It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overopulation: An inevitable disaster an the verge of arriving

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

On a national level, the U.S. simply cannot absorb the projected 100 million additional people in the next 40 years.

Speculation is not fact. You can not prove that we as a population can not adapt to the needs of more. Greed and lack of caring for the neighbor is what make it impossible not space.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

The infrastructure is falling apart. Water sources are diminishing rapidly. More and more people are on some form of social assistance.

The numbers do not equate to being able to absorb another 100 million people.

That is a fact.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Um...your comment about water diminishing could be debated. Heres a report that would counter your claim?
Care to submit your proof to validate your argument?

source: www.livescience.com...
source: www.canadafreepress.com...
source: www.lewrockwell.com...
edit on 15-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

The infrastructure is falling apart. Water sources are diminishing rapidly. More and more people are on some form of social assistance.

The numbers do not equate to being able to absorb another 100 million people.

That is a fact.

Sorry what water diminishing, have you seen all the floods, the ocean is rising, it has not stopped raining here on the Oregon Coast since Sept.

Social assistance is man made and not God ordained.

Help to others should be from the heart and not forced though government taxation.

Those people are capable of working, everybody should have small gardens and larger ones where possible.

Entertainment is one of the destroyers of people, work first then play, provide your daily substance and chores before you play.

No it is not a fact over population is a myth created by others trained into your mind to believe such a lie so you will be a partaker of their plan to depopulate the planet.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Overpopulation is a wonderful myth that some people like to talk about in order to further scare people.

The numbers that stated that we don't have enough food or water to sustain population growth don't take into account the piss poor way we actually grow food and distribute it.

There is plenty of room for double of what we currently have in population, and there is plenty of food and water available if only we actually started growing proper food and applying proper water treatment and distribution.

Canada for example. We have 33 million people who live here. Our country is almost the size of the United States which boasts 330 million people. 3/4 of our country is empty.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

With your argument on over population...where's your facts? have any? Or are you assuming?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

With your argument on over population...where's your facts? have any? Or are you assuming?

I don't think I need to post sources for the population of Canada or the US, you can just google those if you don't believe me.

The rest of my argument is factual. There is NO reason we cannot support all the people currently on earth or more if we start growing PROPER food, which means non GMO and drinking PROPER water which means non fluoride, clean and well distributed.

It's not the people that are the problem it's the system we use to nourish the people that is the problem.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It doesnt really matter what the truth is. The people holding all of the marbles feel the population is too large and there are too many useless eaters. Eugenicists and depopulationists are well seated within our government. The "rich" elitists.. the true ones.. dont like to share. If they are paying out money that could be used to fit their agenda on these useless eaters.. why not manufacture something to get rid of the expense?

The truth hasnt mattered before.. I dont see why anyone here thinks it actually matters now. Dont make me post a bunch of links to the govt depop guys own words... just google it.
Everything from viruses and pandemics to natural disasters and war has been tossed around my them.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Glad this is being discussed. I've been holding on to this youtube for a while now, and would appreciate someone saying "no this is wrong because..................." (really, I do)

Because if true then it doesn't look to good.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There is more than enough food produced in the world to feed everyone, with much left. There are more obese people in the world than starving people. The problems are local, not global, caused by lack of proper distribution of available food.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I take it the answer is "no" to my first question. The inability to submit facts further suggests your argument holds no merit.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I take it the answer is "no" to my first question. The inability to submit facts further suggests your argument holds no merit.

Well you'd be wrong, but I won't waste my time arguing with you if you can't do your own research.

I've done my research on this issue and everything stated can be easily verified with a quick google search.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

And yet your comments lack any submitted proof of research? No sources, means no recognition. Nice try though, but I think you may want to go back to re-runs of sesame street.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And yet your comments lack any submitted proof of research? No sources, means no recognition. Nice try though, but I think you may want to go back to re-runs of sesame street.

Hmm, personal attacks eh?

How mature of you.

Here's your info, I suggest you do your research and then come back and tell me how right I was. But I doubt you'll do that last thing.

Your Education

~Keeper
edit on 12/15/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

No personal attacks, and you obviously don't know the meaning of personal attack so here you go:

Making of an abusive remark instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments
source:www.google.com...
ersonal+attack&sa=X&ei=CFQJTfKTLJC8sQOU4ZGZDg&ved=0CBsQkAE

I simply made a suggestion. Entirely different concept...but I will read your link....

Unfortunately, your site is very liberally biased, but ok.
edit on 15-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

How about aids, swine flue, hoof and mouth, bird flue, cholera, Lyme, anthrax, or any other?
It's only a matter of time before a new strain is unstoppable.

Imagine an outbreak at the LAX airport.
Imagine passengers head out to every city, state, and country throughout the world.
It's easy if you try. Every person is in danger.

edit on 15-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

Wlel mroe leis ocne aigan. We msut bleeive ervehintg we raed. Bcaeuse no one wloud eevr lie to you.

Oevr plpoutatoin is a mtyh. No one can pvore tihs utinl it hppanes. Werhe is the geart fmaine of the 70's.

Geerd is waht sartves a plpoutatoin.

This is a testament to how well the human mind can work. I could still figure out what you were saying and all the words over three letters were misspelled .

edit on 15-12-2010 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
There is alot of conjecture in the overpopulation argument.
I used to be a firm believer in overpopulation until I did a bit of math and study, realizing that it appears more a myth to drive up food property prices synthetically by creating a false crisis.

2 Immigrants with a birthrate of 4 will produce 120+ descendants in 80 years.

Asimov-Democracy cannot survive overpopulation. Hmmm,sound like the NWO?
edit on 15-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Nice spot 5, I was wondering if it was English...
It's hard to adhere to the side of illiteracy.
How good of a point can be made, with unreadable dribble?
I always knew people spoke without thinking it through.
Writing should be a different story entirely.
If you don't take the time to make it sound good,
whats the point in writing anything at all?
If you want to alter the view of another,
provide a clear point of view.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Doesn't matter who made the website. It's the information that is important no?

And actually the website is sponsored by a think tank that is HEAVILY conservative/right wing. Altghough in recent years it's been all donations.

The Population Research Institute (PRI) is a non-profit organization based in Virginia. The PRI describes itself as "a non-profit research and educational organization dedicated to objectively presenting the truth about population-related issues." PRI argues against the notion that human overpopulation is occurring, and refers to itself as a "pro-life" organization.

The Population Research Institute has in past years received funding from The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, Inc.,[1] which is stated by a liberal watch-dog group as being "the country's largest and most influential right-wing foundation".[2]

Source

In any case I'm awaiting your response to my facts.

~Keeper
edit on 12/15/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join