It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overopulation: An inevitable disaster an the verge of arriving

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

over population is suck a joke. IMO. I fly up and down the west coast on a privet jet and their is so much open land its crazy. the only reason you don’t see it is because you only travel on roads. the purpose of a road is to take your from one populated location to the next.

You are correct. It is used to hide intentional starvation for fun and profit.

Look at all the trees on the east coast of the USA. Much of the reforested land has stonewalls running every which way because it was all under cultivation at one time.

I just put in a septic and foundation in a mature forest on my land. It is a 1/2 mile through the woods. The area as it was bulldozed smelled of COW. It used to be cow pasture from the civil war till about 50 yrs ago.

This is what is actually happening:
1995: The World Trade Organization Agreement on Ag (written by the VP of Cargill, the grain traders) did away with tarrifs and "opened borders"

1996: Congress used to PAID farmers not to grow crops until the 1996 "Freedom to Farm Act" written by the same VP of Cargill. The US farmers overproduced grain. Congress voted emergency funding to keep US farmers from bankrupting while CARGILL bought the grain for well below production cost. The grain was then sold overseas at below cost and bankrupted third world farmers. By 2003 Mexico alone had lost 75% of her farmers.

2007 The next step was the passage of the Renewable Fuels Standard in the 2007. That ate up all the surplus US grain. Grain prices skyrocketed. Mexico and other countries that had lost their farmers had riots.

2008 Monsanto and Cargill posted record high earnings in 2008. And children starved....

2008 Bill Clinton's mea culpa at World Food Day commemoration at UN Headquarters, 24 October 2008

2010 Bill Clinton's mea culpa on Haiti food imports.

A bit too little too late Bill, especially since your wife and YOUR Buddies, Monsanto and Cargill now have American farmers in their cross hairs.

Starvation is due to the GREED of bankers and Corporations out to grab control of all the best farmland in the world. The "Overpopulation" myth is the way they hide the results of their nasty policies.

Mr. Budhoo,a senior economist at the IMF says it best:

"Today I resigned from the staff of the International Monetary Fund after over 12 years, and after 1000 days of official fund work in the field, hawking your medicine and your bag of tricks to governments and to peoples in Latin America and the Caribbean and Africa. To me, resignation is a priceless liberation, for with it I have taken the first big step to that place where I may hope to wash my hands of what in my mind's eye is the blood of millions of poor and starving peoples. Mr. Camdessus, the blood is so much, you know, it runs in rivers. It dries up too; it cakes all over me; sometimes I feel that there is not enough soap in the whole world to cleanse me from the things that I did do in your name and in the name of your predecessors, and under your official seal. "

With those words, Davison Budhoo, a senior economist with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for more than 12 years, publicly resigned in May, 1988....

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Having read posts and sites on verticle farming, I think that is the way forward. although there is talk in Chicago of when all the abandoned houses are bulldozed, to make those areas into small farms, good idea in my opinion, most cities seem to be built on the best soil.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Having read posts and sites on verticle farming, I think that is the way forward. although there is talk in Chicago of when all the abandoned houses are bulldozed, to make those areas into small farms, good idea in my opinion, most cities seem to be built on the best soil.

Farmland is not the problem. NIMBYs are the problem. Read the article about what has happened to one of the most productive farming areas in the USA.
ATS - two Californias

The Dust Bowl Congress created

Fresno County Ag production totaled $5.3 billion in 2007, making it #1 ag county in the nation.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Where did you get anti abortion group headed by a priest?

I'm pretty sure you have the wrong website.

This is the one I am referencing.

Source

~Keeper

Do you even do the slightest bit on research on your sources?

Evidently not.

Try looking at the bottom of the page you linked to.

it says this:

Copyright © 2010 Population Research Institute. All rights reserved.

Now, try going to the Population Research Institute website, found here

Check out the about section and the page about their founder.

