It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien technology lead to modern weaponry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Colonel Philip Corso, Army Intelligence officer, was a former head of the Foreign Technology at the U.S. Army's Research and Development department at the Pentagon. He spent four years as director of intelligence, on President Eisenhower's White House National Security Staff. Corso casually stated:
"Let there be no doubt, Alien technology harvested from the infamous saucer crash in Roswell, N.Mex. July 1947, led directly to the development of the: integrated circuit chip, fiber optic technologies, both the light Laser and Particle beams, electromagnetic propulsion systems, depleted uranium projectiles, Stealthing capabilities, and a great many others. How do I know? …I was in charge! It’s a matter of public record. I think the kids on this planet are wise to the truth; and I think we ought to give it to them.I think they deserve it!”

Whats the general consensus regarding this statement, or the theory in general?
edit on 9-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

Any links?......Oh, and um, you have spelt weaponry incorrectly

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jonskie

Sorry no link, it was out of a book I'm reading.
Thanks for the "weaponry" spot. That was a stupid mistake.
So no real opinion, just out to point out other peoples shortcomings?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howtosurvive2012
Whats the general consensus regarding this statement, or the theory in general?

Well, I think Corso was delusional.

Having had the misfortune of reading his novel, I can say that his grasp of technology is rather shaky. Much like his understanding of the history of the technology he tries to pawn off as having stimulated.

I've heard a much more interesting Army Story about post-WW2 tech during a government job interview - you can tell an Army Story because they start off "this ain't no s--t" instead of "once upon a time" - if that one was true, then Corso's book is a nice addition to the coverup. Or both stories could be fabrication, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Whats scariest:

1- The fact that Corso had the ranking and clearance he did.
2- The possibility of his implications being genuine.
3- The hundreds of astronauts that substantiate extraterrestrial life.
4- The possibility our own government is perpetuating the alien phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Here is a thread to get the ball rolling.

Don't mind the threads detractors. I hope it helps.

Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks Bud

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Whats scariest:

1- The fact that Corso had the ranking and clearance he did.

I'd have to give this one the highest points, because if he was just delusional, then he was a delusional LTC, and a delusional LTC can sometimes cause real issues. Most, though not all LTC's have clearances, I had one as high as an E6, I suspect, but a delusional guy with a TS can be a problem, as you saw with Bradley Manning recently, so in that sense I guess Corso could be "frightening". If you're wondering something along the line of "Bu bu bubut LTC's can't be crazy!", you haven't known many, and I give you Tom Bearden, who as an LTC lost his marbles and wrote that ZOG paper.

2- The possibility of his implications being genuine.

Well, ANYTHING is possible. There is some possibility that monkeys will fly out of my arse in the next minute. That possibility is so close to zero that it won't likely happen in the lifetime of the universe, but it exists. I could toss a few hundred pennies in the air, and they might all land on edge in a nice portrait of George Bush, that, too, is a possibility. But again, it's not likely.

If you've read the Corso novel, and you understand technology, that is, you design that sort of thing for a living, you just can't read that thing without going "wtf?", because he comes off as a fool. I guess if you don't know much about it, it sounds really good, but it was a struggle to read the whole thing. There's some odd bits about the military, DOD, Pentagon and the contractor thing that from the standpoint of being one don't seem to ring true either, but maybe when you're a delusional LTC things are a bit different in your world. YMMV.

3- The hundreds of astronauts that substantiate extraterrestrial life.

Not all that sure how many "hundreds of astronauts" there are, but I'll betcha you can't list 100 that are on the record as "substantiating" it. Whatever you mean by that. If you mean hundreds have been in space and have seen little space buddies, that's not true. If you mean "think that out there somewhere there is probably some form of life" that would be different.

However, I really like Ed Mitchell and his "Noetic Sciences", nothing like seeing a scientist become a woo slinger. I really find it amusing when they start babbling about ESP and auras.

At any rate, astronauts are generally test pilots, more educated than your common grunt, but no more an expert on extraterrestrial life than you are a paleobotanist.

4- The possibility our own government is perpetuating the alien phenomenon.

Well, that would go along with the Army Story I had been told, in that the government was perpetuating an "alien phenomenon" to cover up their activities that went along with the post WW2 tech developments.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

All very logical and rational replies. One thing that sticks out, which may be unrelated, I'd never known a director to have a real grasp on what their directing. I'd assume Corso had no clue about the day to day, whether it was a genuine reality or not. Most upper-management personal I'd ever been under, manages to be clueless to what it is they manage. My point is: either he was crazy to the point of being consistently delusional; the military employs nut jobs, and is so unbelievably incompetent, it promotes them up the ladder to a top secret clearance; or they, the military, told him to say so in an effort to... what, why?

Disinformation is usually implemented to distract the public from reality. Why would he offer this scenario? I know UFO's are advertised by the military to distract us from their capabilities. It doesn't make them all fake; does it?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Most upper-management personal I'd ever been under, manages to be clueless to what it is they manage. My point is: either he was crazy to the point of being consistently delusional; the military employs nut jobs, and is so unbelievably incompetent, it promotes them up the ladder to a top secret clearance; or they, the military, told him to say so in an effort to... what, why?

