It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New Clothing Line Reminds TSA of the 4th Amendment

page: 1
23
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

New Clothing Line Reminds TSA of the 4th Amendment


www.aolnews.com

Not thrilled with the Transportation Security Administration's new touchy-feely pat down techniques and full-body scanners? Now there's a line of underclothes that offer a friendly reminder of the Fourth Amendment during controversial searches.

It's called 4th Amendment Wear.

Metallic ink printed on shirts spells out the privacy rights stated in the amendment and is designed to appear in TSA scanners.

(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is a truly clever idea for those that must travel, the newly created 4th Amendment Underwear with the 4th Amendment printed in metallic ink so it will show up on the scanners as shown below.



I personally won’t fly while these draconian security measures aimed at degrading people and inciting unwarranted fear and distrust exist, but I know some people don’t feel they have that luxury due to work or family circumstances.

Not everyone has the desire or courage to get in a verbal exchange with the TSA agents at the airports so why not just put it them in writing.

The pen, it’s mightier than the sword.


www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


lol nice. See government can create jobs. Just pass some ridiculous laws and someone will invent something to counter it.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Heh they need to make one that when viewed through the scanner it shows a suspicious looking device embedded in your chest cavity
or one of those cartoon style bombs. Maybe a chest burster or some exotic animals, maybe even a little man trying to get out...

No doubt there is some law forbidding such a prank... and you could be arrested for taking the mickey. Such organizations tend to dont like being made fun of.




edit on 9-12-2010 by BigfootNZ because: meep



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So $20 plus shipping to make a point to some double digit IQ fat retard with a fake badge who won't get the point you're making and more than likely will flag you down for an "enhanced" chat. Sweet, that's civil disobedience at it's finest.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Would be a great idea except by the look of most TSA staff I doubt they could read it..

They need an easier to see symbol, maybe a pic of a hand with a suggestive gesture..

"Give em the bird"



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Would be a great idea except by the look of most TSA staff I doubt they could read it..

They need an easier to see symbol, maybe a pic of a hand with a suggestive gesture..

"Give em the bird"


I can just see them in their locker rooms and staff meetings now.

What's this 4th Ammendment thing I keep reading about? Where's that from?




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cool idea.
I even saw this one company making metallic plated underwear to block the scan in that private area.
I'm wondering if these metallic particles will raise flags as potential explosive material or whatever.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Cool idea.
I even saw this one company making metallic plated underwear to block the scan in that private area.
I'm wondering if these metallic particles will raise flags as potential explosive material or whatever.


Probably a sure fired way to get a genital groping but I am think Burt Reynolds in "Strip Teaze" were he declares "I am covered in vaseline from my head to my toes!"

That ought to get them to change a pair of gloves.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


If I was gay I'd organize a trip with Gays and Lesbians..
We could all line up and smile at the TSA staff, waiting for our grope..



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Great idea! Maybe if they see this a few times it will hit them... Nah. :shk: But I love the idea.


reply to post by backinblack
 


You can always pretend.
I would.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Another good post!

I'm not flying either and refuse to be scanned or touched but this is excellent information. We should all buy this as probably the scanners and pat downs are just beginning.

I guarantee this abuse of our 4th Amendment will eventually extend to bus and train stations.

Hope this post is applauded.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


If I was gay I'd organize a trip with Gays and Lesbians..
We could all line up and smile at the TSA staff, waiting for our grope..


Actually the TSA will file sexual harrasment charges or lewd and lacivious behavior charges if they get a overt inkling that you are having sexual fun out of the inspection process.

Fun is strictly prohibited in the United States of Amerika!

Ya vo!



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Another good post!

I'm not flying either and refuse to be scanned or touched but this is excellent information. We should all buy this as probably the scanners and pat downs are just beginning.

I guarantee this abuse of our 4th Amendment will eventually extend to bus and train stations.

Hope this post is applauded.


I think this is an excellent Christmas Gift Idea for people who have to travel. I think passive protest is the way to go in the face of the beast. Having to accept things in the face of armed force and threat of penalty is one thing, having to like it is something else entirely.

Great post as always, thanks for sharing.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Heh they need to make one that when viewed through the scanner it shows a suspicious looking device embedded in your chest cavity
or one of those cartoon style bombs. Maybe a chest burster or some exotic animals, maybe even a little man trying to get out...

No doubt there is some law forbidding such a prank... and you could be arrested for taking the mickey. Such organizations tend to dont like being made fun of.




edit on 9-12-2010 by BigfootNZ because: meep


This would probably be a lot of fun until they wheel you into the operating room with a team of bomb squad surgeons standing by!

Or they attach explosives to you and blow you up in a controlled demolition like they did to the harmless toy robot in Denver last week.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


I was thinking I might have a large bowl of cream of broccoli soup and a huge burrito from Las Delicious then pop a few viagra before heading on my next trip.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


Already on my Christmas wish list 2 weeks ago.


Waiting for the Government to start a ban on anything or anyone wearing them.

Should make the company a bundle on them.

Someone needs to send one to Barack Obama and every President after him.


Quote from : JetBlue, TSA employees settle Arabic T-shirt case for $240,000

JetBlue Airways and two TSA screeners will pay $240,000 to settle an Iraqi man's claim he was denied access to a flight until he covered a T-shirt that read in English and Arabic, "We Will Not be Silent."

In the settlement, JetBlue and the TSA screeners deny any wrongdoing, saying they only wanted to resolve the 2½-year-old federal lawsuit.

But Raed Jarrar, an Iraqi who immigrated to the United States three years ago, cast the settlement as a victory, saying the payout would discourage airlines and airport security officials from imposing restrictions in the future.


Already trying to silence Freedom of Speech I see.
edit on 12/9/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 


I was thinking I might have a large bowl of cream of broccoli soup and a huge burrito from Las Delicious then pop a few viagra before heading on my next trip.




Wow do they sell cream of broccoli soup at Las Delicious, doesn't sound like a soupa of the diaz to me senior!

Actually you can do like the Nigerians do and swallow a bunch of balloons filled with laxitive with some thick ochra soup.

Where some depenz and make it a real challenge.

Can I go to the bathroom? Ooops too late.




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
 



Already on my Christmas wish list 2 weeks ago.


Waiting for the Government to start a ban on anything or anyone wearing them.

Should make the company a bundle on them.

Someone needs to send one to Barack Obama and every President after him.


Oh shoot, do we really have to have another President after him. I was thinking at this rate we would be better off without one at all!

Wishful thinking I guess.

Now we know what Santa ought to bring the Spartan King, I sure hope you haven't been naughty this year...

Oh wow!

I should have waited to look at the list later.

Well, better luck next year!



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This would probably be a lot of fun until they wheel you into the operating room with a team of bomb squad surgeons standing by!

Or they attach explosives to you and blow you up in a controlled demolition like they did to the harmless toy robot in Denver last week.



Yes I had thought of that while typing my post out... but would they really take it that seriously... oh wait, its an American security organization.

You make a good point... *Sigh*



new topics

top topics



 
23
<<   2 >>

log in

join