Since that might be too difficult, I will post it here:

Fr. Paul Marx, O.S.B. was a pioneer in the worldwide pro-life movement. He became involved in the movement in the 1960s, writing his first pro-life news article in 1967.

He was ordained to the priesthood on June 15, 1947 by the Order of St. Benedict. After nearly two decades on the faculty of St. Johns University, he was permitted by his order to work on pro-life issues full time. He undertook the task of spreading the pro-life message with his characteristic vision, leadership, and energy.

Try looking at their mission statement:

Expose the relentless promotion of abortion, abortifacient contraception, and chemical and surgical sterilization in misleadingly labeled “population stabilization,” “family planning,” and “reproductive health” programs.

Promote pro-natal and pro-family attitudes, laws, and policies worldwide.

Why must I do all of your work for you?

Try doing actually research instead of just googling a topic and relying on a single source of information to form your opinions.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The World Population Time Bomb is Ticking.

Global food production is already failing to match global demand. In the last 3 decades, 250 million people, mostly children, have died of starvation or hunger-related disease; and today more than a billion people are starving. Energy powers food production more than your car. 10 calories of fossil fuels produce every 1 calorie of food. Every step of modern food production, (pesticiding, fertilizing, tractoring, processing, packaging, distributing, refrigerating, cooking ...), is fossil fuel powered.

All oil production follows a bell curve, where oil is increasingly plentiful and cheaper on the upslope of the bell curve, 50 percent depleted at the peak, and increasingly scarce and expensive on the down slope.

If 2005 was the global Oil Peak , worldwide oil production in the year 2030 will equal that of 1980. However, the 2030 world will be much more industrialized (oil-dependent) and populated (approximately twice), than the 1980 world.

Consequently, worldwide, oil demand will so greatly outpace oil production that, unless alternate forms of energy are used, energy prices will skyrocket, oil dependant economies will crumble, and resource wars will explode.

Renewable Energy Generators. We should already be implementing alternative energy plans while we have affordable oil to do this.
Alternative energy plans could include:
On-land: Photovoltaic Cells and Solar Water heaters on roof-tops,
and Plastic Waste to Fuel Generators;
Off-shore: Wind and Wave Generators on platforms.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
double post, please remove.
edit on 20-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeThomas

I think you got it right

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Overpopulation is an inevitable disaster that has already arrived. Look at quickly rising poor populations of poor people in Africa, Asia, and South America. That is overpopulation right there, and it brings starving, poverty, crime and other negatives with it.

Some people believe that overpopulation will result in disintegration of world society, or something. That is a myth.

The disaster is already here. Its just that people residing in wealthy countries, like those writing in this thread, are not affected by it, and never will. It is easy to write on the internet that overpopulation is a myth then. Go and try to tell something like that to some poor ghetto in a third world country, and we will see how quickly you will change your mind.

Demographic trap
edit on 20/1/11 by Maslo because: link

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Excellent perspective friend.
The writing is on the wall.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I know its not this simple, but purely from the land area perspective, all of the world's population would fit into Australia, giving each just over 1000m2 piece of land.

Australia land area 7,617,930km2
Earth population say 7 bil.

And total earth land mass is about 30%, with 70% water.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by remrem
I know its not this simple, but purely from the land area perspective, all of the world's population would fit into Australia, giving each just over 1000m2 piece of land.

Australia land area 7,617,930km2
Earth population say 7 bil.

And total earth land mass is about 30%, with 70% water.

7 Billion is a conservitive number; 8 is reasonable; 8.5 is high.
Australia- Maybe if you stand shoulder to shoulder.
70% salt water- You can't drink salt water.
Drinkable water is a finite resource.
Oil is a finite resource.
Our world revolves around both of them equally.
life on earth has proven to be an ever-changing anomaly.
The dinosaurs didn't even destroy the environment.
Why should humanity be any different than them?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think it goes further then just overpopulation with food, there's also a factor of germs and if there was a world wide spread of something not common cold or flu, I think we are in serious, serious troubl. There's no place to go to get away and people regardless come out when they are ill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join