Well, there are a number of nut jobs I'd run into when I was in. Corso wouldn't be the only one. And it's more the MOS that defines the clearance, unless you've really got some crap in your cupboard. See Bradley Manning for an example. You've got LTC Tom Bearden writing about "Zog" in a real official paper, about his last one if I get the timeline right, because it was way nuts, and they were right to can him.

If it were true, and it's not, the government wouldn't just let Corso publish it. They bought up the first run of Operation Dark Heart and burned it, and ODH didn't have squat compared to this. Yet, this was published without a peep, and Corso wasn't hauled in and tossed in Leavenworth. Why? Because there wasn't anything in there.

Disinformation is usually implemented to distract the public from reality. Why would he offer this scenario? I know UFO's are advertised by the military to distract us from their capabilities. It doesn't make them all fake; does it?

Think about it. What better way to get your eyes off the dove going up the sleeve than to offer you a monster to catch your attention instead? The crash at Roswell - consider - what else might have gone on? Assume that both the weather balloon and the little space buddy story are both layered cover stories, and that anyone who was a witness to them was faked off. Assume too, that it is a project way bigger than the development of the nuclear bomb, running at about the same time. Who were the big players in the bomb development? Who was not, that should have been? Why not? What were they up to? Who was going back and forth between the bomb project and, say, IAS? Who got together at IAS before the bomb project got going, that was a real oddball combination, worthy of note? It's a wacky world, nothing is what it seems.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thirty years later, Roswell intelligence officer Jesse Marcel confessed to the recovery of a “flying saucer”. Three Unidentified Flying Object research teams: Moore/Berlitz, Randle/Schmitt, and Friedman/Berliner, confirmed Marcel's testimony on the basis of a great number of corresponding eye-witness accounts. Marcel logged over 468 hours as a pilot. He flew B-24 aircraft, served as a bombardier, a waist-gunner, and was the recipient of five medals for shooting down enemy aircrafts in World War II. Towards the end of the war, he was assigned to the 509th Bomb Wing. This division was an elite group. All of those who were a party required top-secret clearances. Was he "nuts" too. Is the entire military nuts? I'm not sure whats scarier: Alien invasion, or our own government.

I hear ya. I know nothing is as it seems. I know counterintelligence and disinformation are common practice. (and must be) Still, how and why could so many separate sources tell the same story in this instance.
Have you ever read about "the battle of LA"?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thirty years later, Roswell intelligence officer Jesse Marcel confessed to the recovery of a “flying saucer”. Three Unidentified Flying Object research teams: Moore/Berlitz, Randle/Schmitt, and Friedman/Berliner, confirmed Marcel's testimony on the basis of a great number of corresponding eye-witness accounts.

Assume that's true, in a way, but maybe not the way you've been taught to believe by the cover stories. Some of the stories will also say that it went to W-P, but a few say it went to LANL.

Marcel logged over 468 hours as a pilot. He flew B-24 aircraft, served as a bombardier, a waist-gunner, and was the recipient of five medals for shooting down enemy aircrafts in World War II. Towards the end of the war, he was assigned to the 509th Bomb Wing. This division was an elite group. All of those who were a party required top-secret clearances.

You've got a self-defeating criterion going on here. You want to believe him, and you see these attributes as increasing his credibility. However, the same attributes would also make it unlikely for him to tell you the mystic secrets of the gubmint. Also, you don't see the gubmint jumping in to cover it up and destroy the testimony. Why would this person whom you feel is believable due to these characteristics of personal honor and tight lips suddenly become believable to you when he supposedly breaks his NDA, "reveals all" and tells you it was space buddies?

Was he "nuts" too. Is the entire military nuts?

I've often wondered that same thing. I'd say Marcel, Ramey et al were not nuts, just not being forthcoming. Or agreeing to look like the Three Stooges to sell the "whoops - we let slip it was space buddies" cover story layer.

I guess you have to view Corso in the same light - was it "one last duty to perform" or delusion? Either way, you get the same effect. Find out who ghost-wrote it for him, it would likely tell you something.

Still, how and why could so many separate sources tell the same story in this instance.
Have you ever read about "the battle of LA"?

That's easy - it's scripted and all coming from the same place. Keeps the story straight.

You don't even have to have most of the people in on it. You can leak crap to the right people that you know will talk and let them spread it for you with great sincerity.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I can't accredit the structure with that much competence; scripted or not, encouraged or not.
I believe Marcel, and guys like astronaut Gordon Cooper, were silenced by employment. They told the truth after that commitment was compromised by civilian living. I personally have over 100 direct quotes from similar astronauts confirming an intelligent extraterrestrial reality, all of which were given after their known employment.

Will you admit the reality that although this specific incident may've been compromised;
the phenomenon itself is genuine.

