It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee says reunification of two Koreas drawing near

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I disagree with your statement. South Korea was under a military dictatorship from 1961 until the late '80s. This was while the US was in South Korea.

Yep. PEOPLE KNOW YOUR HISTORY.

SKorea was a dictatorship for quite a while... and not long ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It is too earky to talk abour reunification ...however i don't think that Kim Jong-il will agree with this .

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Sorry the military dictatorship in S. Korea is like a walk in the park compared to the atrocities of N. Korea or Maoist China. Furthermore Pol Pot was opposed by the US. President Ford in fact warned of their atrocities and the US denied the Khmer Rouge a place in the UN. So get your facts of history straight.

Without the US there would be absolutely no democracy anywhere in the world right now and no human rights. Either the Nazis or communists would rule us all. I'm not saying the US is perfect, I'm just saying it's preferable to the abject horror of the autocratic regimes that fill Asia. When the US is removed democracy will be a distant fond memory. It disgusts me that so many in western civilization have decided to hate themselves and hate the US. The soviet propaganda infiltration that created the liberal wackos in the 60s has apparently been completely victorious in turning Europe and now America into a mini-communist police state.

<< 1   >>

join