. It makes you a dumb idiot. I wouldn't even describe these guys as script kiddies. They aren't even as GOOD!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I feel for the kid. We knew this would happen though. He was the first, but he won't be the last. I'm hoping he doesn't get extradited to Guantanamo. Yes, they would put a 16 yo hacker there. They don't care. Anyone that is on the side of truth will be at risk. This "war" is only just beginning.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
wow im 22 years old working tech support for blackberry living check to check...and somewhere out there there is a 16 year old who can hack into credit card companies... good for him. ATTA BOY!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
well, I imagine they will make an example out of him.

2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think it is quite dumb to attack Paypal, and MasterCard, and Amazon, etc. You can't blame them for not wanting to be involved with Wikileaks. What Wikileaks is doing is controversial and has unknown legal consequences. You can't expect entire corporations to risk their entire business by being "involved" in that legal mess.

Also, hacking those websites has no real effect. It is just really risky for the hacker, and slightly annoying for the website owner.

I think it is funny that a 16 year old is involved. It sort of makes Anonymous look childish and amateur. Which is why I think the 16 year old is either a scape goat or a lone hacker getting involved on his own, and maybe not a part of Anonymous. Poor kid probably didn't realize what he was getting himself into because he is just a kid. Looking back, I did some stupid things I regret when I was 16.... I'm glad they were not as stupid as getting involved in this Wikileaks mess.

edit on 9-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
well, I imagine they will make an example out of him.

2nd

I HOPE the will make an example out of him (and many more) in order to stop this childish madness.

In general, people are cowards. I'd say 99.9 % of all 'Anonymous' ddos attackers would quit once they realize that they actually CAN get busted and what the consequences could be for them.

CaseCloser

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I think it is quite dumb to attack Paypal, and MasterCard, and Amazon, etc. You can't blame them for not wanting to be involved with Wikileaks. What Wikileaks is doing is controversial and has unknown legal consequences. You can't expect entire corporations to risk their entire business by being "involved" in that legal mess.

Are you saying it's ok to support the KKK?
Are you aware that VISA services payments for KKK?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Skittle because: I can't spell at times

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaseCloser

He's just a child man.. Have some compassion.. If it was a full grown man I'd agree, but a 16 year old kid? They need to give him his warning / slap on the wrist and let him go IMO....

We have all done stupid things as children. At least it was this instead of murder right?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Obviously the attacks AND reactions worldwide made a change: PayPal is going to pay the Wikileaks money now to Wau Holland Foundation, but won't reopen Wikileak's account anymore. This is the more interesting, since Wau Holland Foundation was also closed, but they let their lawyers complain.

Regarding the boy: Some here seems to think, that every time somebody is arrested or even questioned by the police, that he is lost and gone forever. We are in Europe here. It's the Netherlands. He will be home for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

are you sure about that ? this "issue" is much bigger than a theft in a store. "_)

i don't want to see a bunch of hackers going down to the red room..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Someone got arrested for doing something illegal?

Good.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

But you can support Stormfront and Ku Klux Klan with Paypal, mastercard and Visa, isn't that controversial?

Pluss, I think especially paypal is loosing a good bit of money because there are alot of people, me included, that have closed their account because of this.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Regarding the boy: Some here seems to think, that every time somebody is arrested or even questioned by the police, that he is lost and gone forever. We are in Europe here. It's the Netherlands. He will be home for Christmas.

Hehe, that's a great comment and it's ripe with truth

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by CaseCloser

He's just a child man.. Have some compassion.. If it was a full grown man I'd agree, but a 16 year old kid? They need to give him his warning / slap on the wrist and let him go IMO....

We have all done stupid things as children. At least it was this instead of murder right?

I doubt he would get any smarter in a few years from now (rather dumber, due to today's degenerating society), so it doesn't really make a difference if he gets punished now or later.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Are you saying it's ok to support the KKK?

No, I am not saying that.

Originally posted by Skittle
Are you aware that VISA services payments for KKK?

As far as I am aware, the KKK are not doing anything illegal. They are not stealing secret government documents and posting them on the internet.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
But you can support Stormfront and Ku Klux Klan with Paypal, mastercard and Visa, isn't that controversial?

As far as I am aware, Stormfront and the KKK are not doing anything illegal. They are not releasing classified secret documents on the internet and putting lives at risk. That is an entirely different issue. It's a legal issue... not a moral one.

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
Pluss, I think especially paypal is loosing a good bit of money because there are alot of people, me included, that have closed their account because of this.

-edit-

I made a reading mistake. So I deleted my comment.

You closed your account because of this? You closed your account because a company doesn't want to deal with legal issues or be involved in illegal activity? Great.... good for you.

I bet PayPal could care less. They will probably save more money avoiding legal issues than they would loose money from people closing their accounts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join