Can you believe in cover-ups/disinformation/and an actual unknown element concurrently?
Or do you believe in one; and therefor, not the other?
Can't both/all exist with equal significance?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Can you believe in cover-ups/disinformation/and an actual unknown element concurrently?
Or do you believe in one; and therefor, not the other?
Can't both/all exist with equal significance?

Starting from the bottom up, only if they DO. There's a nice technological race that has a penchant for covering things up, and they're here already. It's less likely that (1) there is another species that has interstellar flight and (2) has discovered us and (3) somehow has really basic problems and crashes a lot leaving (4) nearly operational vehicles behind which somehow we manage to interpret.

The other story I was told in an interview long ago makes more sense - that one involves the introduction of space buddies as a cover story for some fundamental discoveries the gubmint didn't want to share with Joe Citizen.

Having seen the gubmint at work behind the scenes, I'm going with (c) - the story I heard is possibly, perhaps even probably bs but makes more sense to me than space buddies with fantastic ships that somehow manage to get here from Zeta Reticuli only to crash and die conveniently on arrival.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I share your basic logic; however isn’t it reasonable to consider that we’ll continue to expand our range every year; in which case only time and energy will eventually limit how far we get? As long as Earth is able support human life, we’ll continue to extend our reach out into space. Space is infinite, limitless… It insinuates that in an infinite number of directions from the point at which you’re sitting right now; you could head in an infinite distance, in any of those infinite directions. Infinity means: in any one of those directions, you’ll encounter parallel time and space, over an infinite timeline. (In any one direction)

Because time and space can never end…
In infinity, you’ll encounter every possibility.

By reason alone there are never ending societies, of infinitely wiser races of extraterrestrial beings, who’ve in all likelihood mastered concepts that we can’t even begin to imagine. There exist infinite scores of planets and species not completely unlike our own, that have evolved many millions of years beyond our time in existence; home to residents that have learned to fly through space and time, where we’re just learning to crawl. If you’re capable of expanding your thoughts and self awareness enough to consider these possibilities, or that even just one planet in this infinite Universe has progressed enough to travel through space and time; traveling the vast distances involved in visiting Earth; then you must realize in an ever-growing Universe, the same possibilities exist on an endless timeframe, within an infinite number of parallel circumstances. If you can visualize these basic concepts; then you must comprehend it’s more than possible, there are millions of civilizations within the vastness of infinity; that we’ve been visited by a number of those species.

Can you concede that rationality?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Can you concede that rationality?

Divided by several scores of orders of magnitude.

The universe probably isn't old enough for any civilization to be many millions of years ahead of us. And spreading through the universe requires time. And the universe, as you say, is spectacularly large, finite but unbounded.
And given all that vastness, the possibility that another spacefaring race just happens to find us, and crash and die and give us their spaceships, is down there with monkeys flying out of my arse.

YMMV.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

We've created a giant neon sign crying out in the darkness. When was the last time anyone saw a planet like this. I'm pretty sure if we saw a planet littered with artificial lighting, we'd make a point to go there first. Why would they be different?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Having seen the gubmint at work behind the scenes, I'm going with (c) - the story I heard is possibly, perhaps even probably bs but makes more sense to me than space buddies with fantastic ships that somehow manage to get here from Zeta Reticuli only to crash and die conveniently on arrival.

You mean like the Beagle 2 Mars probe? what if interstellar travel is really hard and tricky to a Zeta Reticiulan who has to fly in the machine made by the lowest bidder & best buddy of the Congressdroid from North Orcistan?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Think about it. What better way to get your eyes off the dove going up the sleeve than to offer you a monster to catch your attention instead? The crash at Roswell - consider - what else might have gone on? Assume that both the weather balloon and the little space buddy story are both layered cover stories, and that anyone who was a witness to them was faked off. Assume too, that it is a project way bigger than the development of the nuclear bomb, running at about the same time. Who were the big players in the bomb development?

Enrico Fermi/Glenn Seaborg on the scientific side; Oppenheimer & Groves administrators.

Who was not, that should have been? Why not?

Einstein? Didn't have enough practical engineering experience or knowledge of nuclear physics, presumably. Apparently he didn't recognize the possibility of a chain reaction from fissioning uranium until it was explained.

What were they up to? Who was going back and forth between the bomb project and, say, IAS?

Johnny von Neumann.

Who got together at IAS before the bomb project got going, that was a real oddball combination, worthy of note? It's a wacky world, nothing is what it seems.

I dunno.
edit on 11-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Absolutely correct. In his book The Day After Roswell Col. Corso relates rhyme and verse what he personally did in supervising the technology transfer, why and maybe most importantly, why he waited until his boss General Trudeau died to release this information. The story is fascinating, but squelched by the pundits of course and perhaps those who preferred the public continue to believe it was all just part of the bigger Roswell "hoax". Check out: The Strange Case Of Philip Corso And The Roswell UFO Incident at:

dcmusgrove.blogspot.com... if you want some more details on this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join